Other Digital Cameras:

Samsung - SL502 Digital Camera

Affordable camera

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Samsung - SL502 Digital Camera:

This camera is an affordable option for digital photo taking. It has 12.2 mega pixels and a 5x optical zoom. We have owned this camera for over a year and have found that it takes good pictures. The battery life seems good which is handy for trips. I recommend bringing your charger for long trips. When taking pictures of mountains or objects that are far away I recommend not zooming in too much because the pictures can come out blurry. When you take a pictures and load it onto your computer you can then crop it or zoom in so that you can get the desired affect. I have found that to be helpful because blurry pictures can be difficult to sharpen with software features that I have found.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

This is a great overall camera for the casual photographer.

Comments about Samsung - SL502 Digital Camera:

Very good Camera. Easy to use. Take great pictures with out much fuss and hassle.

Image Quality
Was surprised by how good the Image quality was.

It performance well under most conditions. Had a little trouble getting it to take low light pictures but i soon figure out how to fix that.

Very easy to use as a regular camera. In low light places it might take a few shots for you get a good picture but after the first time you mange to get a good picture you learn the trick and never have to worry with it again.

From my point of view this is a very Durable camera. It seem to hold up in a lot of rough and tumble places.

Battery Life
Battery life was fair for me. I never manage to fill up a total memory card with one charge though. If you looking for a camera to take lots of pictures between charges this one is not for you. Though i found out it recharges in about 30 mins from a complete dead state.

Portability
This camera is very portable. it small and can fit in a coat or pants pocket with out to much trouble.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

best camera I've ever owned

from Lansing, IL

Comments about Samsung - SL502 Digital Camera:

I've owned about 5 digital camera's so far. I have had Sony, Canon, and now a Samsung. The size and weight are minimal. This was by far the best in price and features. I bought it at walmart and it came with a 2gigabyte sd card. At 12.2 megapixels, there is not much more to ask for. I like the 5 times zoom. Most small digital cameras are only three or four. The smart feature makes taking pictures with this a breeze. There is not anyguessing as to what the best setting may be. The camera does all the work and the pictures come out great. My camera has been very heavily used with well over a thousand pictures taken so far. The only negative I have had is that sometimes the shutter does not open all the way (this has only been an intermittent issue that started recently). I have not had any problems with the battery holding a charge after all the use. It also charges very quickly so missing priceless moments with the kids is not a problem. Overall, this is a great camera at a great price. I would recommend this camera to my family and friends. In fact, my cousin bought the same camera after I did. Save yourself some time and money and buy one of these!

Samsung SL502 Digital Camera is a great pocket camera

from Wills Point, TX

Comments about Samsung - SL502 Digital Camera:

I already have a bigger digital camera and wanted one I could just stick in my purse and go, but it would be good enough that I count on it to still take good pictures with. I got it with camera.

The Samsung SL502 meets those requirements and more. It is small, about the size of a pack of cards. It came with a USB cord that you can charge in your computer or use the plug in part to plug into the wall, a case, a wrist strap and a 2GB memory card, which I replaced with an 8GB one.

It has a lot of good features, the best being the 'smart' which will detect what kind of picture you are taking and use the correct feature. You don't even have to think about it. My 10 year old can even use it and take perfect pictures.

I don't like the zoom on it but that's what I have the bigger digital camera for after all. I took it on vacation and got a lot of great pictures because the battery life is so long. Great little camera.