View more cell phones

Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone

Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone

3.9

I LOVE MY SAMSUNG ROUGE

I upgraded my phone from the LGnv2 in September to the Samsung Rouge. I went in intending to upgrade to either the LGnv3 or LGnvTouch, but didn't like either as much as I liked the Samsung Rouge. This phone is completely awesome. It has a nice big front display with a slide-out qwerty keyboard. You can call, text or do nearly everything with the slider closed or open. It has a motion sensor in it that detect when you move the phone, one way this feature can be used is if you have your phone laying on a surface and it starts to go off (message, ringing, alarm, etc.) all you have to do is flip the phone over and it immediately silences it. It has a shortcut tab on the home screen that gives to easy access to a few of the main features or programs in the phone, or quick links to web pages. Example of this is with one touch u can open a browser window fro Facebook, Myspace, youtube, or your Verizon Account. It has a nice lick feature that works better than a lot of other touch screen, where as a lot of people I have heard complain about their phone going dead because it was in their pocket and the screen would never go off, I have yet to ever have this happen. I have longer nails and I can use the touch screen with my nail tips, whereas many other touchscreens go from the heat sensor, I like the fact that I don't have to worry about not being able to use my touchscreen just because of have nails, or not being able to have longer nails to use my touchscreen. The phone has a camera with picture and video modes. And with both modes you have two options; taking pictures or videos to save or send. There are several frames and effects in the camera mode, and the camera has a flash. The phone has aspeed dialing, all you do is go into ur dialing pad and press and hold the number for the speed dial and it dials the number set to that speed dial very easily. It has a nice calculator and wonderful calender. It cam with demo games; Tetris, Resident Evil, and Need for Speed. It also has a Dice app on it that I think is super cool, because of the motion sensor in it, the dice app is an application that is simply two dice on the screen and you just shake the phone to roll the dice, it's really cool to me, guess I'm easily entertained, lol. It has a pretty decent built in memory, and also has a mini SD memory card slot, so the memory capabilities are pretty much limitless depending on what size of external memory card you are willing to buy (it does not come with a card). It has a great battery life, I can go for usually 2-3 days without needing to put it on the charger and I am constantly sending and receiving text and have polyphonic ringotnes (which use more battery power) but I still keep a decent charge. I just think this is the best phone I have had yet, and if they come out with a second version of this and it has all these features plus new ones, you better believe I would be looking to upgrade. I love my Samsung Rouge. I think the only issue I sometimes have with the phone (not often) is it will freeze and lock up on me sometimes, requiring me to have to take out my battery to reset it, then it's fine, other than that NO ISSUES, OVERALL, it's an ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL PHONE!!!!!

The Samsung Rogue is not all it's hyped up to be.

At first glance, the Samsung Rogue looked like the perfect upgrade phone for me. It's not that I dislike it all that much; but the Rogue has its imperfections that took some getting used to. For example, the music player. Now, I'm not a huge fan of playing music on my cellular phone -I believe that is what I bought my iPod for- but I like to be able to have a song or two on-hand. The Rogue uses Verizon V-Cast, which plays nicely I imagine, but it was a pain in my neck that I could not "minimize" my music player to the home screen in order to have music playing while texting, checking messages, etc. But alas, the Samsung Rogue with VCast does NOT offer that feature. Oh well, I figure that's an easy thing to get over. Another issue I've had with my Rogue is random shut down. Now I know my way around a fair share of cellular phones, but I'm no expert, so I have absolutely no idea why my phone would suddenly decide to shut off while I'm surfing the web with the browser. Nevertheless, it happens. I try to convince myself that it's just a man-made machine and there are bound to be mistakes and problems, but boy, it is ever difficult to ignore them ! One last thing that puts me in a bad mood is finding out that my phone is going to be discontinued; now I know for certain that I spent a lot of my hard-earned and long-saved-for college savings on a cellular phone that is going to need an upgrade sooner than my old razr did ! Ahh, se la vie !

SCH-U960 is a great touch screen w/keyboard phone

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

I fell in love with touch screen after playing with this phone in a verizon store.  I was looking at a few other touch screens but their downfall was their touch screen keyboards.  I played with a few of the touch screen keyboards but I found them harder to use; had to touch letter multiple times or touch it in an exact spot or get the letter next to it.

I like the size, it's a little bigger than my previous phones but with all the features it offers it's worth it.  I like how the keyboard just slides out the side, Ive never had any trouble with that. I also like how it's not too bulky, I think its closer to the slim side. I like that you can use a regular headphone set with this phone, my previous phones needed to have only the one that came with or  a special one that usually was so expensive.

Samsung Rogue, a very decent phone

from Clinton Township, MI

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

So far, my experience with the Samsung Rogue has been pretty good. I originally purchased one, and only two weeks later, it was shutting off compulsively. I took it back to Verizon to ask if the Rogue were seriously this bad, but they said they had never seen that before and were very willing to give me a new one. This is the only reason the Rogue slightly scares me because I'm not quite sure if this is actually a common fault with the phone or if it honestly were just a fluke with my own.

Upon getting the second Rogue, though, I've had no problems, and it's worked quite well. The keyboard is great and easy for texting, and the touchscreen works fine. I've accidentally dropped it once or twice, and nothing was harmed in that, so I'd say it's also decently durable. Another awesome factor is the internet. It's great to be able to go online just to check something quickly on the go. It's a great feature that's easy to use, and the internet doesn't lag at all.

In essence, it's a great phone.

I love this phone!!!!

from Arcanum, OH

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

I absolutely love my phone.  When I first got my phone, I was a little overwhelmed due to the fact that I was so used to a basic phone.  The longer I have my phone, the more I love about it.  I find new features all the time.  And the durability is great.

My phone and I are accident prone, it has withstood being dropped, played with by my kids and even dropped in the toilet.  I thought my phone was done for after dropping it in water, the screen was all flickery and fading in and out, and it sounded horrible, but I put it in a bag of rice for a few days, and you would never know.  The touchscreen and everything work.

Just recently I learned that it can be used as a modem by teethering it to your computer to get internet. I am excited to try it.  I love the screen size and the touchscreen with the slideout keyboard.  The buttons are not too tiny, and it is easy to use. It is also very fast and doesn't hesitate.   I also love that it gets extremely good reception and has tuns of features for such a small phone.  It stores MP3s, is a modem, has apps built in, and does all the things a normal phone does. I love my phone.

The Rogue is not that rugged

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

Overall I like the Samsung Rogue.  It allows me to receive my email, it has a slide out qwerty keyboard, and it has the touchscreen feature that I wanted.  At times the touchscreen doesn't work as well as it should.  You have to push on it a little to make it work.  It has all of the basic features you expect from a cell phone. The speakerphone is nice and loud which is great considering most phones have crappy speakerphones.  It comes with a cool dice game where you shake the phone to roll the dice and the phone vibrates and makes noise.  My kids love this game it keeps them busy when in need.  However, it is a little too bulky and I don't like that you can't do several things at once.  An example would be talking on the phone and looking up your calendar.  This would be a very needed feature that should be added.  One thing to note is this phone is notorious for having problems.  Most everyone I know that has one has owned several due to malfunctioning issues.  Samsung happily replaces your phone with another since it is usually still under warrenty when something happens.

Samsung Rogue

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

The Samsung Rogue was the first 'smart phone' for my husband and I. We do not regret this decision at all!

The keyboard is great for texting quickly. My husband typically complains about not being able to text on most phones because of how the buttons are...but he says that this phone makes it very easy. I love the feature that you can have your texts sort by conversation. It makes it very nice when someone doesn't text you back right away - you know what they are talking about!

The camera is not bad. If I wanted a high resolution photo, I would use my nice camera. The only complaint about the camera is that it takes FOREVER to take a picture. It makes it very hard to take a picture of anything that has the potential to move!  :)

The sound quality is great. I sometimes [but rarely] get an echo in the earpiece. But, I believe it's more of a connection thing. If I hang up and call someone back, it usually is not there any more.

We need access to email for work, and this phone does the trick! The email doesn't forward to the phone instantly - sometimes there's a 15 minute or so delay, but that is okay with me.

My husband loves his phone!

from Marion, IA

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

My husband has had this phone for a year now and he really likes it. This is his first smart phone and he has to admit he doesn't use the "smart" part of it very often. It's not difficult to use to get on the internet but it's tedious to navigate the sites with such a small screen. He likes being able to have all his text message conversations together -he doesn't have to go between his sent file and inbox to read past messages and his responses. The camera works well - he's used it a lot. It has a light that works like a flash and that's helpful in low light situations. He hasn't taken much video but likes the fact that he can if he chose to. The touch screen works pretty well - he hasn't had any problems with it. He's also been very happy with the voice quality. He hasn't experienced any dropped calls. He purchased a hard body glove cover for it and it's been protected from scratches or other damage. He likes the QWERTY keyboard a lot and texts a lot now. Oh, and kids think the dice game included on it is awesome!

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

love my phone

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

I love my Samsung Rogue cell phone. We bought our first one for our daughter for a christmas present and while playing with it to set it up for her, I fell in love with this phone. Needless to say I had my own within a month! This phone has everything- touch screen with a slide out keyboard for texting. It also is a still shot camera and a video recorder. I will say that the still shots do  come out great, however the video quality is not the best, but for a "tween" this was just fine. It also has lots of ways to customize your phone to have it just like you want it. It also easily connects online to facebook, or just to check your e-mail account. The quality of the touchscreen is awesome as well. I also like that the contacts feature is so personalized, as you can put all their information like address, date of birth, all  phone numbers not just one and a picture as well, so it doubles for my new address book.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

I like the Samsung Rogue very much.

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

This is a great little phone. It takes nice pictures. It has a very big screen. It has mobile web and a querty slide open full keyboard. Also mini sd compartment. There are a lot of different cases available for this phone too, which is fun. I would definitely recommend this phone.

Samsung Rogue "What a great phone!"

from Elmwood Park, IL

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

The Samsung Rogue is so far the best phone I've had. It's simple, lightweight, and durable. What I really love about this phone is the QWERTY keyboard. The keyboard is really easy to use and is meant for people who like to text or fast texters. The only downsides to this phone are that sometimes it freezes if you try to do too many things at once and that it will reset on it's own. Other than that, it's a pretty great phone. I recommend this phone to people who like simple phones and that text a lot.

The Samsung Rogue is ok

from Sandy, UT

Comments about Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 Cell Phone:

When I first got this phone I loved it. It was my first smartphone with internet and other new functions and compared to what I was previously using it is great. However, there are several things I've since realized that this phone lacks. My number one complaint is that you can't download or add applications like you can to the iphone or android phones. Also, I've had problems with it occasionally freezing or turning off on me and I have to reset it by pulling the battery out. I also don't like that the volume of the speakerphone is really quiet so I am rarely able to use the speakerphone if I'm somewhere with background noise (like in the car, around my kids, etc). But overall it's a decent phone and I do like the keyboard feature.