View more cell phones

SPH-M560
Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone

Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone

3.8

Samsung reclaim-Great phone, great price!

At first I wasn't sure I'd like this phone. It looks nice, but the buttons looked really tiny. I wasn't sure what my big fingers were gonna hit and who'd I'd have to apoligize to. I got my phone in the mail and was really surprised. Not only did the phone look nice, it was lightweight as well. There's nothing I hate more than my cell phone being so heavy, I feel like I'm carrying a clunky cordless phone. The buttons aren't really as small as they look in pictures. It took some time to get used to, but I was texting like a pro thanks to the handy keyboard. The buttons add when you hit them, and don't stick or need to be pushed really hard. The reclaim makes texting a breeze!

The call quality and the speakerphone are fantastic! I honestly feel like I'm talking to the person next to me, not like I'm talking to someone in the bottom of a well.

I love that the reclaim has a micro SD slot so I can take my family with me, even when I'm not home. Consider the Reclaim next time you need a phone, you won't be sorry. This phone is truly a great value and will last you!

The reclaim is limited, but worth the price.

I've had my samsung reclaim for about 4 months now. The first thing I noticed about the phone is the screen is quite large for a non smartphone, which I liked. The buttons are quite small, so it took me awhile to adjust to that from my other 9-key flip phone. It is very cute, and the web works generally well. However, I am dissapointed with a few key points. First is youtube, the video is quite small, and freezes up alot. You can not pause the video, or go back or forward in the video. Also, if you are texted during a video, you're screwed, basically, because you can not resume it, you must restart it. Also, the phone randomly freezes up while sending a text. The text will not send, and when you try and cancel it, the whole phone freezes up and if you're lucky, you can just turn off the phone and turn it back on. However, a few times I have had to remove the battery. Even once, removing the battery didn't work, and even after the battery was out, the screen was still on! Expect this difficulty atleast 2-3 times a day if you're an avid texter. If it's a long message, save it before you try and send it, just in case! Also, take care of the screen, because it does tend to scratch easily.

There are some good things though. It has music playing capabilities, and sprint TV (if you have web service). Also, the camera quality is fantastic, in direct sunlight. However in lower light settings the camera seems just mediocre. You can download pictures onto your memory card and use them as wallpapers/picture ID for people. One of my favorite things to do though, is use a .gif as a picture ID.. I have a facepalming one for when my ex calls ;)

To sum it up, there's not much complaining you can do as the phone is free off of the sprint website. However, it's obvious there's a reason it's free. Worth the price (haha), but don't expect anything magical.

For the Environmentally Minded

from Peru, IN

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

In the 1 1/2 years that I've had my Reclaim, it has dropped down a flight of stairs, fallen out of my pocket while running and slipped into a cup of old coffee. After withstanding such abuse, my phone has finally called it quits - I can't make phone calls anymore unless I want to make it on speakerphone and the camera always comes up with "camera error". I would have liked for the phone to last a little bit longer, but I can't complain too much. All-in-all, it wasn't such a bad little phone, not significantly better or worse than any other phone in its class. Its main draw is going to be its environmental side, which is why I bought it. My friends called it my "Earth Day" phone. Even when my Reclaim was messing up, I could comfort myself in the knowledge that my phone was less damaging to the environment than the iPhone being used successfully by the person next to me. Not terribly comforting, but comforting nonetheless. Is my replacement phone an iPhone? I'll never tell.

Reclaim Life

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

I love this little phone. It suits part of my lifestyle to a tee. I believe in recycling and trying to make our environment a better place. It also takes great pictures, better than my camera. I use this phone for business and it works great!!

User Friendly

from Dearborn Heights, MI

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

The Querty keyword is awesome and convient. The menu options are laid out nicely so that even the most tech challenged person could figure it out. It is durable also because I have dropped it numerous times over the past year and it is still going strong with no problems. The camera on this phone takes pretty good pictures also.

Can't stand my Samsung Reclaim!

from Lees Summit, MO

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

I have only had this phone for about 8 months and I HATE it! I originally had a purple Lotus and it was stolen. I needed a replacement phone but didn't want to spend a lot out of pocket because I am due for an upgrade in April. I researched and decided on the Reclaim because it had the same interface as the Lotus. I figured that since the interface was the same, it would pretty much be the same phone quality... WRONG! This phone is slow. It can't keep up with me when I am texting and I don't even text that fast! It freezes constantly so I am frequently having to do a hard reboot of my phone. It is near impossible to use the internet on it. The email works ok but only shows the last 20 or so emails with no way to retrieve additional ones. Overall, lets just say I am counting down the days until my free upgrade!

Great Phone

from Cedar Rapids, IA

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

At first, I hated this phone and wanted to switch, but after a few weeks, it grew on me. I was impressed by its eco-friendly design and background (as well as the actual color: green!) but when I got the phone I just couldn't get into it. Keep in mind that I had never had a QWERTY keypad before and that was mostly the issue for me at first because texting was actually more difficult. After I got used to that, it's been smooth sailing. I figured out how to make my own ringtones, which I love and the battery life is AMAZING on this phone--better than any phone I've ever had. There are many great features on this phone, including the ability to personalize the menu, easy speaker phone turn on, easy to use camera (although, no zoom, unfortunately). It can hold up to 600 contacts and a lot of text messages--trust me, I rarely delete them! I also feel like the keypad is actually better than other QWERTY keypads I've encountered using other people's phones.

Decent phone if you're not into the latest smartphones.

from San Leandro, CA

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

From what I know, this is a phone exclusive to Sprint. I got this for free by renewing a 2 year contract with Sprint and I have to say I was content on what I got. What really drove me in choosing this phone is the phone's claim to be "eco-friendly" and the first cellphone made out of corn! Though this is a seemingly useless feat, the cellphone had all the features I wanted.

- It has a qwerty keyboard, though a bit small which makes it hard or troublesome to text if you have big fingers.

- Internet connectivity (wireless data plan needed)

- Shortcuts to most needed apps such as facebook, gmail, and contacts.

- Built-in mp3 player (mini-sd card needed which is very convenient since you can increase the storage size if you feel the need to have more songs in your cellphone)

- My most favorite of all: headphones/earphones compatible headset so I do not have to buy a separate 3.5mm headset for a specific phone.

- Bluetooth compatibility

- Voice command

I have a few complaints about this cellphone though:

- It is somewhat laggy to navigate through the menus and contacts (I believe it is only mines, because my girlfriend did not have the same problem.)

- The mp3 menu and playlist-maker interface is not the most convenient and have a lot of room for improvement.

- My up and down navigation buttons does not work if my cell phone is slid up. (happened after I dropped the cellphone a couple of times.)

- Small buttons mentioned above.

An OK Phone!

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

The Samsung Reclaim is a really good phone. There are good things about it and there are bad things about it. One good thing is that it is reasonably priced. It also comes with a camera and a camcorder which both work great. It has a slide out QWERTY keyboard. There is a downside to the keyboard though. The buttons are extremely small. Some of the button overtime might not respond and you have to push them extra hard. Thats bad when you are text and then when you go to send your text you see that you mispelled a word and you have to go back to that word and fix it. It also has a very good speaker. The speaker can go really loud and not affect the clarity of the sound. It also has a big light that flashes when you have a call or you recieved a text. It also can call make a call on accident (butt dialing). One other thing that is bad is all the ringtones that come with it are mostly ones about nature. Overall this phone is ok it has its upsides and its downsides.

Cute and sleek, but a bit TOO small!

from Spring, TX

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

So, I've had this phone for about eight months or so. It's been a mildly enjoyable experience, to say the least. To start off, right out of the box you are greeted with a few useful pre-installed applications. Standard facebook, twitter, myspace, on it's patented Sprint one-click wheel. The wheel takes perhaps a week to fully get used to, but once you do, the applications are fairly useable--even considering that this is NOT a smartphone we are dealing with.

Yet, here is where the mild complaints begin. The phone is relatively slow and laggy. Click the physical wheel? About half a second later it responds on the screen. It maybe faster or slower than this, but I definitely wouldn't trust it to be able to update your twitter in under 30 seconds.

While the phone has a pleasant shape to hold and fits in the pocket easily, it is also quite slippery and a bit TOO small in terms of general design. This also, as you migh timagine by seeing images, severely reduces screen size and resolution.

Overall, however, it is quite INDESTRUCTABLE (physically) as I've dropped this more times than I could imagine counting. But this is partly because of how slippery it really is. A final thing to note is the size of the keys. I am a slender-fingered female, and yet it's hard for even me to hit the right keys--even after having gotten used to it.

It's a good choice if you're looking for a non-smart phone, and willing to deal with the setbacks; small keyboard, slowness, and general minature form factor.

Easy to Use

from Mountain View, CA

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

As an environmental person who loves the color green, I was very happy when I found a phone that was my favorite color and 80% recyclable.  I liked the wide screen and the easy user interface as well as the unique look.  People are always asking to look at my phone because of its unique look.  It is not too big either, and can fit easily in your pocket.  The calendar is also very useful, and I like how the names of people on your contact list expand so to make it easier to look at.  I especially liked the fairly long battery life.  I could go a week (with a minimal amount of calls) without having to charge it.  The ring tones were also a nice deviation from normal ones and were nice to listen too, and I liked how they were nature themed.  One thing I disliked, however, is the phone lock.  You have to go through three or four different menus to get to the lock function and they don't tell you the number lock when you first get the phone (it's the last four digits of your phone number).  I also found the QWERTY keys are pretty small and I often find myself hitting two keys at a time.  This phone is definitely not for people with big fingers.

Samsung Reclaim is average among cell phones

from Hurricane, UT

Comments about Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone:

I have had the Samsung REclaim for a little over a year now.  It is just average, I wouldn't say it is a bad phone at all but it's not all that impressive.  The price was right, as I got it for free through my cell phone company for signing another 2 year contract, I don't think it is worth paying much for though.  The buttons are so close together it is hard to get used to and I very often have to backspace because I have bumped the wrong number/letter.  I hate how it doesn't have the tradtional letters on each number since some companies have phone numbers advertised that are like 555-DISH or something and then I have to try and figure out what numbers those letters are supposed to be.  It does serve it's purpose though and I am able to make/receive phone calls and texts.  It does drop calls more than my hubby's phone who is on the exact same service but he has a nicer phone.  I am satisfied with the phone though because it does it's job and I didn't have to pay anything for it.  Ring tones are also weird that come with the phone, they are all nature sounding tones.