Other Cell Phones:

Samsung Reality Cell Phone

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Great touch screen with qwerty!

After I dropped my last phone into the toilet and thought I needed a new one, I joined my Father's plan on Verizon.  Initially I was going to settle for one of the free phones, but when I was browsing phones online, I saw the Samsung Reality and was really drawn to it.  I admit, I'm drawn to something that looks nice, but the usage is really great as well.  I like touch screens (I play on Nintendo DS all the time!) but I didn't think I would like it on the phone because I thought it would be too hard.  What I love about this phone is that there is also a qwerty keyboard and there are still some physical buttons.  A lot of people complain about the touch screen, but I only have sensitivity issues once in a while.  If you have a little patients, its usually not a problem.  I do agree with some of the other reviewers that the picture viewing mode leaves a little to be desired.  If I want to view a picture sideways, sometimes it'll flip itself or start scrolling down.  If it were just improved a little, it would be perfect.  Also, I noticed after adding a 4gb miniSD card, everything started moving just a little slower.  For instance, when I push a button to activate the unlock screen, it takes just a second longer than when I don't have the SD inserted.  A minor problem really, just something I noticed.  Its really easy to get ringtones THAT ACTUALLY SOUND DECENT and not sounds that sound crushed together.  I'm really impressed with the sound quality.  I LOVE the red pattern on the back, I don't even want a cover for it, it's cool enough as is.  I wasn't very good at trying to use the internet, but I only tried it once and I'm sure I could learn it better.  For someone like me that doesn't require a mega-phone that can do everything, this phone is extremely satisfying to me and I absolutely love it.

The Reality is the best phone, if you love to turn it on!

I have had a lot of different cell phones, but I've never had as many problems (that I didn't cause) as I've had with the Reality.

Where do I even...Read complete review

Where do I even begin.. Okay, I've had this phone for about 6-8 months, and to begin with I LOVED IT, and I still would if it wasn't for the glitches and defects. When I use the web browser it will get "overloaded" and shut off automatically while still counting the MB towards my monthly allowance! If that's not enough the touch is starting to give way. The bottom left hand corner to be exact, which wouldn't seem to be a problem if that wasn't the area you use to DIAL calls, save pictures, add new contacts, (which I can't call people UNLESS they're in my contacts, since I can't push the DIALER button). I use my phone mainly for texting, so this phone is very frustrating! Half the time when I get a text message it doesn't acknoledge the fact that it's there (by saying 1 new or something) it will just add it to the end of that person's messages and I have to constantly check back to see if they've said anything. MAJOR FLAW!

Now lets see.. The camera has bad quality, maybe not TOO bad, but certainly not GOOD. There is no flash, no zoom, it has capabilities to edit pictures, but the edits are pretty lame, and I'd much rather upload the pictures to my computer and use any picture editing software!

I don't have problems with the QWERTY but I'm the size of a 12 year old girl, so small buttons have never been an issue for me!

Oh and did I mention the pocket dialing? Well in my case it's pocketbook dialing, but it randomly calls people when it's in my pocket book, even with the screen "off" and "locked"

Nor do I have any problems with Verizon wireless service in this area. The only problem I've ever encountered with the service itself is going a little further north it roams, and it drops calls when it starts roaming (that's no big deal really, I can deal with that!)

I would not recommend this phone to my worst enemy. More or less, my upgrade cannot come soon enough.

Smooth for a cheap price!

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

I love, and rely on Samsung products it seems all the time! The Samsung Reality somewhat mocks an android in some ways. It has an attractive design, comfortable, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, quality music and video playback, and much more.

The only con I would say is probably mention is the web browser, which does not have smartphone-like features. It delivers sharp WAP pages, but messy desktop HTML sites. The Bing-powered search app is nice, but requires many steps to install, but delivered accurate results once loaded

I received 72MB of internal memory, and if that isn't enough, thank god for the micro SD slot on the side which turns this into an ultimate media player, I have no issues playing music and videos on this device.

This is why I love the phone, and for those who isn't seeking media player features, there is alot of other reliable features and overall good data coverage!

• Battery Life:

the reality is a pretty good phone

from Yucaipa, CA

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

I bought the reality a while back, probably 5 months ago, and it has worked fine since. There are a few little things that i can complain about though.

The touch screen worked nice at first, then it started to get very laggy. When i would click on an app on the touch screen, it would take a second or two to react. The screen was also a scratch magnet. If you are considering buying this phone, i would suggest to keep the screen protector on forever.

The phone is very stylish. The chrome painted trim around the outside of the phone is a definite plus along with the sleek menu icons, too.

Another drawback to the phone is its web browser. The browser app is so slow and glitchy that it is not even worth using. Yet, the price is very fair for the package.

At first glance, the Reality seems like a better alternative to the samsung rogue from last year; both have touch-screen displays, slide-out QWERTY keyboards, and are from verizon, but if you look a little closer, the Reality is a little more scaled down than its previous version. The design isn't quite as polished and it has EV-DO Rev. 0 instead of EV-DO Rev. A. Still, the Reality offers multiple home screens and several social features that are missing from the Rogue. If you evaluate it on its own, the Reality is a very good midrange multimedia phone, but if you compare it to the Rogue, you'll find yourself wanting more.

Update(May 1, 2013): Still have the same phone working just as it has ever have. No complaints here!

• Battery Life:

Great for a quick messaging phone.

from Crocker, MO

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

I have had this phone and have used it daily for over a year. It's great. I don't use my phone for getting online or for apps (I think its a time suck). I use my phone for calling, making lists, an alarm, and texting. I love that the keyboard slides out and I have a real keyboard to use not a touch screen. I love the alarm on this phone. I know that is simple, but it works good, its not annoying, and I don't mind waking up to it. And its loud! It takes terrible pictures, so don't expect much in that department. But for texting, its great. I love the conversation mode. It separates my texts into conversations with different people and its so much nicer than sorting through a bunch of texts.

• Battery Life:

On the cheap side but you get what you pay for

from Delaware, OH

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

My phone randomly resets itself while texting. I got this phone becuase I couldn't afford the full size data plan. I got a budget plan of 25m. About the only thing I can do is fb via the app. Trying to do web pages on the phone takes forever they are so slow and the screen is almost impossible to read. But its great for me to stay connected on FB, via text. It can do videos, photos, phone calls. Its a great phone if you are a budget but that is about it.

Battery Life
I talk at least 2 hours a min a day and I drain my phone between those 2 calls.

I am horrible about dropping my phone. I do have a case around it. So it has some protection. But so far dropping it a few times on concrete, and on the floor it hasn't broken. Its seems to hold pretty well to my clumsy ness

I never have any issues with my phone but my husband has a lot of issues trying to answer calls on it becuase the touch screen can be sensitive.

I like that has a slide phone with a keyboard. Its not a flip phone makes it so much nicer. Also a touch screen.

Samsung Reality- A nice phone

from Mobile, AL

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

Samsung is great brand and they make great products! They are always very user friendly as well.

The Samsung Reality has mostly been replaced by the LG Cosmos Touch but most places still sell it.

The touch screen is easy to use and you can use anything to access it, unlike some where you have to use the ball of your finger. I find it's easiest to swipe with the tip of my finger.

I also like the sidebar, which gives access to the other features like weather bug and internet, calendar..etc. This phone is NOT a smart phone, so it really doesn't have any apps or anything. To access most of the features like weather and such you have to get online, which is something I don't like because it eats up airtime.

I like the features on the messasing. Which is what the main use for this phone is. The slide out keyboard it nice and makes texting fast. There is also a onscreen keyboard but it's not QWERTY. This phone does have threaded messages but I don't really like the format of that. It is however, still convienent.

The internet is slow sometime as well but I dunno if that's just me.

The camera feature is also nice, picture view is cool but there is no flash on the camera.

It does have a sketch pad feature and some games (only trial versions).

Overall, if you're looking for a nice, simple touch screen messaging phone, then the Samsun Reality is great.

Dependable

from Doyline, LA

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

I have had my Samsung Reality for about a year and a half, and I love it! I love the slide out, full QWERTY keyboard. I don't text much, but when I do, the keyboard makes it fast and easy. I love the touch screen. It is so much easier than using buttons to navigate through the menus. The battery life is pretty long. I only have to charge it about once a week (but I'm not a heavy cell phone user, either). The sound quality is great. I use it for an alarm every morning. It makes it easy to choose the sound I want to wake up to, instead of having to settle for some of the annoying sounds that standard alarms make. The camera isn't wonderful, but it's good enough for the occasional spur-of-the-moment photo.

I don't use it to access the internet, so I can't say how well it works for that. I don't think it's a super popular phone because I haven't found a whole lot of accessories for it. But if you want a dependable phone that's easy to use, this one is great.

The only thing I hate about this phone is that it is too touchy. When it rings, and I take it out of my purse, I end up hanging up on the caller because my hand touches something on the screen. They should have made an unlock feature, like a lot of phones have that won't let you answer or make a call until you unlock the main screen.

I love it...BUT

from Bastrop, TX

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

I've had the phone for about 7 months now and for the most part, I love it. I do have a problem though. Whomever designed the back cover is a COMPLETE IDIOT! Why on earth would you have a cover that you have to PULL off...EVERY point (but one) that holds the thing on has broken now and I've only had to take the back cover off THREE times!! Now I know this MUST be a common problem because the first phone I got had a cracked corner and I noticed it within the first day I got the phone so I got a different one. I have since looked at these phones in three different Verizon stores and EACH floor model had damage to the back in the same places...at the edge where the frame "snaps" together.

The Samsung Reality

from Montrose, GA

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

What to start with on this amazing phone? Well for starts this phone is manufactured with Verizon Wireless. The Realtiy has a sleek design which you can get in Piano Black, or City Red. It has a 3.2 megapixel camera with a small mirror. However, with not having a flash for some users, this may bring quality down. A 3.5mm headset jack if you want to listen to music. The micro sd slot supports up to a 16 gb card. The design has a 3.0" Touch Screen with a slide out keyboard. It has the messaging options of viewing by time, or by contact name. You may have a signature, which holds up to 15 characters. Although you may not be able to change the theme of the phone, you can re arrange the order of the icons on your menu. You also have a widget bar on the side. For facebook, myspace, youtube, favorites, and ect. On the keyboard there is a quick key for a new text message. Also, you see on the space bar a smiling face. When your typing a message you can press the function button and space and you will see 10 faces. Which are the following: 1. :) 2. =] 3. :D 4. ;) 5. :P 6. :-* 7. .< and 0. :'(

Although this phone has its querks, it still is a great phone.

Best cell phone by Samsung I've owned

from Fernley, NV

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

Thanks to my daughter, I got this phone to replace my Razr. This is my first touch screen phone and it has the keyboard I always wanted! It's easy to use and the functions are so much more fast with the touch screen. I can put pictures of my grandchildren on each of the screens plus the lock screen. I would highly recommend this phone to anyone who is looking for a good touch screen phone and needs the fully functional keyboard!!

Samsung reality - cool at first then loses its appeal

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Samsung Reality Cell Phone:

When i first upgraded from a crappy button phone with no features snake as a game etc to a samsung reality i was SUPER excited. It had the ability to scroll between three screens, have little shortcuts customisable to each individual screen it looked nice and sleek, not tooo bulky. It had a keyboard (WHOA) decent camera, sketch pad, birthday calender, note pad, easy to text with, easy to type with, etc. But as my friends got androids and iphones, the reality completely lost its appeal. Compred to those phones my phone felt exactly like my old phone, outdated, still too many features similar to a basic phone. Not very customisable, not able to play all the games my friends were playing, etc. Its a decent reliable phone, but nothing compared to the higher tier ones