3.8
WA400PJHDWR/AA
Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer

Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer

3.8

Pros

• Adjustable settings (6)
  • Clean clothes well (5)
  • Energy efficient (5)
  • Large capacity (5)
  • Spins clothes dry (4)

Cons

• Breaks down (3)

• Everyday clothes (6)
  • Bedding (5)
  • Towels (5)
  • Delicate (4)
  • Heavy/bulky items (3)
    • Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (4), Heavy duty user (4)

I Love This Washer!!

I love this washing machine. It has a very large drum for a large amount of clothes. It also has settings for bedding so you can wash your bedspreads or comforters in it. It has lots of different settings to do so many different things. It has settings for delicates, bedding, large loads. You can set if you want it to spin the clothes almost to where they are dry, slower spin or even chose no spin cycle at all. You can choose whether you want to set the extra rinse cycle or not. You can choose the how long it will wash based on how dirty the clothes are. The options just keep coming. Once you choose your favorite options or the items that you use most frequently, you can save them as your favorites with the My Cycle button. Then no matter which settings washer was set on for the previous load of clothes, you can just push the My Cycle button and it will automatically set all options to what you have chosen for your most used options. This is great for when your spouse or kids want to help out by doing a load of laundry. They don't have to figure everything out. They can just push the button that you have already set for them. Very handy. It's so quiet too so you can do laundry any time of day or night. Don't worry about disturbing you while you sleep or while you're trying to watch television. You won't hear a thing. Until it's done that is. Then it plays a cute little tune letting you know it has finished. You have the option to turn this feature off if you don't want to hear it or if you're doing laundry at night. I just love this washer. You will too!

Energy Efficiency
It is rated pretty good for energy efficiency. It lets you choose how long your cycle needs to be based on how dirty your clothes are, whether or not you want to use the extra rinse cycle, what temperature you want to use, etc. That let's you help decide how efficient you want it to be.

Cleaning Time
It has a digital time display that shows how long your selected cycle options will add up to. I have used washers before that can wash the load of clothes quicker, but I am not displeased with the length of time this washer takes. It does a great job and I haven't had to rewash anything so I am just fine with how long it takes to clean my clothes.

I am very pleased with the performance of this washer. So far everything I have washed has come out very clean and in good condition. It does not have a raised spindle in the middle to get in the way of cleaning big bulky items. I have not heard it sound off balance which is fantastic because my old washer used to get off balanced all the time. I think it is again because there is no big spindle in the way. It does a great job cleaning anything that I put in it.

This is an easy washer to operate. It has a lot of different options and I must admit I sat down and read through the manual before I used it. The manual tells you in very simple terms how to use the various cycles and what temperatures are suggested to get out all types of dirt and stains. I found this very helpful. Even with all the options there are still the same basic options that most people use most frequently. Once you determine what your favorite options are it is very easy to set them with the My Cycle button. From that point on all you do is put in laundry, push power, push the My Cycle button and press start. Once the laundry is done it plays a cute little tune (unless you tell it not to) to let you know your clothes are finished washing and are ready to be put in the dryer or hung out on a clothes line. It's as simple as that.

Beautiful design. One of the reasons I chose this washer was because of the design. In the past I had a front load washer but the longer I had it the more I couldn't wait to get back to a top load washer. There are just so many advantages to a top load washer. This one looks very sleek and appealing. No need to hide this washer behind closed doors.

I have only had this washer for 3 months but I use it all the time. I have had no problems with it what so ever. I would guess it is just as durable as any other washer. I would give it a thumbs up.

Zero stars!!

About a week after my 1 year warranty expired, my machine flooded my house, damaging my floors. I replaced the pump which was broken and my floors thinking it was a one time thing. I was wrong. In less than 6 months it has happened twice more. This last time I ordered the pump, I was told that the pump had been replaced I was initially excited about it. I thought the problem was finally solved. The pump has been relocated to the body of the machine rather than the bottom of the drum. So obviously samsung is aware of the design flaw and should have recalled these machines. The new pump has no hoses and with the relocation the old hoses don't come close to reaching. I called Samsung only wanting a part number to order hoses to repair my machine yet again. They can't tell me the part number! I have to pay a Samsung repairman to come change a hose, it's considered a "service only part". I would have given zero stars if I could have.

White marks left on clothes

No way to turn off the terrible song it plays when load is done.

Samsung knows they have a poor design, which is exactly why they've changed it. But no recall was put in place to help all of the people who purchased this before hand.

Only lasted a few days after the one year warranty expired, and with no parts available for repair it's now a giant paper weight.

samsung washer

from Egypt

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity

Cons

• Long Cycle

I purchased this washer almost 2 year ago, Love this washer

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great washer

from NINEVEH,IN

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Love it!!!

Love this washer!

from Bowling Green, KY

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washer almost a year ago. Ever since then I have been absolutely in love with it. I set the temp, load size and start and have nothing to worry with. Even at the end of the wash time it plays a little melody to let me know it's finished. Never had an issue with it with any loads I've washed. I have used it for heavy duty cleaning a few times and I must say the bedding and clothing come out so clean I was amazed.

WORST!!

from East coast

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
        • Doesn't Clean Effectively
        • Noisy

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

We bought the Samsung WA400 Washing machine and have had nothing but problems. The recall, the wiring harness, Thermistor, and now the mother board is bad. For paying 600+$ originally and now all the repair costs etc. THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT WE HAVE EVER OWNED!!!

Piece of JUNK!!!

from Denver

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

Terrible product with limited parts available and limited warranty service. After 4 years, it broke down yet again. Forget the awful phone service, and Customer Care could not care less. They seriously do not care. The matching dryer is poo, too. Stay away.

Best Washer Ever

from South Georgia

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
              • Clean Clothes Well
              • Energy Efficient
              • Large Capacity
              • Quiet
              • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

This was the first Samsung washer that I had ever bought and was glad I did. I is a great washer for large, small and even giant loads with the large capacity tub. The spin cycle was so strong that it id take long for the dryer to finish drying the clothes. All in all the Samsung washer in a great product and if I am around when this one tears up completely i'll buy another Samsung.

No More Samsung Appliances For Me -EVER

from Somewhere, AL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
                • Energy Efficient

Cons

• Breaks Down
                • Doesn't Clean Effectively
                • Horrible Customer Service
                • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

We bought this washer in January 2013. Recently is starting spinning off balance and faulting out the washer. After some research, I found that there was a Service Bulletin (released by Samsung) in December of 2012 and another one in May of 2013 concerning the damper rods that support the tub and the pump relocation (mine was already relocated from the tub to the base). The rods were determined to be too weak for the tub. I called customer service numerous times. All I would get is "it is out of warranty". I ended up replacing the damper springs myself ($130 for 4). That fixed my issue.
                Bottom line is that Samsung knew that their machine was defective and continued to sell them anyway. THAT is why I will no longer purchase Samsung appliances. I recommend that you do the same.

Don't Buy This Washer

from Washington DC

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

I own the Samsung top load WA400 washer and constantly get the code DC to redestribute clothes. it does not work. It continuously runs the rinse spin cycle and fills the tub with water. It is a lemon for sure, and I am writing Samsung and the retailers that carry this model requesting that they recall it so that no one else falls prey to purchasing this poorly designed model. One more thing, the WA400 has the motor tucked underneath the drum at the bottom of the washer. Who does that? Think about it. If the drum is constantly agitating, won't the motor eventually fall off? The answer is yes. Mine did two months after purchase. Again, this machine is a lemon and should be recalled by the manufacturer. I purchased this machine in March 2014 and today is July 2016. The cost was approximately $900 without required drains and hoses.

Very large capacity

from Florida

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
                    • Clean Clothes Well
                    • Energy Efficient
                    • Large Capacity
                    • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

We got this washer after our front loader died on us, I am really enjoying much more than our previous one. This is a very large capacity washing machine. I was told it is energy efficient and will use less water as an energy saving/water saving type of thing.

It has many different settings for different load types. So far it is pretty quiet and gets the clothes washed very well. Since this is working out for us, we are looking into a matching dryer or a dryer from the same brand.

With the large tub it can wash larger loads land more heavy duty loads like towels and big blankets etc. I have washed out pillows in their as well and didn't have an issue. There is plenty of space in the machine. I would have to say that it is highly recommended.

This washer sings to me

from LaPlace, LA

Comments about Samsung Large Capacity Top Load Washer:

No really when its done it freaking sings! Well it plays a tune but its such a happy tune. Which is much better than my old washer that sounded like a nuclear bomb warning. I've had this over a year now. I have limited complaints. This is one of those newer washers without the agitator thing but I find it still cleans my laundry wonderfully.

I do love that it is an HE washer. I don't have to use as much detergent. The preset cycles are okay. I usually create my own because I prefer to clean with cold water unless I am cleaning linens, towels or dog stuff then we use hot water. The delicate cycle does not damage my delicate clothes which I love because my old washer had a delicate cycle but it really wasn't that delicate.

It locks while it is running. This seems good. Like there is no chance of me (or a kid maybe) opening the thing while its on a crazy spin cycle. I just envision a broken are or something. You have to pause the cycle before you can open it.

Its not overly big but it fits my queen comforter with no issues. I don't think I would try anything bigger then that. And mine isn't very thick either.

My only complaint really is it steams up the controls. It is all digital and when I use hot water cycles the whole control panel steams over. That seems like it could cause problems in the future but it does have a 10 year warranty so hopefully if anything does go wrong it is covered.

Cleaning Time
                      Seems like some of the cycles are a bit long. Which I guess if you are doing "heavy duty" you want it to be long to ensure its clean. But even a regular cycle is almost an hour.

Things are clean and clothes aren't destroyed that is a big plus

So incredibly simple. My mom figured it out when she was house sitting. She isn't good with technology.

Efficient

Two years and going strong, still looks new.

• Energy Efficiency: