View more cell phones

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Can I just say night and day compared to the razor I did have.  I had the razor for 4 years and it would drop calls, the battery wouldn't last as long and the charger was very touchy.  So when the Samsung Gravity came along I was super happy to see a phone I liked with a qwerty keyboard because I am an avid texter.  And texting with the number pad gets old real fast.  I love how easy the Gravity is to use for texting and using other features such as setting the alarm, quick dials, and listening to music is a breeze.  The battery lasts a long time when talking, texting, etc. It is also so sturdy, I have dropped it more times than you can count and it still works like a charm everytime.  I love the automatic lock feature on the keypad as well.  After 5 seconds of not using the phone, it auto locks.  The only downside to the phone is the headphone port.  Its not a standard attachment, it can only be purchased through Samsung or your phone carrier, which makes it a bummer to listen to music because you need a special set of headphones.  But all in all a great phone.

OK overall, somewhat buggy

Pros: Great QWERTY keyboard, slide feature works well, camera takes great pictures for such low specs (1.3MP)

Cons: Shuts off randomly in pocket (i.e., when pressure is applied to the phone), limited text memory, charging port is difficult to access

I bought this phone back in November of 2008 for the sole reason it was free (actually, it was free on t-mobile.com only, but I was able to get them to honor the deal in the t-mobile store). I got a family plan for my girlfriend and I with two of these phones.

The slide feature is nice, and after 9 months of use, it doesn't show any sign of mechanical failure. The keyboard is nice and has a good tactile response, though I do have a tendency to double-space between words (space key has two contacts, if you have a tendency to slide your thumb over it when texting quickly you'll probably trigger it twice). The phone has a hard limit of 30 texts stored on the SIM and 200 on the phone's internal memory, I find myself having to delete texts nearly every day (I'm a bit of a text pack rat, so YMMV). Some users have had a problem with the phone complaining constantly and annoyingly (ringing and vibrating) that the SIM memory is full if you hit that limit of 30 texts, but I have only experienced this once or twice and was able to make it go away (some have not).

Another "bug" (more like manufacturing error) is that the phone has a tendency to shut itself off when pressure is applied to it. If you wear tight-fitting jeans and kneel down or move in such a way that pressure is applied to the phone, it's likely to turn itself off. Used to happen to me 10x a day until I found a fix. The problem has to do with the battery becoming dislodged for a brief second that causes the phone to lose power. The solution is to wrap the battery in paper (such as a napkin or paper towel) in order to hold it in place better. After this fix, the phone shuts off on me a maximum of once per day. It's a minor problem, and I didn't buy insurance on the phone, so I deal with it.

The camera is good - no flash, but takes great daytime pictures. Mostly useless at night (but so are most phone cameras). Has a little mirror on the back for taking self-portraits.

If you're a nail-biter, you might find the charging port difficult to access - you have to use your fingernail to remove the attached rubber cover. I suppose it's better than having the port wide open though (as with LG phones).

I hear a lot of complaints about battery life. Mine is pretty good, it'll last maybe 4 days without needing a charge. Some phones have a bug with the battery life indicator, where it'll go through the first few bars in several hours and then hang for days on the last bar. Kind of nerve-wracking if you're going to be away from home for a day or two.

This phone is not being manufactured anymore, but it seems many t-mobile stores still have them in stock. It was replaced (rather quickly, I might add) by the Gravity 2, which fixes most of the complaints with this phone, but IMO looks kind of ugly.

Item as Described & Quick Ship!

from libya

Pros

• Brilliant Display
  • Good Interface w/email

Cons

• Games
    • Music
    • Texting

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

This unlocked T-Mobile phone was exactly as described, except, it said shipping would take 7-10 business days and it arrived in about 3! Super Fast! The item does come with a wall charger and was brand new in the box. Just popped the SIM card in and all was up and running. I think it even came pre-charged. This is a perfect texting phone which I got to replace the phone my daughter broke (which was an earlier model of this same one). Would reccommend this seller and this product.

• Phone Size:
    • Compact

Good Cell Phone

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

It is a good, basic phone.

Voice Quality
    It has a voice recorder on it. Although it is not very clear it lasts as long as I've needed it to (5min+). It is good for making notes to yourself or I've tried, making your own ringtone. Older Samsung phones only record for about a minute and so I am happy with its length.

Battery Life
    Lasts around four days on a full charge. Maybe less with games but I don't use this phone for gaming much.

I have not broken it. However, whenever it drops from your pocket (2-3ft) the whole phone gets disassembled. The battery and the back cover pops up. So far it has received only minor scratches.

It is easy to navigate around and personalize this phone.

• Battery Life:

A great phone that functions in several ways

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

This was by far my favorite pre-smart phone, through tmobile. I loved the slide out keyboard, as it made for much faster texting, emailing, and note writing. I like the option to not use the keyboard because sometimes you only have on free hand to do things with and you can stuff text. I did not like that the phone had such a small screen, especially compared to what you can get now, for the money. Samsung phones have always been my first choice in cell phones.

For what this phone is, it works great, Takes great pictures and I love the slide out keybpard for texting

Voice Quality
    I never had any problems with anyone not hearing me or me not hearing them

Battery Life
    The battery was never dead and I texted all day most days and just charged at night when I was sleeping

I never had anything break on it the entire time I had it

Super simple to use, and easy to function. If you aren't looking for a smart phone with all the hoopla, this would be a good choice for you.

I liked that it was small enough to have it in my pocket if I didn't want to carry my purse, and that the keyboard slid in,unlike other phones that are bigger because the keyboard is on front

• Battery Life:

worst phone & waste of money.. EVER.

from Stacy, MN

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

this phone is the absolute WORST phone you ever buy. i can't even tell you one thing i LIKE about the phone. i've had it for a little over two months- and it's already messing up. sometimes, i never get service anywhere- even in places i'm supposed to have PERFECT service. it takes forEVER to send or recieve a picturie message and it just randomly turns off. just recently, my phone deleted all the contacts stored in my phone, every last one of them, my contactbook was empty. i thought this would be a great phone- but it's honestly not. i'd advise you to not even waste your time looking at it. besides the above problems- the battery life is TERRIBLE. i can charge my phone all night and lose two or three bars of battery life within an hour, samsung apparently said they were supposed to fix it and haven't yet. if you're looking for a text savvy phone- this might be one, minus you know, all the above problems.

great phone!

from Bartlett, IL

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

I just got this phone for my birthday and im in college. I love it! its durable, great for clumsy people like me and its great for texting ! i text 24/7 since ihave a boyfriend. I have a white and green/yellow phone. in order to not get it dirty i got a pink cover for it. The picture resolution is also great. the gravity phone seemed kind of chunky looking at first, but now im getting used to it and like it more than ever! it is very easy to use and it can be kind of slow while ur texting. The battery life is average and the design of the keyboard is good. I love using this phone! i would suggest it for a teenager or a highschooler. if your child drops their phone a lot, this is a great phone also.

samsung gravity 1 is a keepr

from San Bernardino, CA

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

This is the first in the samsung gravity phones, i believe. I liked this phone so much, i ended up upgrading to the 2nd gravity, and now they have samsung gravity t, which is a touchscreen phone. BUt the review is for the first phone, which i got in white and turquise. I was so torn between the two colors available, i guess the white one is a tiny bit more girly? well the grey and lime green is a bit more guyish, but honestly any one can rock these phones ion either colors. The slider phone, slides to reveal a full qwerty keyboard. The buttons are just the perfect size, and they make it super easy to text and write emails. The picture quality is ok, not the best and there is no flash. There is an mp3 player, you can hook it up with bluetooth, or with a cable i think, but my phone did not come with a cable to connect to computer. I am sure you can though. Oh there is also a micro sd card slot for memory expandion, which comesin handy if you want alot of music.

the slider thing is broken on my phone after not much use, it still works but with a bit of effort sometimes to slide open

ok

ok

well slider thing is broken

could be built better

i like the design

Solid Phone

from Forest, VA

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

For the texters out there, the samsung gravity is definitely a great little phone to own. It's durable, has a roomy slide out keyboard that is both easy to use and carry around, and is pretty light. The camera on the back takes decent shots all things considered. The color is a bit rough if you are a guy, but other then that, it definitely looks like a nice phone. It is durable -- I can't tell you how many times I've dropped mine -- yet it still keeps chugging along. The battery could definitely be a bit better, usually lasting about 24-48 hours depending on the usage. Compared to my Motorola Droid, though, this phone definitely has a passable battery life that suits its purpose. The keys are a bit hard to press ont he front of the phone, but they work decently enough. If you an find this phone decently cheap, I highly reccomend it. If not, I'd go withthe upgraded versions that are not out for t-mobile.

Do you want a good texting phone?

from Oxnard, CA

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

I have had this cell phone for over a year and it has been through hell. I have dropped it i dont know how many times and it is still alive and in good condition. It has an easy keyboard. Good battery life. It does not die fast, especially for as long as i have had it. It has a good volume when you talk. The only bad thing is that it is not a 3G. But i would defininetly recommend this phone to someone who does not want a  an expensive smartphone/ touch screen phone. Or especially if you can not afford one. This phone has an alright camera, but not perfect since the its 2.0 megapixel i think.

MY FAVORITE PHONE!

from Flowery Branch, GA

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

This is the Best Phone I've ever had, It had good Sound Quality & gets Service almost Everywhere.. I love the Slimness of the Phone & the Easy Carrying.. I would Recommend this Phone to anyone wiling to get their Children a First Phone or New Phone.. & it's very Durable & had a GREAT Camera on it. It's like an amazing Phone to have & I'm very Happy with it

Good little phone

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about Samsung Gravity 3 Cellular Phone:

I really like my Samsung Gravity.  I've had it for about a year now and it is still like new.  I would say it's VERY durable.  I do wish that the back stayed on a little better, but then it's probably not meant to be dropped twice a day.  When I read reviews before buying this phone everyone complained about the battery life, and I just have to say that that was a bunch of crap.  I've never had trouble with my battery dying.  I have even forgotten to charge it a few nights and it's gone a couple of days at a time without dying.  I wish it stayed locked when you open it, my kids always get a hold of it and once they open it they can do whatever they want with it.  And the reason I gave it only four stars was because I really hate that it's only a matter of pushing a few buttons (actually only 2 a couple of times) to send a random email out to EVERYONE in my contact list!  Happens way too often.  It's not for moms in that way :)  But I do love this cute little phone.  I hope I can keep it for a while.