Other Smartphones:
GT-I9000HKYDBT
Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone

Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone

Nice Ticker

First off, take this review with a grain of salt. I've never owned a smartphone before this one, so my frame of reference is a bit off. But I do own an iPod Touch, with gives me a little perspective on the operating system. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I love this phone. The Continuum is about the same as the Samsung Fascinate, only narrower and longer. It has a beautiful, bright screen -- which was a huge reason I bought the phone in the first place. It may not be as big as some of the other phones out there, notably the Droid X. Typing at times can be a little annoying, but it works well if you have the phone on the side. Otherwise, it's about the same size screen as my iPod, and it works fine for surfing the Internet or playing with apps. Still, if you watch a lot of videos or whatever, you may want a bigger screen. But it is a bright, beautiful screen.

The camera and video camera work great -- in fact, it's become my primary video camera these days, and the camera has come in handy on several occasions. The phone is thinner, which should make it somewhat easier to carry.

The big innovation in this phone is the ticker, and I love it. The ticker shows e-mail messages, RSS feeds, Facebook, Twitter, missed phone calls and text messages. It makes it very easy to check multiple e-mail accounts, which I have found very useful. And as someone who needs to keep up with the news, the feeds are also very helpful. That said, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do not use Twitter with the ticker -- the sheer number of Twitter feeds can drain the battery at a much faster rate, even when the phone just sits there. My phone drains noticeably slower without the Twitter ticker updates.

I wish the phone had the most up-to-date version of the Android system but I'm confident they'll update it eventually. In addition, it's annoying that Samsung uses Bing Search and Bing maps, but it didn't take me long to switch to Google Maps and navigator. The system doesn't have as many apps as Apple's iOS, but at 100,000 apps it's not like there's a dearth of options available. And it has all the popular ones, including the addictive Angry Birds. Others I've found very useful: barcode scanner (especially if you're a big shopper) and Pandora.

Overall, I love this phone. In fact, I don't know what I did without it.

Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone is not the best smartphone.

The Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone is not the best smartphone I have ever owned. The charging cord is very tricky to get to work. If you don't have it just right it will not charge, you have to wiggle it till it starts to charge and then not move it. Also it is not very good for signal strength. I can have service and then move alittle and then I loose service. I also can have 3 or 4 bars and then dial and it goes to 1 bar and I cannot make the call. I also cannot walk and talk because I loose signal, not because I am not able to do two things at once. I have never been this frustated with a cell phone before. It has nice features if only I could use them. I have heard these same complaints from other people except only after I got my phone. I was told by many cell phone companies that samsung phones are know for having the worst signal strength, only after I purchased this phone. I think if you live in a city this phone would be great but if you are outside of a metro area be aware.

This product is stunning

from morocco kalaa des sraghna kodayat 28

About Me Parent, Social Networker, Student

Pros

• App Availablity
  • Battery Life
  • WiFi

Cons

• Camera
  • Screen
  • Web Browsing

• Social Networking
  • Texting

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

This product is very astonishing because it contains many of the features that ensure happier buyer
its also does not cost anything
It has an intimate and Sri Wi-Fi system It also gives choices of what you want , orderly and easy to use
But has the disadvantages of an example for all phones and I hope that these negatives go away
An example of these negatives
Do not pick up a good image in the night

• Phone Size:
  • Just Right
  • Usability:
  • Intuitive, Simple Enough
  • Media:
  • Easy To Download Media, Fast Streaming Media, Games
  • Camera:
  • Easy Sharing, Good Quality, Video Recording
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

it is a good phone and a nice body

from sreshka

About Me Business Professional

Pros

• Camera
  • Operating System
  • Screen
  • Web Browsing
  • WiFi

Cons

• Button Configuration
  • Charging time

• Games

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

It's a good phone continued to work

• Phone Size:
  • Just Right
  • Phone Construction:
  • Feels Fragile
  • Usability:
  • Simple Enough
  • Media:
  • Easy To Download Media, Easy To Use Media Player, External Media Controls, Fast Streaming Media, Games, Good Speaker Sound
  • Camera:
  • Camera Features, Easy Sharing, Easy To Use, Editing Tools, Video Recording

Decent PC Cellphone with HD Video capability

from Medford, MA

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

The Samsung i9000 Galaxy S Smartphone is a great cellphone. It's got Google Android OS with its own usual great features. Great apps include Google Maps, web browser, Youtube, etc..  Designed with a 1Ghz processor and 16GB flash memory hard drive, the performance is very smooth. The PowerVR GPU gives great hardware acceleration support for HD video, and the GPU also includes supports many video formats including Divx,XVID, h.264, Adobe Flash, wmv with great quality. The touchscreen is OK, but it seems a pain that the default screen lock makes the screen go blank after being idle for a few seconds and you need to move your finger across the whole screen to unlock the screen. The one huge drawback, and this is a minor one is the lack of a sliding physical QWERTY mini keyboard on the phone**,** which helps make for easier typing while viewing the screen. There's also a decent enough 5-megapixel camera. All in all, a decent HD cellphone.

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

Great Smart Phone

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

I decided to try this phone out because my friend kept telling me how great it is. I was actually getting a little tired of my iPhone, so I decided to try this one out. It feels pretty sleek, and has one of the newest Android operating systems installed into it. I was able to download many games off of the Android market as well as utility and entertainment apps. The screen is pretty high resolution, so many of the games I played went fairly smoothly and flawlessly. I think there are many Android phones out there that are better compared to this, but overall, the Samsung Galaxy S is a pretty good all-around phone. It isn't the most stylish or the fastest out there, but it is definitely a great phone to consider.

useful samsung phone

from Inglewood, CA

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

This was my first phone and I was impressed with it but after half a year I did get tired of it but since I got it on a contract I did keep it otherwise I would have tried upgrading. It was attractive at first but it seems the color was starting to fade and I am not a heavy user I had the most basic limited plan I believe about 6 hrs of talk time per month and 200-250 text messages per month and I never went over with my plan. I only had it in case of emergency so maybe my enthusiasm for the phone could have been greater but if that was the case my usage would have been greater and the attrativeness of the phone could have plungered completly. This is a very high tech phone and I do recommend it for the features if there is a better make for this phone a more durable outside for this phone I would totally recommend it but this phone needs improvement on its durability for its price. I am wiling to pay for quality.

The perfect phone for entertainment.

from Kankakee, IL

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

I really enjoyed this phone. Its very fun and useful. If you ask me, its the perfect conbonation of a ipod ans a phone, and thats why i gave my ipod touch away. People of all ages who are looking for an entertaining phone can stop looking. Even my 56 year old mother loves it.

I did have a few complaints. It freezes, becomes unrsponsive, the icons will disapear, the 4g disapears sometimes, and the 4g somtimes can be really slow.

Over all, the phone was very amazing.

Samsung Galaxy S? Running Android? Sure!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

Samsung makes great phones no matter what design. Pair it up with the Android OS makes these phones better. I love the Galaxy phone series because of it's customizable OS and App Market. Better than iOS I might say

Samsung Vibrant....eh, it's decent...

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

The Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant smartphone is a high-powered, decent quality cell phone with the ability to personalize to your liking. You can add applications, like Words With Friends, Facebook, and even financial apps like Fidelity Investments and Chase Bank. This phone also allows you to download productivity tools, like ThinkOffice and Adobe Acrobat, enabling you to complete important tasks while on the go or upload/download documents when you need to (talk about being able to send your resume whenever you need to!). It has a couple of flaws, as with any electronic, because it isn't perfect. This smartphone tends to freeze alot if you have a lot of apps on it, and can slow down over a period of time. That is the only problem that I have had with the phone thus far, and have had it since prior to its release. Other than that, it is a pretty decent phone for the price you pay, and well worth it.

Samsung Mesmerize is A-MAZING

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

I am the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone, the Mesmerize for US Cellular and I LOVE it! This is a much faster phone that my previously held high HTC Desire. It also sports a larger screen with the amolded technology. Pretty quick to the touch and has a much larger internal memory than the HTC Desire. The android market is really stepping up and offering great applications for phones, many of which are free. The apps coupled with this great device make being in the know a breeze. The phone is super sharp looking with shiny black back, that easily snaps on and off. Another plus the included 16 GB SD card is NOT located below the battery, but can be removed without powering down the phone from a battery pull. The camera on the phone is great, with flash and zoom. It's a great all around device that does everything.

The Samsung Galaxy S is an awesome phone!

from Meadville, MS

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone:

The Samsung Galaxy S is my very first smartphone and I love it! I love that I am able to choose from hundreds, if not thousands of apps to make the phone personalized for me. I really like the slim look of the phone and the crystal clear touch screen. I like how easy it is to interact with social media outlets and how simple it was to set up my email and other accounts direclty from my phone.

One of my few complaints is the battery life. At the end of a day of moderate usage, my battery is dead. I don't even use it all the time - just here and there throughout the day and the battery will not last. I also don't like that you cannot use multiple emails on the phone. If you input one Gmail account, you have to complete reset to default to check another gmail account. That is very frustrating!