3.9
WA400PJHDWR/AA
Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer

Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer

3.9

Pros

• Adjustable settings (5)
  • Clean clothes well (4)
  • Energy efficient (4)
  • Large capacity (4)
  • Spins clothes dry (4)

Cons

• Breaks down (3)

• Everyday clothes (6)
  • Towels (5)
  • Bedding (4)
  • Delicate (3)
  • Heavy/bulky items (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (4), Heavy duty user (4)

The machine that does it all in one step

This is a durable machine that helps me minimize my work load. All I need to do is to place the appropriate laundry weight and voila, the machine do the rest. I can now continue with my other chores.

In addition, other persons coming into our house always recognize this item which makes
us proud of our purchases. it's always our goal to buy items that will really helps us save money in the long run. Though it's quite expensive at first, at least I can use it for a long time.

Energy Efficiency
This will definitely decrease my energy consumption by 3%.future I can now save some of my utility bills for future use.

Cleaning Time
Very easy to clean because of its easy access to the parts.

Efficient and user friendly. It's indeed a very good investment for keeping.

All I need to do is set my machine with the appropriate settings and once it starts working, you can leave it and wait until it stops for drying.

Sleek and elegant. Classic and not too space consuming item. Its design also adds up as a good presentation to the value of our home.

This machine will surely last a lifetime with proper care. Reading the instructions thoroughly will also help in retaining its highest function.

Zero stars!!

About a week after my 1 year warranty expired, my machine flooded my house, damaging my floors. I replaced the pump which was broken and my floors thinking it was a one time thing. I was wrong. In less than 6 months it has happened twice more. This last time I ordered the pump, I was told that the pump had been replaced I was initially excited about it. I thought the problem was finally solved. The pump has been relocated to the body of the machine rather than the bottom of the drum. So obviously samsung is aware of the design flaw and should have recalled these machines. The new pump has no hoses and with the relocation the old hoses don't come close to reaching. I called Samsung only wanting a part number to order hoses to repair my machine yet again. They can't tell me the part number! I have to pay a Samsung repairman to come change a hose, it's considered a "service only part". I would have given zero stars if I could have.

White marks left on clothes

No way to turn off the terrible song it plays when load is done.

Samsung knows they have a poor design, which is exactly why they've changed it. But no recall was put in place to help all of the people who purchased this before hand.

Only lasted a few days after the one year warranty expired, and with no parts available for repair it's now a giant paper weight.

Great washer

from NINEVEH,IN

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Love it!!!

Love this washer!

from Bowling Green, KY

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washer almost a year ago. Ever since then I have been absolutely in love with it. I set the temp, load size and start and have nothing to worry with. Even at the end of the wash time it plays a little melody to let me know it's finished. Never had an issue with it with any loads I've washed. I have used it for heavy duty cleaning a few times and I must say the bedding and clothing come out so clean I was amazed.

WORST!!

from East coast

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
        • Doesn't Clean Effectively
        • Noisy

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

We bought the Samsung WA400 Washing machine and have had nothing but problems. The recall, the wiring harness, Thermistor, and now the mother board is bad. For paying 600+$ originally and now all the repair costs etc. THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT WE HAVE EVER OWNED!!!

Piece of JUNK!!!

from Denver

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

Terrible product with limited parts available and limited warranty service. After 4 years, it broke down yet again. Forget the awful phone service, and Customer Care could not care less. They seriously do not care. The matching dryer is poo, too. Stay away.

Best Washer Ever

from South Georgia

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
              • Clean Clothes Well
              • Energy Efficient
              • Large Capacity
              • Quiet
              • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

This was the first Samsung washer that I had ever bought and was glad I did. I is a great washer for large, small and even giant loads with the large capacity tub. The spin cycle was so strong that it id take long for the dryer to finish drying the clothes. All in all the Samsung washer in a great product and if I am around when this one tears up completely i'll buy another Samsung.

No More Samsung Appliances For Me -EVER

from Somewhere, AL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
                • Energy Efficient

Cons

• Breaks Down
                • Doesn't Clean Effectively
                • Horrible Customer Service
                • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

We bought this washer in January 2013. Recently is starting spinning off balance and faulting out the washer. After some research, I found that there was a Service Bulletin (released by Samsung) in December of 2012 and another one in May of 2013 concerning the damper rods that support the tub and the pump relocation (mine was already relocated from the tub to the base). The rods were determined to be too weak for the tub. I called customer service numerous times. All I would get is "it is out of warranty". I ended up replacing the damper springs myself ($130 for 4). That fixed my issue.
                Bottom line is that Samsung knew that their machine was defective and continued to sell them anyway. THAT is why I will no longer purchase Samsung appliances. I recommend that you do the same.

Don't Buy This Washer

from Washington DC

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

I own the Samsung top load WA400 washer and constantly get the code DC to redestribute clothes. it does not work. It continuously runs the rinse spin cycle and fills the tub with water. It is a lemon for sure, and I am writing Samsung and the retailers that carry this model requesting that they recall it so that no one else falls prey to purchasing this poorly designed model. One more thing, the WA400 has the motor tucked underneath the drum at the bottom of the washer. Who does that? Think about it. If the drum is constantly agitating, won't the motor eventually fall off? The answer is yes. Mine did two months after purchase. Again, this machine is a lemon and should be recalled by the manufacturer. I purchased this machine in March 2014 and today is July 2016. The cost was approximately $900 without required drains and hoses.

Very large capacity

from Florida

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
                    • Clean Clothes Well
                    • Energy Efficient
                    • Large Capacity
                    • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

We got this washer after our front loader died on us, I am really enjoying much more than our previous one. This is a very large capacity washing machine. I was told it is energy efficient and will use less water as an energy saving/water saving type of thing.

It has many different settings for different load types. So far it is pretty quiet and gets the clothes washed very well. Since this is working out for us, we are looking into a matching dryer or a dryer from the same brand.

With the large tub it can wash larger loads land more heavy duty loads like towels and big blankets etc. I have washed out pillows in their as well and didn't have an issue. There is plenty of space in the machine. I would have to say that it is highly recommended.

This washer sings to me

from LaPlace, LA

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

No really when its done it freaking sings! Well it plays a tune but its such a happy tune. Which is much better than my old washer that sounded like a nuclear bomb warning. I've had this over a year now. I have limited complaints. This is one of those newer washers without the agitator thing but I find it still cleans my laundry wonderfully.

I do love that it is an HE washer. I don't have to use as much detergent. The preset cycles are okay. I usually create my own because I prefer to clean with cold water unless I am cleaning linens, towels or dog stuff then we use hot water. The delicate cycle does not damage my delicate clothes which I love because my old washer had a delicate cycle but it really wasn't that delicate.

It locks while it is running. This seems good. Like there is no chance of me (or a kid maybe) opening the thing while its on a crazy spin cycle. I just envision a broken are or something. You have to pause the cycle before you can open it.

Its not overly big but it fits my queen comforter with no issues. I don't think I would try anything bigger then that. And mine isn't very thick either.

My only complaint really is it steams up the controls. It is all digital and when I use hot water cycles the whole control panel steams over. That seems like it could cause problems in the future but it does have a 10 year warranty so hopefully if anything does go wrong it is covered.

Cleaning Time
                      Seems like some of the cycles are a bit long. Which I guess if you are doing "heavy duty" you want it to be long to ensure its clean. But even a regular cycle is almost an hour.

Things are clean and clothes aren't destroyed that is a big plus

So incredibly simple. My mom figured it out when she was house sitting. She isn't good with technology.

Efficient

Two years and going strong, still looks new.

Zero stars!!

White marks left on clothes

No way to turn off the terrible song it plays when load is done.