Other Refrigerators:

Pros

Cons

Very Stylish and Functional Fridge

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This side by side fridge is amazing. Coming from a top & bottom door style fridge, the side by side alone was a big change, but when comparing the numerous brands the look, features, and price of this fridge is what caught out attention. The stainless steel is very modern and updated and not as hard to keep clean as I expected. The only reason I rate a 9 is because the ice machine does tend to get compacted and will not work unless removed and emptied.

Noise Level
The fridge itself is quiet, however the ice maker is very loud & noisy.

Interior Organization
Removeable shelves make for easy reorganization inside the fridge.

Temperature Control
Have never had an issue with things being too cold or not cold enough in the fridge or freezer compartments.

The shelves slide out for super eay cleaning and the front doors wipe clean quickly with stainless cleaner or just a damp rag.

It has held up to banging of doors and dropping of food on shelves. I feel it is very durable.

Very stylish and modern. A great overall look for a kitchen.

Poor Design

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The design of this product is lacking. It is very pretty and looks nice in the kitchen but there are some design flaws with this Samsung product. The ice maker is poor quality and spits out chunks of ice on the cube setting. It seems like ice cubes often get stuck and they either drop down one at a time or drop dpwn too many to fit in a glass. Water always drips down the front of the door after use of the water spout because there is no catch tray for dripping water.

Noise Level
This fridge is very quiet while running however, obviously the ice machine makes some noise.

Interior Organization
The shelving inside is not tall enough for 2 liter bottles. There is limited options on how to move the shelves. This makes it difficult to fit what you need inside.

Temperature Control
Food stays perfect temp and it is nice you can set your own degrees.

Glass shelving is very easy to clean.

Dents on the doors are very easily occurring.

• Temperature Control:

The quietest and best refrigerator we have ever owned.

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

When I first bought this refrigerator, I was a little leary because I had never heard of a refrigerator made by Samsung before. However, we have now owned this refrigerator for 3 years now and I am so happy I made the choice. Our electric bill has gone down and we now have a refrigerator that both my wife and myself absolutely love.

Also, the fruit and vegetable crisper keeps our fresh produce fresher longer. The refrigerator has as ton of room for all of our items. The water filter is very easy to change as well and ours doesn't need to be changed more than 1x per year.

My favorite kitchen appliance

from New York, NY

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Of all the appliances I own, this is my favorite - and gets me the most positive feedback. It is a thing of beauty. The gorgeous stainless steel finish fits perfectly in with the rest of my kitchen decor and really makes it stand out. It looks high quality, modern and eye catching. The stainless steel does attract a lot of finger prints, but it is very easy to clean. The storage is spacious and well organized. Perfect for large families. The ice maker gets a lot of use, especially by my children. The side by side design does require you to have a large kitchen space. There is very little noise level, to the point where I don't even hear it running. I have only had this refrigerator for 3 months, but so far it is been very durable. I have not encountered any problems. It appears to be very well made. Samsung is a high quality brand, and though expensive, I feel this was worth it in every way.

Update: 10/6/2013: I have now owned this refrigerator for more than a year and I could not be any happier. It really is my favorite kitchen appliance. Definitely well worth the money.

• Temperature Control:

OK but opt for a better known appliance maker

from 35294

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I have this refrigerator and I am unsure if I would purchase another Samsung refrigerator. I think GE/Whirlpool may be a safer option because they are really known for their appliances. My biggest problem with this refrigerator is the fact that the rubber on the doors get really hot. I cannot figure our why this is happening. The refrigerator and the freezer seem to work fine, but that rubber gets really hot. The number of shelves and the drawer space are fine. It is especially nice that they are adjustable, meaning you can make the space in between wider or more narrow for your items. This has been especially useful as I can make a shelf for tall items and a shelf for flat items. Ok, appliance, but opt for a better known appliance maker!

Awesome buy

from Elizabeth, NJ

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I love this refridgerator. Its a energy saver. Sleek look. Spillproof shelves are a must with a toddler in the house. Easy to set up. No problems with ice dispenser. Very quiet running. Only downside couple times a day you can hear water running. Well worth investment.

One of my favorites!

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This has got to be one of my favorite kitchen appliances in my house! The space on this is amazing and it cools my food quickly, has plenty of storage space that is movable for those big and tough things you have to store! I definitely recommend this to anyone!

• Temperature Control:

Samsung Side-by-side is a real steal!

from Holly Ridge, NC

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

When we bought our new home we had to get a new fridge. We headed to best buy to find something nice. We looked at every refrigerator and decided on the Samsung side-by-side. It is a large fridge with lots of space! You can fit a gallon of milk in the door! That is so awesome. The shelves are all adjustable and easy to clean. They are very durable. The freezer is roomy enough but not huge. A neat feature of the freezer is the pizza slot next to the ice maker that gives you extra space that is usually wasted. There are two pull out baskets at the bottom of the freezer which come in handy. Overall the freezer is excellent. The ice maker and water are both fabulous. I have never had issues with it being noisey while making ice. There are controls for cubed or crushed ice along with controls for fridge and freezer temperature and child locks on the outside of the fridge. I would reccomend this fridge to any of my friends, it is such a good value for the money and the black looks really fabulous even next to our stainless steal appliances. This is one awesome fridge!!

Lots of space!

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I am in love with my Samsung refrigerator. Samsung makes quality products and this refrigerator is no exception. 26 cubic feet allows for plenty of room! My husband is a hunter, and despite the fact that I wasn't crazy about the idea of a deer head in my freezer (he plans on getting it mounted), I was impressed with the fact that an 8 point buck head fit inside (along with all of our freezer goods)! I'm also big on stockpiling, so I'm able to store quite a stockpile in both the freezer and refrigerator. The LED lighting is wonderful, especially when you open the refrigerator when the kitchen lights are off or dim -- it doesn't blind you like regular refrigerator lighting does. The water filter does a great job at filtering the water, and it tastes like it came right out of a bottle. It comes with a wide range of settings for both the freezer and the refrigerator so you can adjust it to your preferences. Plus, it's energy efficient!