3.7

Pros

Cons

Galaxy Series

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

For the past three and a half years, I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Prevail from Boost Mobile. In the beginning, I really haven't experience with the defects of this cellular phone. Over the past year, I have experience so many problems with this phone. I am not even sure if it is because of how old it is or because of something else. I am in Tallahassee and the service in most parts of this city is not good. I can be walking and the quality of service is superior and as I move from one spot to another the reception can easily fall out, to the point of having my calls dropped. The phone does freeze a lot. I am not sure why that is. It also cuts off and on on it own. I am not sure if that is because of the service provider, Boost Mobile, or because the phone manufacturer, Samsung, I just do not know. However, I will say, this is a good phone as a starter phone. If you are teaching your children how to use a phone and don't want them to mess/break a very expensive phone like and Apple Iphone.

I like the design of the galaxy prevail. Like I said, it is great phone but has problems. But is a good phone to use also to teach your kids.

Great beginner smartphone

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

I downgraded from a Blackberry to this smaller smartphone for budget purposes. The Android OS is much more user-friendly and easier to navigate than the RIM OS. The access to so many more apps is definitely a plus. However, this phone offers such limited internal memory; and even with the addition of a 32G SD card does little to ease this problem, as many of the apps I downloaded could not be transferred to the SD card. It also came preloaded with so many useless programs and apps that could not be removed. The small internal memory forced me to install and uninstall Google Play as needed. I would install it to download an app, and then immediately uninstall to allow the recently downloaded app to function properly. I would not recommend this phone for an experienced smartphone user, but I would recommend it for beginners whose need for advanced apps is nonexistent.

• Call Quality:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Miami, FL

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

The product is overall good but somehow frail,not very intuitive,but has many features and uses.The touchscreen is very responsive and looks long lasting,the camera takes wonderful crisp pictures and can even determine pulse rate(by hb redox),the sound resolution is great,very easy to understand radio and video in many languages,wifi works in a way similar to many tablets,reception aceptable compraed to wifi standard,screen does not scratch easily,batttery life is just ok,apps from market work fine about 85% of time,phone on cell and wifi somehow comparable,but much better than some cheaper tablets.

not extremely long life

sharp,clear photos

varies with networks also

not incredibly intuitive,...:(

has lasted a while

• Call Quality:

All you ever need in a phone

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

The Prevail is innovative, intuitive and built to last better than other smartphones I have tried. Charges fast and holds longer than my previous phone, very stylish too, would highly recommend.

Battery Life
Charge holds longer than my previous phone

Display/Screen Quality
Love the screen, sharp and intuitive.

Call Quality
Great voice quality with this phone

very easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Sturdy and built to last

The design is why I wanted this phone, very stylish and sharp

• Call Quality:

Nicely priced and good quality phone

from Belvidere, IL

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

The samsung galaxy prevail is a decent phone.

Battery Life
the battery lasts as long as most other smartphone batteries, (which is far too short, but thats a smartphone for ya!)

Display/Screen Quality
The display quality is superb. Very clear!

Call Quality
I haven't had any problems with the sound or quality of any calls.

This phone is pretty easy to use. It is all touch screen, no slideout keyboard, so if you have problems with touchscrren, this might not be the phone for you. This is my first "all touchscreen" phone, and it took me a little whilke to get use to it, but i have the hang of it now!

I have only had this phone for two months now, but i have dropped it a few times, and it has held up very well!

This phone is sleek and fits in your pocket nicely.

• Call Quality:

This phone is a blessing to me. It's amazing.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

This phone is fun to use and has many apps available.

Battery Life
The phone needs charging at least once daily because it's used so much.
If I'm not using it, my Grandchildren are playing games on it.

Display/Screen Quality
The pictures are clear and the colors are perfect.

Call Quality
The phone worked surprisingly well even in the mountains and across 4 states.

Although I never used a "smart phone" before, it was easy to pick up and use immediately.

The phone has been dropped a couple of times but there has been no
change in its quality.

The screens are well set up with a clear design and the phones simple design makes it easy to hold on to.

• Call Quality:

This phone is a great first smartphone for any person

from Lake City, TN

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

This is my first smartphone I love it. I have only had 1 dropped call and it runs pretty fast. The only problem that I have is moving things over to save on my card.

Battery Life
The battery life does not last very long at all.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is amazing everything is so clear and the touch screen is easy to use

Only 1 dropped call

So easy to get to everything love the way its labeled

My husband has the same phone and he takes it to work with him and it has been dropped a few times and it has lasted and still looks new I love any phone like that.

Love the slim shape and perfect size

Freeze Frame!

from South Solon, OH

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

Don't buy it. It constantly freezes, gets crappy reception, and no return period. It has a lot of great features, but in the end, the positives do not outweigh the negatives.

Battery Life
Battery life lasts about 9 hours total, no talk time. With talk time, your looking at about 4-5 hours.

Call Quality
When you can make a call, call quality is decent, but I have a lot of dropped calls. I can't blame that all on the phone, though, that could be the service too.

• Call Quality:

Galaxy Prevail would be great if it weren't for all the problems

from Middle Island, NY

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Smartphone:

I love the features the Galaxy Prevail has, unfortunately, the phone has a ton of problems. It freezes constantly! I need to turn the phone off and back on at least 5 times per day. Sometimes, the phone just doesn't respond properly. In this case, I need to reset it to it's factory settings. This wipes out all of my apps, contacts, etc. I wish I could return the phone, but they don't have any kind of trial period. Once you buy, you're stuck with it!