3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Best Reseption Yet With Samsung Intensity

For some reason, everytime I get a flip phone I can not seem to get good reception. I have trouble with conversations breaking up or just loosing reception all together. I have been told that it has nothing to do with the flip phone,somehow I have a hard time believing that.

My husband knew I did not like my flip phone so one day he came home with the Samsung Intensity for me.He can be really thoughtful like that. I love this phone. I have not once had trouble with reception. The Intensity is not a flip phone. It has a slide out keyboard for texing. I can not review the keyboard or the texing capabilities because I do not text at all. I use my cell phone mostly for emergencies and long distance.The Intensity works wonderfully for that.I have no complaints.My husband and my son have both gone to Smart Phones but this Samsung Intensity is good enough for me.

If you just need a basic cell phone for making calls the Intensity is a good phone to have.

The Samsung Intensity - a decent phone.

The Samsung Intensity was an upgrade from my previous phone, the Motorola Razor.  I was interested in the Samsung Intensity because it had a full QWERTY keyboard, and I was under the assumption that using the keyboard for my frequent texting would be much easier than if I continued to text with the number pad.

The Samsung Intensity has a slide out keyboard which requires you to turn the phone sideways to be able to use it.  Thankfully, the orientation of the screen changes every time you open the phone.  You have the option of texting with or without the keyboard, too, so if all you need to do is text a quick response, you don't really need to take the time to slide out the board and type everything.

At first, I was very frustrated with the keyboard.  The keys are very small, which meant that a lot of the time, I was smashing keys I didn't even intend to use, accidentally pressing the space bar or the "send" button before I was finished with my message, etc.  I found that I was much slower texting on the keyboard than I was when I used the number pad - and you can't use the auto-complete option when you're using the QWERTY! It definitely took some getting used to.

Aside from the keyboard, I discovered that the phone itself comes with a charger that is actually a USB cable with an adapter, so you can connect your phone to your PC or laptop to upload custom ringtones, wallpapers, etc. while still being able to charge the phone at a wall outlet.  I feel that this was an exceptional move by Samsung: customers are no longer required to purchase multiple additions to get the full use of their phone!  I imagine that this led to a higher customer satisfaction rating, and perhaps even a higher popularity rating.

The phone also supports Micro SD cards, so that you can potentially have enough space to store all of the ringtones, images and wallpapers you'll be carrying around in your phone from now on.  Just make sure to also purchase a Micro SD adapter, or you won't be able to do much else with that card!

There is also a camera on this phone.  It works pretty well and takes OK pictures.  I can adjust the exposure, I can set a timer, use the "Night Shot" option, or adjust the resolution, which makes this camera a lot more versatile than some others I have used previously.

Cons:

There are a few cons with this phone.  I will explain them below.

1) No zoom on the camera.  This is unfortunate.  Even my sub par Razor camera had a zoom option.  It looks as though the Intensity's camera was intended to have a zoom feature, because at the bottom of the screen you can see a small magnifying lense icon with a plus sign (+) inside of it, and two arrows - one for down, one for up - beside it, but no matter which arrows you press (the ones on the QWERTY or the ones on the number pad) you cannot zoom.  I'm wondering if this wasn't just a large scale error that wasn't resolved before the product was released?

It doesn't bother me enough to hate this phone, thankfully, because I rarely take pictures with it anyway.

2) The number pad does not have a protective cover.  I am aware that adding a cover over the number pad would make the phone bulkier and heavier than it needs to be, but with the screen wide open to rough surfaces, car keys in my pocket or purse, and other damaging things, I am worried that the screen will be beat up in no time flat.  I browsed around the internet and was able to find a few skins for the Samsung Intensity, but nothing that looked like it would protect the screen from damage.

3) The number pad's key lock is laughable.  When the key lock is activated, all a person needs to do to UNlock the keys is press two buttons.  I can't tell you how many times I have set the key lock, put the phone into my pocket, and then retrieved it later to find that not only has the key lock been deactivated, but I have dialed many numbers or called the last person on my Recent Calls list!

Other phones I have owned which came with a key lock option usually required some sort of four digit password to unlock the keys, which was a TRUE way to make sure you don't waste minutes by accidentally dialing strangers and people in your contacts list.  All it takes is an extended press on one of your speed dial numbers to start making calls, and who wants to waste their minutes on errors like that one?

If there is a way to change the options on the key lock, I have yet to find it.

Conclusion:

The Samsung Intensity is a decent phone.  Because I got it for free when I renewed my agreement with Verizon, I really can't complain about much of the cons.  I am getting faster at typing with the QWERTY keyboard, and once you have used it for a few months, it becomes easier to hit the desired keys instead of its neighbors.  You could probably buy a belt case in which to carry the phone if you were too worried about scratching the cover, instead of carrying the phone in a pocket or purse.

Reliable to a point

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

This phone has served me well for two years and only now has begun to fail me. The keys have begun to stick terribly, making texting difficult to do. It also takes horribly blurry pictures. It always has. This is not a phone to buy for a good camera. However, for talk and text it served me just fine or two whole years.

• Battery Life:

I love the Samsung Intensity!

from Northern Cambria, PA

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

I absolutely love my Samsung Intensity. I wanted to upgrade my older prepay phone to one with a keyboard and this ended up being a good value. It has a full keyboard, with number buttons on the front for calling. It does everything a basic phone would do, text, calls, pictures, and music. I like the fact that there's a micro sd slot, so you can add your own card to keep pictures and music on it. They make tons of cases for the Intensity so you can keep your phone protected. They are now on the Samsung Intensity 3, and I would still keep this phone because there's nothing wrong with it. The keyboard is nice and easy to use, easier than most smart phone keyboards. I've had my phone about a year now and the battery life is of course starting to deteriorate, but for what I use this phone for, it's perfect and the battery still lasts a long time.

• Battery Life:

I'm glad I chose this phone!

from Marion, IA

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

I've had my Samsung phone for a year now and I really love it. I thought I wouldn't text much, but chose a cell phone with a qwerty keyboard so I could text our teenage son more easily. Six months later my best friend and neighbor died leaving behind 3 children and a husband. I offered to help and immediately started texting several times a day with the kids's dad to coordinate schedules and communicate concerns. It was a lifeline since his job is one in which I couldn't always interrupt him with a regular phone call. I've also enjoyed texting my son - especially now that he's in college. Now I text on my phone much more than I talk. My husband told me recently I texted more last month than our son! I love taking pictures with my phone and send them to our email at home to save. We were recently blessed with our first grandbaby and I enjoyed being able to text several family members at once plus send them baby pictures! How fun is that?! I definitely want to get an upgrade to this same phone next time!

• Battery Life:

The best available in its class.

from Monroe, GA

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

As of now, the Samsung Intensity with red is one of the few remaining Verizon phones offered without a required data plan. Among this collection of phones, the Samsung intensity is probably the best. With an attractive design, an easy-to-use and easy-to-access keyboard, and a relatively efficient layout, the Intensity is a very well-rounded phone.

The aesthetics of this phone are excellent. Mine comes with red, giving it a sleek and attractive look. The compact nature of the phone also gives the phone a nice look and makes it more practical.

My favorite component of this phone is its keyboard. The compact phone easily slides open to reveal a well-sized keyboard. The soft keys are well spaced so that they are not too compact to make accurate texting difficult but not so spaced that the phone is uncomfortably large. Ultimately, the keyboard is conducive to fast and efficient texting.

Finally, the layout of this phone is efficiently designed so that accessing features is generally quick.

I have only two major complaints about this phone. The first is that the lock feature is slow. In order to manually lock the phone after it has been unlocked, the user must hold the zero button for about a second or two. While this may sound short, it is a long time for users who may wish to frequently put the phone in and out of their pocket. A second complaint is that the phone will occasionally delay for a moment when transitioning through texts and perhaps other times. However, these complaints are insignificant when compared with the benefits of the phone.

Best phone i ever got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Lake In The Hills, IL

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

The samsung intensity was the best phone i ever got because it has a full keyboard, a great camera, awesome features, great battery life, and it can withstand anything!!!!! it is almost water proof because i have jumped in a pool with it, ran through millenium park with it twice, dropped it in a full sink of water with the water running and talked and texted with it in the shower! it still works absoulutly fine!!! and i have dropped it a million times but it is still fine! only bad parts are the fact that the camera cant zoom in and it cant shoot video.

Best Reseption Yet With Samsung Intensity

from Rocky Mount, NC

Great phone

from Vestal, NY

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

I got the Samsung Intensity during the summer of 2010 when it was time for a phone update. During that time, it was the more popular time without having to get a data plan. My service provider is Verizon which has amazing service.

Overall, the phone is good, it includes a full keyboard where you could slimply slide it open and use the full size keyboard. The full size keyboard makes it 10x easier to type and it's faster as well. I like the shortkeys where you could set up the directional keys to open specific functions of the phone. currently, I have shortkeys for calendar, tip calculator, calculator and alarm, so just one press of a button would open them up. The camera is an excellent feature as well and has decent quality.

Some of the cons is that when the phone isn't locked, it is really easy and common to press the voicecommand button so if you are in a quiet study area, and you unlock the phone to check the time, and accidentally press the voice command, it'll be a pain. A bad thing about this camera is that the zoom is bad, its practically non existence and its hard to get ringtones without paying for them.

Samsung Intesity Not That Impressed

from Marianna, FL

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

When my contract with our cell phone came up for renewal I decided to get a new cell phone just to update a little. And I decided to get the Samsung Intensity cell. I liked it for the first month or so of having it. It is nice to have the slide keyboard I dont think I could go back to phone without the slide.(which all mine in the pass have just been normal flip phones). The problem I have with this phone is that I only have about 50 pictures on it and I know some people that have 100's and all my older phone I had tons of pictures on and I have 50 on this phone and it says memory full when I have only maybe 15 text in my text inbox. Which I feel is ridiclous as I said before I was talking with someone that had 400 text in their box and they were just getting the message and I get it with 15 text in there. I would think on this newer phone that it would have alot more memory space then what it has. I personally would not recommend this phone to anyone for the memory reason.

The Intensity is awesome!

from Hammonton, NJ

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

I finally decided to upgrade my phone, and I am pleased with this one overall. Note that I have the Intensity II phone, which is the updated version. The keyboard is large, and I really like how the keys light up when used inside. I come from using the regular texting method, using keys 1-9 so the keyboard is a great feature here. Plus, it is convenient to just slide it out, rather than flipping it open like some other phones. I also think it is creative that the "Menu" is a work desk, with a clock, monitor, keyboard, etc. as icons for further menus. It is really a great device, and I recommend it for anyone who is looking to upgrade from a basic feature phone. It is a little chunky, but that was expected.

Love Samsung, but this phone.. well not so much.

from Minot, ND

Comments about Samsung Intensity Cell Phone:

The phone is okay for calling and texting, but it has no video and it is very easy to accidentaly access the web. There have been times, even with the phone key pad locked, that is has connected to the internet while in my pocket. I do like the fact that it has the seperate keyboard as opposed to pushing a button 3 or 4 times to get to the letter you want. I've had the phone over a year and I just know discovered how to get music off my computers real player onto my phone. This phone (to me) does not have enough memory and I do have a memory card, and that is already full too! It does take good quality pictures, but I have seen better on some other phones. You do have the choice of a few different themes, but there is no screen saver. One other feature that I don't like is the ringtones that the phone comes with cannot be deleted and they take up quite a lot of memory. I don't hate the phone, but I will be upgrading as soon as my contract is up!