4.1
Samsung - S630 Digital Camera

Samsung - S630 Digital Camera

4.1

Samsung S630 is my Fav Travel Camera

I love my Samsung S630 Digital Camera. I loved mine so much I bought my parents one also. It is a great camera and easy to use. My family travels alot and often need to quickly capture the moment. This is the perfect camera because it is small but not too small. I have had a smaller more expensive camera before that was great but honestly it was so small I lost it. I was devastated!! It was so compact that I often forgot I had it and would misplace it or leave it. I do not have that problem with the Samsung S630. The reason I decided to buy my parents one is because it was simple to use as they are not techies at all. They are the kind of people you have to push into a new age and then set up everything and explain **every** time they need to use it. But with this camera they both took to it like a duck to water and now take it on every trip with no problem. They can easily switch between the cameral function and camcorder with just a click of the dial. The playback function is easily identifiable. You don't have to decode anything like with some high tech cameras. The most used functions have visuals for quicker use. It takes great photos. It has 6.0 megapixels, 3x zoom and 2.4 large LCD screen. I can not say enough good things about this camera. I personally have dropped mine a few times and it is still kicking 3 years strong. I'm a bargain hunter so I'll use it until the buttons pop off and the way it's holding up it may be a lonnngggg time!

Don't look for perfection considering the price.

Granted, the price was pretty nice (a little over 100 at the time on sale). But I would expect clear sharp pictures from a camera the has nearly twice the megapixels of the one I gave away which we were quite happy with by the way. We purchased this camera (in silver and one in green for our daughter) as a replacement to a 3.2 megapixel Canon S series camera. I'm still kicking myself for letting my son have that little Elph. The Samsung S630 boasts a higher megapixel per frame and for all it's worth; while having similar features, it just doesn't measure up to the point and shoot great pictures you expect from a digital camera.You definitely need to read the instructions to get the most from this camera. There are some very "cool" photo editing tools built in that will add humor, or allow you to make a good shot a better one. But a grainy picture just can't be cleared up, and nearly all of ours despite hours of playing with the settings; whether auto vs. manual, are leaving us disappointed in the camera, and certainly putting a wet towlette on memorable situations. My daughter has mastered her camera somewhat and is getting decent pictures on most of her outings with friends and church youth events.Warning!: These cameras eat batteries. I mean EAT them so that you should take a 20 pack of your freshest Duracells or Everreadys on an outing for the day. My daughter's "green" thing, is constantly having to replace the batteries. Also: when done for the day, take them out of the camera. We can't "prove" it drains them while in the off position, but we've not gotten much use a few days later from new batteries we left in the camera when we were done.The ability to put in a media card and transfer photos quickly to a media ready printer or computer is a big plus with this camera. Unlike computers, microwaves, and other technological advances, digital cameras haven't made much progress on the "less is more" road. You seriously get what you pay for with this little Samsung S630. I wouldn't recommend this camera to anyone except maybe the battery companies who need something to test out their latest batch of AAs.

Good Camera with Good Features and Price also

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

I owned this camera since 2007, i bought it from singapore at first i even dont know the features later on known the features by user guide, i am much more satisfied with this camera but drawback is with the batteries, but still the camera is in good condition

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Easy and efficient photographs.

from Corinth, ME

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

The Samsung S630 is really a great camera for someone looking for something that's not enormous, that takes quality photographs and is easy to use.  This camera has an extremely helpful, printed user's manual that comes with it.  It also comes in a variety of colors, to suit the owners personality. It has an automatic setting and a manual setting, so if you're unsure of how to really use the camera, you can go for the automatic setting and if you're more experienced you can set some of your own settings.  It has the option to add cute little graphics to your photos, right in the camera.  The screen is rather large and sucks up a lot of battery power and I would strongly suggest buying rechargable batteries, if you do decided that this camera is for you.

Don't look for perfection considering the price.

from 631472211

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

The easiest digital camera that I have ever owned.

from Verden, OK

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

This is the 3rd camera I have owned and of the three, this is by far the easiest to use. You can edit your pictures on the camera itself before you transfer them to your computer. Close ups or cropped pictures are now as easy as one, two, three!! The self timer has 3 settings: 2 seconds, ten seconds and double picture mode! YES! Two pictures on the self timer! If you mess up the first self timer picture you have approximately 10 seconds to adjust yourself or your position before the camera takes another shot. There are 10 different actual camera settings on the dial on top of the camera, including auto, which sets up the flash and settings as needed . I like to leave it on this setting. Its one of those fool proof things, if youre not sure- leave it to its own. It also has the ability to take short video clips. I tried that function but the lighting was bad and i couldn't hear any sound from the clip - I dont suggest this setting, it doesnt take very clear video at all. It has several different size( pixel setting) the largest being 6.o mega pixel all the way down to one mega pixel pictures. I keep mine set at 3 mega pixels because it seems to be a good all purpose, indoor-outdoor setting.

Best camera I have ever owned

from Lake Wales, FL

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

I just want to say I have had the Samsung camera for months now and I do not regret buying it. I have took I bet over 1,000 photos with it and it takes the best pictures. I have taken night time pictures with it and it will say low light but still will produce the best pictures. We went out one night and no one else camera would work at night but mine. I have even gotten photos blown up to 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 and it still produced just as good as a 4 x 6. I even talking my husband into getting one as well. This is the best camera I have ever owned and I will tell anyone get this camera you will not regret it.

Good value for the money

from Lamar, CO

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

For the cost of this digital camera you get a lot of camera...It comes with a pretty good sized digital screen and takes some awesome close up pictures....You will find that it has plenty of zoom and you will not go wrong with this camera...It takes standard SD cards so you will be able to save plenty of pictures....the software that comes with it is easy to use....

great camera, great features!

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

This is a great camera! 6.0 Megapixels!   lots of options!  Many features! ASR, AUTO Focus, Movie, Nightscene, PortraitScene, and Manuel!Change the tint, red blue green, sepia, and Black and White!  Automatically turns off, by timer!  Zooms, and Crops!  Wonderful Resolution!  Great camera for a beginner, or Professional!

Cheap but battery life is a real issue.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

We were looking for a inexpensive digital camera.  This one seemed to fit the bill.  Overall its not a bad little camera but the battery life is a real problem.  Make sure you buy rechargable batteries or you will spend a fortune on batteries.

Good Value

from Austin, TX

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

I would recommend this camera only if someone wanted to spend about 100 bucks for a camera. It's not a bad camera, picture quality is good. The battery life sucks. I took about 10 pictures with the batteries that came included witht the camer and then I started getting the low battery message. I was looking at other user reviews on a difrent site and I saw that quite a few people complained about battery life. I ended up returning the camera.

An excellent camera at a low price!

from Lynbrook, NY

Comments about Samsung - S630 Digital Camera:

The camera has a lot of features; I haven't discovered all of them, as the full manual is only on the CD that the camera came with. It really does need a printed manual!! Other than that, I've been very happy with it. It has a 3x optical zoom and a 5x digital, although the 3x by itself is almost always enough. But one of the greatest features is that you can create audio in 3 different ways--as part of a video clip, on its own, or as a "caption" on a photo (never forget where you took that odd photo again!).

As with all digital cameras, you need a large SD card if you plan on taking video clips. I would suggest at least 1 gig (unless you only plan to take small photos). The camera comes with a tiny amount of built-in memory--enough to take about 40 small photos, but you'll run out quickly with larger photos or audio or video.