3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Great camera

This product is inexpensive and a great quality camera. I've used this camera at indoor and outdoor events, weddings, and business events. The camera has a large range and takes great looking pictures. The USB connector makes importing pictures easy and videos are easy to upload to a computer. I've purchased many cameras before and the quality of this camera is just as good as more expensive, top brand models. I like the playback feature on this product that allows immediate review of film and pictures being taken. The lag time on the camera is minimal and the camera is incredibly easy to use. My pictures come out amazing and the colors are bright and crisp. My camera came with a warranty and I had a piece on the camera break off due to my fault and the warranty covered a replacement part immediately. The zoom on the camera is quick and accurate. I loved the color options of this model and the electronics store I bought it from had three colors to choose from. The camera is small and compact, but not fragile. I love that I am able to hide away in my purse or attach to my lanyard. This is a great model for beginners and does not come with all the confusing settings that other cameras have. My children love using this product. My only complaint about this product is that the battery life is not very long, I have to make sure to bring my charging cable with me and keep it plugged in when not using. On average, it can last about 2 hours while in use without needing to be charged. The amount of pictures that the camera can hold is impressive especially for its compact size. I would recommend this product to people for casual photography, but probably not for more formal events. I've been very happy with this product so far, and I've been able to find some accessories online cheaper than in stores.

There's a reason Samsung's not known for Cameras.

Samsung has never been known for making cameras, and there is probably a pretty good reason for that. Certainly the Samsung S860 8MP 2.4" LCD Digital Camera does absolutely nothing to shore up that poor reputation. With the exception of a large LCD screen on the back on this digital camera, it is safe to say that Samsung cameras deserve and have earned their position in the "Sucky" category of digital cameras.The Samsung S860 8MP 2.4" LCD Digital Camera still runs off 2 AA batteries, which means you have to carry about twenty extras with you if you're going to Disneyland for the day. It also has a most unimpressive 3X zoom, which is just a little better than taking three steps closer to the object you're trying to photograph. Dim light? Forget it, unless you're trying to purposely take blurry pictures in which case this is a great camera for you.Let's just all agree that the Samsung S860 8MP 2.4" LCD Digital Camera is bad. Not like Hitler bad, but more like fruitcake bad. After all, I'm not here to imply that the Samsung S860 8MP 2.4" LCD Digital Camera is evil. It might be, but I'm neither an old priest nor a young priest, so I'm not qualified to judge it's soul. Look, all I know is I think you should spend your money on a Kodak or Cannon camera.Jeeze, why does everything have to come down to good or evil with you people?

Great camera

from TX

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast/accurate auto-focus
  • Good Image Quality
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • Good in Low Light
  • Great Zoom
  • Nice Body Color
  • Short Lag Time
  • Small / Compact

Cons

• Short Battery Life

• Family Photos

• Was this a gift?:

A perfect pink camera

from Statesboro, GA

Comments about Samsung - S860 Digital Camera:

Hands-down Samsung has some of the best products out there and this camera is no exception. I needed something small and I love the fact that this camera was pink. I'd rather reviews online and others had said that it was good on the go and it took good video. I have two young girls and I always like taking videohowever it is hard to always be carrying around a pokey video camera so it's nice to have a camera that can also serve as a video camera. Another great thing is his video camera tapes in AVI mode instead of Mov mode which is the difference between apple computers and windows computers.

Image Quality
The image quality is great the pictures are very clear and crisp. The quality is just as good if the children are on the go as if they are sitting still.

This camera performs great!

You have to play a little bit with the modes to get used to how to use it.

Battery Life
The battery has a decent life. When I'm taking pictures at last much longer than if I am videoing.

Portability
This camera is small and portable to take on the go. It helps me a lot being so portable using it as a video camera.

Great pictures

Comments about Samsung - S860 Digital Camera:

I bought this little camera as my first personally owned camera. I was not looking for anything too expensive or fancy I just wanted something to take pictures of myself and friends. It is very lightweight and easy to carry around in a pocket or purse. It held up extremely well despite being dropped a few too many times during fun outings at night. It has a great display and easy to surf menu. There are many features that are easy to access and use and much more than an average family photo taker would probably use anyways. This makes it a great camera for either the amateur photographer or a more experienced one. The button to snap the pictures is easy to press and does not need to be held down for a long time. This is a great, affordable camera that gives you quality pictures. I would recommend.

This camera has held up extremely well despite being dropped and handled carelessly. It has only minor scratches and no damage to the screen.

Battery Life
Battery lasts a long time once fully charged due to the power saving feature.

Portability
So easy to carry around and is lightweight.

Great cheap camera.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Samsung - S860 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera when I was in need of a new cheap digital camera. I have a big expensive DSLR camera that I love a lot, but it is very large with the lenses on it and I wanted something that was small and compact that I could leave in my car so that I could pull it out and take pictures really fast at any moment when my kids did something that I wanted to capture a picture for a memory. This camera is great for just taking picture, it has a great LCD screen on it so that you can see the picture that you are taking and it is very good quality. The images actually come out very crisp and clean looking and you do not have anything blurred, even if you are taking pictures on the move. This camera is so easy to use and actually has quite a few options on it for shutter speed, different light sources, and if you want the flash on or not. It auto-adjusts to whatever you are zooming in on and you can also adjust yourself. It is a very nice camera is a great price range for someone looking for something that will do the job and take very nice pictures.

affordable for simple pictures

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Samsung - S860 Digital Camera:

I am not a professional photographer. For my simple purpose of capturing family memories and sharing them with friends and other family, this camera rocks! Pictures are clear to my liking and the display on the camera is great. Pictures show up right away and you can edit them on your camera, before putting them on the computer. It is easy to transfer pictures from the camera onto your computer, simply by using the cord it comes with. The camera holds a battery for a long time, and it lasts me at least all day in the sun on the beach with the display light turned all the way up. I simply charge the camera battery the day before and then it lasts at least all day.

It is easy enough to use that my kids can do it. They enjoy taking pictures of each other and showing them to their friends on the display screen. I have an easy time locating my previous pictures and editing them with just one button. It is very self explanatory and easy to use without reading any instructions.

This camera has been dropped by my kids and it still works great and shows little wear or scratches (surprising since my kids are a young age and drop it quite frequently!)

• Portability:

Not a great digital camera

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Samsung - S860 Digital Camera:

I recently purchased the Samsung s860 digital camera and ended up returning it about three weeks later. I have a larger camera, but I was looking for something a little smaller and easier to carry around with me for vacations or family outtings. I bought this camera after reviewing the information about the camera which seemed good because it offered three times more of a zoom with great clarity. It was a pretty decent price. I wasn't super happy with the size of the screen itself, but I figured I could live with the screen being smaller than I wanted. The first time I used it, it was very difficult to figure out, even with the booklet. I noticed the first real problem when I turned the red eye off and took a picture, it kept coming out fuzzy. Then when I took a picture in daytime mode without the flash, it was extremely dark. It didn't seem to be working so I tried it a few more times with no better luck. I then seem some reviews about the camera with a lot of other complaints of almost everything mine had. I returned the camera and was then in search of a new one. It was a waste of time and they shouldn't put on the package something the camera can do that it can't. Not recommending this to anyone.

Samsung camera - good camera

Comments about Samsung - S860 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera for Christmas a few years ago because it was on sale and was a great price for it. It takes really good and clear pictures. I bought this camera, because I wanted something that was basic and small and I could easily carry in my purse. It is very easy to learn how to use, and I never even read the instruction manual, I just figured everything out on my own as I used it. If you are a beginner or expert photographer, this camera is great. I like how it has the video option as well, so you can take some videos as well as pictures. I also use the adapter cable it came with to plug in to my computer so I can easily upload the pictures and videos.

Image Quality
Very good quality and clear pictures on this camera.

It is very easy to use.

It is very durable. I have actually dropped mine a few times, and nothing happened to it besides a couple of scratches.

Battery Life
The battery life is great on this camera. I can easily use it for at least three or four days before I have to charge it again.

• Portability:

Little camera takes great images

Comments about Samsung - S860 Digital Camera:

The Samsung S860 Digital Camera is able to record short videos, take good quality photos, takes the SD cards and both short movies and photos can be transferred onto the computer as it comes with a USB transfer cable. The only problems I found using my Samsung S860 were that I had delay in focusing and had a problem once or twice with playing the videos I recorded from the camera. But other than that the Samsung S860 is simple and easy to use and offers macro function which is excellent to use for outdoor close ups. It's a great affordable camera, compact in size so it can fit in your bag so you can use it whenever you want to take a photo and not miss the family moment or nature, offers fairly good features and takes good clear pictures. So overall I am impressed with the Samsung S860 and would recommend it as Samsung is a well-known brand and they present affordability of their products, especially since this camera was a bargain when I bought it.

• Portability:

A lot of money for a little camera that won't work.

from Portsmouth, OH

Samsung - S860 Digital Camera

I bought this camera in pink and was so excited to get it.  The first few times that I used it, the camera worked great after that it only worked when it wanted to.  The flash didnt work, the lens wouldn't retract half the time and when you turned it on the service message popped up and the camera went off.  I called Wal-Mart, but since I didnt have the reciept they couldn't do anything.  When I tried to call the company, there was no answer and no response at the website either.  When the camera did work, it took bad pictures.  Either they were too dark or too light.  Some didnt show up at all.  The batteries only last through a few uses and I had to buy new ones.  When hooked up to the computer, the computer couldn't find it to transfer the pictures off of it.  About the only good thing I could say about it was that the color was nice and it was small and compact.  I guess you get what you pay for and should have spent themoney on a better brand.  I have warned all my friends about this camera so they don't get burned like I did.

Digital Camera

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Samsung - S860 Digital Camera:

This Samsung S860 Digital Camera is a great little camera to have . The features that comes on this little digital camera a red eye reduction and the image stabilization a nice lcd panel with optical view finder and also this camera comes in all different colors like blue , silver , pink , silver , black and many more different colors to choose from which i love because you can be able to choose your favorite color that you love for you camera . This camera is so small and very light weight which is another great thing about this camera that which is another pro (meaning a good thing) about this . I have never had any trouble with this great little small camera , this camera can fit for all of your camera needs and wants with this awesome camera . This is great for anyone to have it's everything you ever want and need in a camera so i would definitely reccommend this camera to everyone .