4.1
Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator

4.1

I love my Samsung Fridge

My husband and I bought our Samsung side-by-side last year and absolutely love it. We went from a 18cuft to the 24cuft. Ours also has a variable temperature drawer so you can use it defrost items, lightly freeze, or store fruits/veggies and/or meats. We frequently use it to defrost meat and it does a great job at it. The freezer section is one of the largest we saw. There are 2 drawers at the bottom that are incredibly convenient and a pizza shelf next to the ice maker. The pizza shelf was a great idea.

The lighting in this fridge and freezer is wonderful. You can very easily see in every drawer and shelf unlike refrigerators I've had before that have a well-lit top shelf but everything else is dim.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this refrigerator. One of the best purchases we've made in a long time!

Samsung Side by Side Fridge

I purchased this fridge with coordinating Samsung appliances. Unfortunately, there was not a floor model at the store where I purchased it so I didn't realize I'd have the feeling of being "close in" each time I opened my fridge. This has been the first fridge I've owned with 2 doors side by side so I feel like I don't have much room. If you have a small kitchen make sure you have space to open the doors all the way. If you have one door against a wall, this will make it hard to get the drawers out to clean and maneuver in general.

It has so many features for ice and water, but it plays music when you touch the buttons. The ice maker is a bit slow to respond, but it does the job. I didn't need this feature but it's the trend on fridges. It really just cuts back on my freezer space. It's a bit loud when the ice falls.

The side slots for food on the inside door don't hold much so I've purchased small Tupperware containers to put smaller bagged items in instead. You get one big drawer at the bottom but I prefer things to be more organized.

Very pleased overall, one problem

from York, SC 29745

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

• Large Kitchens
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Trash, spills can collect in bottom of veggie drawer where front panel snaps onto drawer. Haven't found a way to clean. Afraid it would break the drawer to remove front panel.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

It is a fantastic refrigerator

from Caio,Egypt

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

• Big Families
    • Large Kitchens

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

My mother bought Samsung Side-by-Side refrigerator the last year. We bought it because we moved to a new big house. So,our new kitchen is big and our old refrigerator was not big enough so we had to bought a new big refrigerator. My mother asked her friends about a good refrigerator with a good price and most of them advised her to buy Samsung Side-by-Side refrigerator. In the beginning I did not belive them but honestly the refrigerator is awesome. It has an attractive design and its price is perfect. In addition to, it has a space for tall items and it is good at energy effeicent. Also,it is cold enough and easy to use. The only bad thing in it that it is bad ice maker. In my opinion it is a very good refrigerator and my mum love it very much and I advise every one to buy it.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

This refrigerator is very well priced!

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

We love our refrigerator. We bought this refrigerator approximately 2 years ago and have never had any issues with it. It has a lot of space inside. It also comes with several storage compartments which is perfect for our family needs. Its also very easy to clean. This refrigerator is also very well priced. The freezer compartment fits a good amount of food and it includes shelves for organized storage. I like that it comes in different colors so you can get the one that goes with your kitchen design. It really does fit our every food storage need. It also includes a water and ice dispenser which is great if you have small children. They can help themselves with water and safely reach. This feature adds savings to your pocket because it omits the need to install a water filter to your regular sink for drinking water. We usually always buy another appliance brand but this refrigerator had everything we needed and the price was good as well. It was a good decision because we got excellent quality without breaking the bank.

Overall A Nice Fridge

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Its quiet, sleek and stylish. The fridge has plenty of space in the fridge itself, but could do better for its freezer portion. The limited width creates difficulty in stacking and managing foods, as well as making it difficult to see food at times. Other than that, great kitchen appliance.

• Temperature Control:

I'm satisfied with my choice

from Mullica Hill, NJ

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I've had this refrigerator for 2 years now, and I'm happy with it. It is a very nice looking appliance, although I wouldn't choice stainless steel again (for any appliance)...just shows dirt too easily. Another negative is the produce drawers....they are very small and they only open 1/2 way, unless you push the door back completely. We are a household of two adults, so the space is fine for us, but I don't think a larger family would do well with this model.

Noise Level
    You can hear the ice cubes dropping when they're being made, but we've become used to the sound. Other than that it is a very quiet model.

Interior Organization
    The sliding drawers on the bottom could be better designed. It's difficult to get a head of lettuce in the drawer because they only open partially.

Temperature Control
    No problems here. I was having ice crystals forming on the frozen foods, but a temperature adjustment fixed that.

Inside is easy to clean, but the stainless steel exterior is a pain in the neck.

So far, so good.

It is a very nice looking refrigerator, and I was happy to find one that fit into a small opening.

Love this!

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

We have had this fridge for about a year. We couldn't be happier. Lovin' the ice and water in the door.

Don't hear any noise.

Temperature Control
    It doesn't seem to "feel" cold when I open the door but all the food is at the right temperature. I'm just used to the older style fridges. I really like the crisper drawer in the middle of the fridge and the two on the bottom. Putting cheese and cold cuts in the middle helps keep from having to bend over all the time and it keeps them at the right temperature

Just cleaned it today. Wipes down great, I used some multipurpose cleaner on the inside and out with a warm wet towel.

We have had this for about a year and it has held up well. My only complaint is the filter for the water doesn't seem to last very long. And since I haven't changed it since I bought the fridge I don't know how difficult it is to change it. I did fiddle with it a little and couldn't get it out.

The door has a chime to remind you that the door has been open too long. I really like this feature because I know when the children are in the fridge. lol

• Temperature Control:

The best refrigerator we've ever had.

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This fridge is fabulous. We are a family of six, so we need a lot of space to hold all of our food and drinks. The led lights are great for a night time drink of water. The water filter filters the water to give perfect drinking water. The ice maker works quickly, we have yet to run out of ice. The lock on the outside water and ice dispenser is very helpful because we have small children.

Noise Level
    The only noise that this fridge really makes is when filling the ice trays, and dispensing the ice. Besides this the fridge makes a beeping noise when the doors have been opened for a while to remind you to close it to save energy.

Interior Organization
    Side shelfs are helpful for dressings and condiments, plenty of shelf space to store containers, drinks, and fruits/vegetables. The drawers are very spacious.

Temperature Control
    The quick cool and quick freeze are great for when you need something to cool or freeze quickly

The design is very sleek and fits into our clean cut kitchen perfectly

Ice Maker very noisy

from Tampa Florida

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Bought as it was part of a package of other Samsung Appliances even though it didn't exactly match. It wasn't a closeout but the store only had a couple left so I got an excellent price, would have never paid retail. There isn't much room for food and the ice maker makes a lot of noise. I used it for a month and now it's in my rental unit, had two service calls on it. Disappointed.

Noise Level
    I realize it wasn't the best unit, but the ice maker sounds terrible! Twice the repairmen came out as the cube/crush didn't work but they both insisted that the loud rumble from the ice maker is just the way it's made and there is nothing they can do. There also seems to be overall noise from the compressor.

Interior Organization
    There is a pizza shelf next to the ice maker which is a nice feature for a sbs, but in all I wouldn't recommend this if you have a need for a lot of freezer space. The icemaker and components take up a lot of room. On the Fridge size, I don't like the door as it's impossible to put tall soda bottles or large OJ jugs in there. It's not as adjustable as I'd prefer.

Temperature Control
    The food seems to stay cold enough in both the fridge and freezer so long as the doors stay shut/ If you don't kinda slam them, it's easy for them to pop open and then the freezer will ice over.

There is lots of light which shows the spills and crumbs just fine. The produce drawers do come out easy to clean, but the shelves don't. I used vinegar a few times to get out bad spills but it was very hard to get it off the rims. The freezer is harder to clean with the ice maker.

With the two service calls on the ice maker and the noise of the compressor, and the seal on the door, I doubt this will last long.

Overall, not very good and I wouldn't recommend even if you're using it in a rental property.

• Temperature Control:

Very nice fridge for a very good price.

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This fridge has a bunch of nice features. The biggest problem is the slow icemaker. It does not produce enough ice at a time and it doesnt produce it fast enough.

Interior Organization
    This fridge has some nice blue lighting, but it is covered up if you put anything on the top shelf. The lights should be placed somewhere higher.

Temperature Control
    The temperature control gauges are very easy to control and understand. The main problem with this fridge is the ice maker. It creates ice very slowly. It also only creates seven cubes at a time. By the time I am done filling up the cups for dinner, the ice is gone and it takes a good 2 days to fill all the way back up again.

The outside of the fridge cleans up very well. It is smooth, which shows dings and dents very easily, but it also is much easier to wipe up. It doesn't have bumps that food gets trapped in like on most other fridges.

The design is very nice. It has a control lock so that kids cannot play with the ice or water. It also has a warning bell that rings if the fridge door is left open too long. There is an energy saving feature. There is also a quick freeze that blows continuous cold air into either the fridge or freezer for 36 hours straight.

• Temperature Control:

We are pretty happy with our Samsung Counter Depth Refrigerator!

Comments about Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Overall we are happy with our Samsung fridge. I love that it isn't too deep so we don't push old leftovers to the back. It has two fruit/veggie drawers and I love the little drink holder in the door. The only complaint is we have an issue with the crushed ice. Most of the time it doesn't crush and whole cubes come out. I love the drawers in the freezer and the shelves in the door tilt so its easier to get things in & out. Overall I would recommend this refrigerator as long as you aren't too obsessed with having crushed ice.

Noise Level
    It is very quiet unless you are trying to use the crushed ice.

Interior Organization
    Surprisingly roomy. Love the drawers and all the space in the door.

Everything is easy to clean except I have a hard time with the bottom drawer.

Everything is great but the ice maker.

They made great use of the space. We downsized when buying this refrigerator and we don't miss the extra space at all. All the drawers really help to organize everything.