3.4
SCH-U50
Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone

Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone

3.4

Where would I be without my Messenger????

Here is a great cellphone!  I mean the Samsung Messenger Model SCH-R450 is the best thing since sliced bread.  Okay, maybe not exactly sliced bread but definitely a great phone.  I am an Event Planner with my own business and this phone allows me a lot of versatility.  It is the cellphone with a camera, friend finder, MP3 player and GPS system.  It is internet ready and bluetooth compatible as well.  I need all of these things to do business and it also has the QWERTY keyboard to allow me to send texts much faster.  I just love this thing.  It comes in black or red and it sleek and easy to put in a pocket, purse or hang around your neck.  It was a little pricey at first but it is worth every cent spent.  I find that I use it as much as I use my laptop. It is like having a mobile office.  On most days, I can depend totally on my Samsung Messenger to achieve most if not all of my business responsibilities.  I would recommend this accommodating device for anyone looking for versatility and convenience in one cellphone.  My only regret is that because the phone is so great, people will steal it quickly.  It is one of the most stolen phones in my area and I can guess it is because of the all the little amenities it comes with.  It has so many things that make having a cellphone great that it just makes having a cellphone enjoyable.  When I am not using it for the regular business things, I am enjoying my music that I have downloaded. I use the camera phone to take pictures of venues and send them to clients.  I take pictures of centerpieces, table scapes, and flower arrangements and send them to clients.  The picture quality is good and there is sufficient storage which allows me to take pics of my grandkids and children and keep them in the phone as well.  I can't say much more about the phone except, you need to get one and make sure it is insured - just in case.  SMILE.

Thanks for the Samsung Intensity son...I love you!

My son gave me a Samsung Intensity (SCH-u450).  I'd been wanting to upgrade from my Razr with something that had a keyboard.  I'd been shopping around on the internet, when my son gave me the Samsung.  I like the phone.  It's compact and light weight.  It has an adequate screen and comes with the usually bell and whistles like speakerphone, mobile web, a camera, etc.  What I don't like about it is that it has no video camera.  I have a grandson and I love taking pictures and videos of him doing "stuff", but I can't do videos anymore because the Samsung Intensity doesn't have that feature.  The Qwerty keyboard is nice though.  It "slides" from beneath the phone and the keys are nice sized.  The volume control and camera buttons are conveiently located on either side and there's a place for headphones as well.  The phone is Bluetooth capable.

Overall, the Samsung Intensity is a good phone for people who use their phones mainly for talking and/or texting.

GREAT texting Cell

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

I bought a Samsung messenger cell phone...all i can say is that its GREAT! I text ALOT and this cell phone has a full slide out keyboard which is very useful and easy to use.I dont know how i lived with texting before i found this great cell phone!

SCH-U450 Cell Phone

from Montpelier, IN

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

Overall this is a good phone. If you just text and talk its great, but if you want to do more like the internet and all i wouldn't recommend it. The slide out keyboard makes it nicer and also faster to text someone back. Its really easy to use and operate. It even has a great music player on it! I also like that its a light weight phone. The GPS on this phone is really nice and accurate! The only con i have about this phone is there is no video camera and that you cant get videos on it.

good sound quality, a lot of features

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

First, I usually use my cell for texting. My daughter was upgrading her phone, and offered me this since I was going onto her family plan. I was happy to accept this slider. The qwerty keyboard would be perfect for my uses. However, while it is a full qwerty keyboard, the keyboard is not quite right. I would expect that a keyboard on a cell phone would be a tad more cramped than a desktop or even a laptop keyboard, the keys are way too close together with no spacing between them at all. This results in a lot of typos, which are usually fodder for laughter, but occasionally can have disastrous consequences if not caught. I usually catch my mistakes, but sometimes... and not everyone does proofread their texts.

Overall I am pleased with this phone. It's got a lot of neat features (and let's face it, the real reason we choose the cell phones we have, generally, is because of the cool factor). The battery life is not real good. The most I get out of standby is maybe a week.But if you are willing to put up with the shortcomings, this phone is not a bad choice.

One other thing, the camera is only 1.3 MP, so if you plan on using your cell for a lot of picture-taking, this would not be a good choice for you.

I hate this phone!

from Homestead, FL

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

I bought the Samsung Messenger after my only Sansa one broke because I got water in it. I thought it would be a good decision because it had a qwerty keyboard and I text daily to a lot of people so that would be convinient. I also liked that it had a camera, which my old phone didn't have, so I thought this would be a step up. I WAS WRONG. This phone crashes all the time, has very slow internet, and is always telling me that I have no memory so I can't view certain web pages. Then when I go to check my memory, it says I have plenty! I don't get what's wrong with this phone. The qwerty keyboard is nice, the buttons are big and it's easy to type on, but dirt gets trapped between the keys very easilly and it can only be cleaned out with a toothpick and it's inconvinient to clean it. Also sometimes the buttons on the keyboard get stuck and you have to press extra hard to type one letter. It's a cheap phone, and it's very heavy. It's not worth what I paid for it.****

Samsung Messenger - okay, nothing special

from Hudson, IL

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

I was given my Samsung Messgenger SCH-U450 from Verizon.  It is a pretty cheap phone.  There are really no bells and whistles.  The volume seems to be okay.  The sliding feature of the phone seems to work out pretty well.  I like having that there to text with.  I also opted for the Verizon Wireless Navigator, which is like a fake GPS thing.  It doesn't seem to be very accurate, but I believe that to be a product of Verizon and not Samsung.

The big draw back, and really it's the only one that I have noticed, is that I end up making a lot of phone calls from my pocket.  I always lock the phone, but for some unidentified reason, it seems to unlock in my pocket and call random people.

The other problem that I haven't quite figured out is I will occasionally set an alarm, and it will never go off.  I have been lucky that this hasn't happened during an important event or anything.  If it did, I would be pretty upset.

Great texting phone

from Dickinson, ND

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

I bought this phone for my wife because she wanted a simple texting phone. This phone is a very popular model and I can see why.  The phone is fairly simple...not a lot of extra bells and whistles but does great for what it's intended.

It has alarms, a calendar to put things on, and some multimedia available as well.  The camera isn't high definition by any means, but it does allow you to take pictures with it that are decent.  Oh, and, I am able to connect this to my computer and put my own ringtones on it...that is a BIG plus!  You may have to search google on how to do this, but it's a feature that many don't think about right away but wish they had once they hear the default ringtones (and this phone's default ringtones arent amazing either).

The speaker phone is so-so.  We've tried both being in a conversation via speakerphone but the speaker is of lesser quality and I can't easily understand what is being said once speakerphone is on (however, normal earpiece is great and no complaints there).

Overall, a very good, sturdy phone that has a slideout keyboard that is great for texting.  If you like to text and make calls and that's your main purpose, this phone will work well for you! (bluetooth enabled too, so that's also a plus!)

Samsung intensity a phone for the "new" users.

from Erin, NY

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

The samsung intensity with its easy to use navigation, and great resolution, is a good phone for beginners.  It is a feature phone that does not require a data package, and has a qwerty key pad.  The downside to the device is a small screen, and no video capability, and the battery life leaves something to be desired.

The Samsung U450 is a wonderful compact little messenger phone!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

I got this phone about six months ago and it has worked wonderfully for me.  It makes texting very convenient, with it's pull-out keyboard and the way the display automatically changes directions for keyboard use.  It does not have a touch screen, which makes dialing numbers and talking on the phone easier.  It has a built-in camera that takes good pictures, although I do wish it had a video camera feature.  I got a colorful cover for mine which makes it personalized, and there is a wide selection of accessories available for this phone online and in stores.  I use a screen protector to avoid scratching my screen, and the phone's screen still looks good through it.  I would recommend it for anyone who texts a lot but also needs a functional phone.  Some of the extras on other phones get in the way, but this phone has just what I need for talking and texting, without a bunch of annoying features to watch out for.

not the Worst phone ever

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

This phone really is not such a terrible phone. If your looking for a phone to just call on or text all day, this is the right phone for you. The keypad is great, very useful. That's pretty much all i use to text with anyway. The thing i don't like about this phone is that it's very boring. There are no games, the camera quality isn't as awesome. To get a really nice photo, you have to be in lighting. This phone has an mp3, which is good. It also scratches to easly, even with a phone case on it.The phone itself, is easly to smear and that gets very annoying after awhile.

Samsung Messenger II is worth more than its retail value

from Vero Beach, FL

Comments about Samsung Messenger SCH-U450 Cell Phone:

The Samsung Messenger II cell phone is a bargain. This cell phone is very reliable and convenient. The Samsung Messenger II cell phone contains many features of a luxury cell phone. The sliding feature is the cell phone's key feature that reveal its accessible keyboard for instant text messaging. The Samsung Messenger II cell phone is equipped with voice command which makes its easier for its user to contact others. Thanks to the Samsung Messenger II cell phone, there's no need to carry additional electronic devices. Some of its other features includes calculator, stopwatch, calendar, and alarm clock. Not only is it equipped with one alarm clock, but with two other alarm clocks for those who conduct activities in a timely manner. Furthermore, the Samsung Messenger II phone comes with its own music player that one can download hundreds of songs. With this cell phone, you won't miss another significant moment of your life. This cell phone has a contains a camera for you freeze the most exciting moments of your life in time. You don't have to worry about sharing these moments to anyone else. The Samsung Messenger II cell phone comes with its own camcorder and video player for you to replay these moments as many times as you want to.