3.2
Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone

Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone

3.2

Its the bomb.

I have had a cell phone since 1993.  My 1st phone was a gift from my family and friends for my birthday.  It was the original Motorola flip phone.  I was given the phone because I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in February of that year.  I never know when an attack will set in, therefor a cell phone was an absolute neccessity.  Having a phone has saved me more than once. I can't even remeber how many phones that I have owned and I can honestly say that my Samsung has and is the easiest to use for me.  The clarity of the connection, the easy touch tone, the extra features are awesome.  I can use bluetooth, take pictures, record whatever and get on line without any problems.

This particular model is by far the best phone I have ever used.  It goes everywhere with me because I could fall anytime, anywhere.  The steam in the bathroom after and during my shower has not affected the phone at all.  I have dropped the phone dozens of times and it is still good as new.  It is simply put a great workhorse.  This phone knows my voice and actually dials the correct number when I say a name.  For me it is the very best phone on the market.

Not even worth 1 star!!!

i spent an hour and a half trying to get a new phone and samsung wouldn't give it to me!
-dropped calls
-failed calls before they even go...Read complete review

-failed calls before they even go through
-service randomly go out
-it randomly turns off and then back on
-when i turn it on it will freeze and just vibrate for like 5 min.s
-the screen went completely white and won't go back
-it is extremely slow
i've gone through 2 or 3 of these phones and they all did the same thing. i have friends who had this phone and theirs did the same thing. the people at samsung are rude and not helpful. they can't even replace your phone for you all they can do is repair it. i asked how long that would take and they said 12 to 14 business days. i said so i wouldnt have my phone fo 2 weeks and they said yeah unless you have a back up phone. do You Think I Would Be So Mad If I Had A Back Up Phone!!!
i told them their phone was a faulty product and the supervisor got very upset. he gave me the definition of a faulty product (which is thousands of phones breaking all over the country) i told him i knew of a lot and he said he only had a thousand listed. he said it was the phone companies fault for not reporting the broken phones. Maybe they should check up on them every once in a while. the packet they were suppose to email me about how to send my phone in never came. the information they gave me over the phone about how to send it in was contradicted by the audio they played after and another one of their employees. after all that i was left wit nothing else but frustration and then to top-it all off my phones screen went completely whit, so the only thing that it could do semi okay (Text) it could no longer do. Now it lives to tell me the time (but not the date because i had the front screen set wit a pic. of a heart and i cant change it back because i can't see the screen!!!)
All in all the phone sucks and so does the company that makes it

Very basic but does what is needed

from Warren, MI

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

Nothing about this phone is great or complicated which is exactly what I wanted in a 2nd phone at the time. If you talk a lot the battery life stinks but then again you're not draining power because data is constantly updating. Sure its internet capable on GPRS but this is extremely basic and is meant to be. The ringer volume isn't very loud, the speaker quality is not great but it seems to find signal better than my upgrade does. There are no games and the ringtones are basic. graphics are bad but hey its lightweight and durable. It has some organizer features which I like. All in all even though it has its problems I've switched my 2nd phone service from the upgraded phone back to this one. There is not a camera on this phone.

its decent overall, you just have to remember that this is not really a feature phone though it has features.

Voice Quality
voice quality is ok just it needs more volume

Battery Life
it could be better. If you try to use the GPRS a lot it will drain quick

light but solid

so basic its easier than using a cordless phone at home

small compact clamshell

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

It is a telephone for heaven sake!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

Phone should all be required to be hands free or not function. Phones are for making telephone calls, not texting, gaming or anything else while you are driving, or in a group of people. If you are that bored or can wait till you are not intruding on other peoples rights, GO HOME!

Can you tell that "stuff" bothers me?

A bit big, no special features, a good phone im just picky.

from Finksburg, MD

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

This phone is a bit larger than other phones but it is a flip phone which makes it better than some phones. It has nothing special about it.  It has no video but it does have a voice recorder which i personlly have never found of any use to me.  I dont like the way the buttons are set up because im used to pressing the middle button and getting the menu but now its the internet.  I dont like the outside of the phone because it has a very large screen but it does no good but show the time.  If a phone has that big of an outside LCD screen it should be able to show pictures! Also, everytime i see the cingular commercial the fewest dropped calls...i laugh...i drop calls almost everyday with cingular so i either feel bad that cingular is lying or i feel bad for everyone else who drops more calls!

I hate it! I can not hear on it.

from Spencer, WV

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

When I got this phone I thought it would be great.  I liked the slim design and it was small.  I have come to hate this phone.  I can not hear at all, and can not turn up the volume any more.  My hubby has one just like it and loves his, and has had no problems.  I am at the moment shopping for a new phone.

Samsung 417 is efficient and has excellent battery life

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

The Samsung 417 has lasted me 2 years and still running! It has all the basic features you need for someone who just needs the basics. If I were to upgrade to things like text and internet, it has all those features ready to use. The battery life with average phone use lasts at least 2-3 days!

incomparable

from Fajardo, PR

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

the  **Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone**  is an extraordinary cell for the price. easy to understand, handable and have more capacity than others cells. one thing that impress me is the camera that take picture with an unique quality

Hardy enough to live through being dropped on concrete

from Blaine, WA

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

I don't use this cell phone any more - the sound level could not be increased enough for me to hear in all situations.  But it survived being dropped on the tennis court and could last over a week on one charge if I was careful to keep my minutes down.

Compact and ready to use

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

I LOVED this phone. It was small and thin and was able to fit in my pocket without too much of a bulge. It was durable as I had dropped it many times. I would recommend it to everyone since I have never had a problem with it. I would still be using except the fact that I lost it. I would gladly get the same phone if I had the money. I bought it with rebate when I signed up.

Not even worth 1 star!!!

-when i turn it on it will freeze and just vibrate for like 5 min.s
-the screen went completely white and won't go back
-it is extremely slow
All in all the phone sucks and so does the company that makes it

Great phone for the everyday user.

from Parish, NY

Comments about Samsung - SGH-C417 Cell Phone:

I bought this phone in December 2006 as a special purchase with rebate when I signed another contract with Cingular(AT&T). I still have it today, it works well, and I text and talk on it daily. The battery life has been great so far, I can charge it up and it doesn't go dead for a few days. I enjoy the layout and the slim, simple design of the phone. It has a speakerphone, which is great, and a camera. One thing I don't like is the camera often gets turned on while the phone is in my purse or pocket and I then end up with many black pictures filling up the memory. My husband also had this same phone, however his completely died about six months after the purchase, but he does have a very dirty and physically demanding job, and the phone was always in his pocket getting banged up, which I think had a lot to do with the early demise, since mine so far has been wonderful. Overall, this is a great phone and I would reccomend it to anyone who is looking for a simple, fun gadget, without so many technical components.