View more cell phones

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Took my son's abuse much longer than expected! I was impressed.

I am sorry to say that my 15 year old son's **Samsung - Intensity II Mobile Phone Cell Phone** finally placed it's last call and sent it's last text message after almost two solid years of constant use. (Two months short of two years, to be exact!) When I say it was used almost constantly, that's exactly what I mean. This phone was attached to my son and in use more than it was not in use. I can hardly believe that the cell phone lasted over 6 months, much less almost two years!

My son lost his metallic blue **Samsung - Intensity II Mobile Phone Cell Phone** under couch cushions where it was sat on, dropped the phone, left it in the yard overnight, used the Qwerty Keyboard very, very frequently, accessed the internet and his email, listened to the built in MP3 Player, downloaded apps, and texted with it countless times over the years.

Honestly, I'm surprised this cell phone lasted as long as it did. Maybe I should say that I'm **shocked** it lasted as long as it did! If an older person used this phone and it wasn't used so very often and abused so badly, I'm sure it would still be in use today! My son did have to use my upgrade to get a new cell phone since his **Samsung - Intensity II Mobile Phone Cell Phone** bit the bullet two months short of the 2 years before he was due for an upgrade, but that's okay because I will use his upgrade in a couple of months if I decide to upgrade at that time.

Here are the features of the **Samsung - Intensity II Mobile Phone Cell Phone** as described by the manufacturer:

* *Built-in 1.3MP digital camera*

* *Lets you take still photos. Infrared capability lets you take pictures at night.*

* *Built-in Bluetooth compatibility for wireless communication with a Bluetooth-enabled device.*

* *Built-in MP3 player for music listening on the go. V-CAST Music with Rhapsody provides custom music channels and song downloads (subscription required, additional fees may apply).*

* *Text messaging*

* *Lets you communicate by typing with the built-in QWERTY keyboard.*

* *Internet capability*

* *Lets you access the Web and check your e-mail, and built-in social networking provides fast access to Facebook, Twitter and MySpace.*

* *Operates on 1x digital network*

* *Lets you call frequently used numbers with the touch of a button.*

* *1,000-entry phone book*

* *Lets you store your contact numbers.*

* *Hands-free speakerphone lets you talk while driving.*

* *VZ Navigator capability for directions where you need to go (additional fees may apply).*

* *Backup Assistant capability*

* *Ensures you never lose your contacts, messages or images.*

* *Up to 300 minutes talk time and 300 hours standby with included lithium-ion battery.*

All of those great features were used practically non-stop by a 15 year old teenager and the **Samsung - Intensity II Mobile Phone Cell Phone** lasted for 2 months short of two years. The reason it finally quit working was because the QWERTY Keyboard keys kept getting stuck and then my son dropped it one too many times on the concrete, and the screen cracked so badly that it was unreadable. If a careful adult who didn't send and receive text and picture messages a thousand times a day bought and used this cell phone, it just may last forever!

It's a little strange to give a 5 star rating to a product that just broke and had to be replaced, but this cell phone deserves all 5 stars because it took many beatings and kept working far longer than I expected when I first purchased it for my text messaging, cell phone addicted 15 year old son!

Don't buy - you'll waste your money!

Samsung Intensity II phone is the worst phone you could ever buy. Well, okay, maybe not the worst – but one of the worst phones. I would not recommend this phone to anyone but a young child that’s just getting a phone for the first time.

I’ve had this phone for three years and it’s been hell. I ended up with this phone because data plans are too expensive and it was free through Verizon. It worked out at first. However, over time, I realized how horrible it was.

The one thing that I like is the slide out keyboard for texting. But, if you text a lot – which I do, the keyboard will become flimsy feeling after a while. The buttons will become very weird feeling and you’ll have to press them a few times to actually get them to work.

Don’t think about talking on this phone for more than 40 minutes. It’ll die on you. I can’t tell you how many conversations I’ve been in the middle of and the stupid thing will just die on me. Oh, and the obnoxious tone it makes when it starts to die – which you can’t turn off, you’ll just about go crazy. This phone will wake me up in the middle of the night because it’s dying – why I have no clue, since I’m not using it.

I have dropped this phone a few times on accident and it’s stood up to being dropped, however, there are many scratches and gauges out of it.

The camera is decent, but not wonderful.

I honestly wouldn’t recommend this phone to anyone. I hate it and would never purchase it again.

A Solid Phone (It Was A Trooper)

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

I had this phone for 3 years and it absolutely took a beating. Dropped it out of the window of a moving vehicle, found it and it still worked. The QWERTY keypad was so easy use and for the first 2 years it was lightning fast. Started getting slow after that but it was expected considering that is about the lifetime of any phone. After the abuse it took at my hands I actually didn't expect it to last that long. I was satisfied with it overall.

Fastest phone I've ever used when it was new. It had almost everything I needed and wanted, except for a flash with the camera. That's the only reason I didn't give it a 5 out of 5 here.

Voice Quality
The call clarity was good almost all of the time. The only real exception being whenever I was out of a service area, which with Verizon was pretty rare. The speaker option was great , being louder and clearer than the competitors speakers.

Battery Life
This phone had great battery life. I could call and text and play games on it all day long and still have a whole bar left by the time I went to bed and charged it. If I didn't do any calling or anything at all it would even last a couple days.

I was riding down the road with my friend one time taking pictures out the window of the car when it slipped out of my hands. My blood went ice cold because I just knew my phone was a goner. My friend pulled the car over and called my phone and it was still on and rang like nothing had ever happened. At this point I had only had the phone about 6 months and this little trooper went on to serve two and a half more years in my service.

The QWERTY keyboard took a little getting used to, but turned out to be much easier to use than the clamshell phones and their T9 text entry mode of the past. As far as navigating through the menus, I had no problem getting to where I wanted to be. It gives you the choice of three menu layouts, tabs being my favorite because it is very similar to all the other phones I've had in the past.

i love the design of this phone. Slim and lightweight with the slide-out keyboard. It's a very stylish look in my opinion. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 out of 5 in this category is simply because of the buttons on the front. On rare occasions it would become unlocked or I would forget to lock it and put it in my pocket and it would call numbers randomly. More often it would be whoever I talked to last as the green button pulls up the recent calls menu, then green again would call. However the use of a phone holster resolved that issue completely.

• Battery Life:

Don't buy - you'll waste your money!

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

The camera is decent, but not wonderful.

• Battery Life:

Samsung Intensity II is a good phone for the price.

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

This cell phone is a good price for the value. I received it free through my New Every Two program with Verizon Wireless. I especially like the QWERTY keyboard, which slides out from the back of the phone.

I've dropped this phone into water and it even recovered from that, after some time spent in dry rice. My only concern was that it started to fail to lock the keyboard and as a result, my phone was dialing numbers by accident. I was able to receive a replacement, and have had no issues since.

Voice Quality
No problems here.

Battery Life
Sometimes I go for a whole weekend away without plugging it in, and it does great. Still two bars after a few days. Nice to have that feature.

I have dropped mine a lot, and it's doing alright. I did originally purchase the screen protector, but it has fallen off and I have no issues without it.

QWERTY feature is great for texting. Slim line phone. Fits well into my pocket.

I like the blue color. The phone is a good one for the price @ Verizon. Recommend it!

• Battery Life:

Took my son's abuse much longer than expected! I was impressed.

from Tiny Town, GA

* *Ensures you never lose your contacts, messages or images.*

phone breaks easily

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

I thought the idea of this phone sounded great. I love the Qwerty keyboard - makes entering contact data much easier, and I love that it verbally tells me who's calling, but it has some serious issues. My LCD experienced a screen crack in less than 6 months, and I can now no longer see the top half of my screen. I didn't get the insurance because I've never had a cell phone break before in the 10 years I've had one. On a two year contract, I am now stuck with a cell phone that has a greatly diminished capacity since I can't see what's going on. It also goes from two battery bars to none (dying/ dead), which frustrates me. I expected more warning, so I have to be super diligent in checking the battery bar, using the screen as a slide out, because of course in it's normal position, the battery bar is in that top half of the screen that's broken. I don't abuse my phones, and have a hard snap on case, so I see no reason it should have broken that quickly. Camera takes decent pictures, it has the ability to use expandable memory, and with Verizon the charger turns into a USB cable, which are all great, but I am super disappointed with the problems it has.

Best QWERTY without Data Plan

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

It came time for me to upgrade a few months ago and I was excited to get something new, since I love gadgets. But I am not willing to spend more money per month on a data plan. As much as I want the new technology gadgets for all the other things they offer.. I can not justify having access to my email and facebook 24/7. It is bad enough I can log on at home, I can only imagine if it was in my pocket! I love the full keyboard slide out. It give access to easy texting capabilities without giving the phone bulk. There are a few down sides... Since there is still a keypad (which i barely use) on the outside I feel the need to use the lock feature, to avoid butt/purse dialing... This makes reading txts a pain since you have to unlock to view them. Also the side button that allows for voice commands... goes off all the time. Which is annoying... AND the camera phone is not decent AT ALL -- its actually pretty sad. I am not looking for awesome photos... but posting something to facebook should be clear enough to tell what it is.

Samsng Intensity is an ok phone

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

My husband accidentally washed his phone in the washing machine, so it was time to get new phones. These Samsungs were buy one get one free, so we chose these (they were also free with a renewed contract). I have had it for 2 weeks now, and so far I do have a few complaints. The alarm feature's snooze can only be set to 2, 5, or 15 minutes. No 9 or 10 (standard) snooze option. This frustrates me as I always use my phone as an alarm. The slide out keyboard is nice for texting, but there are annoying features about text inputs. For example, after you end a sentence with a period, it doesn't recognize that the next letter should be capitalized. You also have to hit the shift key before a letter to capitalize it. However, the sound quality seems good and it is a good phone for the price we paid (free).

I love the Intensity II!

from Leesburg, VA

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

I love how this phone is very young. The main menu is not boring it has live moving pictures making more appealing. Good buttons on the keyboard. They do not pop out which makes it harder to type and they are all attached which I like very much. The different color options is a bonus for a teenager buying the phone. The camera has some strange problems. You can't save your modified picture so if you don't take it right the first time, tough luck. I had to use it at a concert because i forgot my camera and we were sitting kind of far away. At the time I didn't know how to zoom so all the pictures I have a far and you can't see anything because I can't modify it! I wish it came with games because the games for it are expensive, just like any phone i guess though.... I've had some problems with the vibrate but other wise, love it! I would recommend this for any age!! Especially kids getting their first phones!

Great for texting and not paying for a stupid data plan!

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

The Samsung Intensity 2 is a pretty good phone,. My only complaint about it is the button that samsung seems to put on the sides of all their phones that activated the voice command feature. So as you go to hold your phone you will randomly hear "please say a command" it is HORRIBLE and the reason why this gets four stars instead of five from me. All in all though it is a pretty good quality phone from what I can see so far, it has not broke on me. I only got it because it is about the only phone with a full QWERTY keyboard that isn't a smart phone and therefore does not require me to pay extra money that I do not have monthly for a data plan I will barely use. It does have facebook and myspace app if you do get into that whole phone internet and data plan thing. It is also free with 2 year activation which is always a plus if you are on a budget and want to get a texting phone. It is also a beautiful color of blue. As I said it has so far not broke, therefore I love it. =)

Great phone

from Commiskey, IN

Comments about Samsung Intensity II QWERTY Cell Phone:

I purchased this with my last upgrade and am very pleased with its performance !  I did not have to pay out of pocket for it either so big plus there!  It's easy to use, the buttons are easy and the slide works flawlessly.  The keypad is easy to use without being too big and bulky .  The menu screen is easy to navigate. Set up is a breeze.  There offer several color options too.  I really like the blue as a not so ordinary options!  The black is a classic sleek looking phone also.  Takes decent pictures for a phone and the video quality is decent but not great.

One complaint that I have is although I have only had  this phone for a short time the battery life is not very good, there have been some glitches with messages notifing me that they are there and the color has began to fade off the back  of the phone.

In conclusion this is a great phone and will meet the needs of most casual cell phone users.