View more computer monitors

Samsung Samtron 17 inch CRT Monitor

Samsung Samtron 78DF Monitor - Too big

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Samsung Samtron 17 inch CRT Monitor:

I have owned the Samsung Samtron 78DF Monitor for probably over 4 years.  For me, its main downfall is its size.  It is a chunky monitor.  It is approximately 15 inches wide, 16 inches tall, and 17 inches deep.  It sits on the edge of my desk with part of the back hanging over the desks edge in order to give me more desk space.  It definitely is not space-saving, like the new flat panel monitors.

It has a round base, which allows for swiveling.  The monitor's screen is square, and it's a flat screen (not flat panel).  The monitor is that standard off-white computer color.

It has 4 or 5 buttons on the front of the monitor; from left to right, they are as follows: Exit, -, +, Menu, and Power.  The - and + control things such as Brightness, Contrast, H-position, V-position, H-size, V-size, Pincushion, Geometry, Language, Advanced, Zoom, Degauss, Recall, and Display Timing.

Sometimes, I feel like it take a bit of time to turn on, that is from the time I press the power button until the monitor actual shows something on its screen.  I haven't had any major problems that I can recall.