Other Smartphones:

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

A decent phone, but there are better and less expensive models.

Its Android OS is fast and efficient. The screen size is great, with crisp and clear pages. You can customize up to 7 "pages" on it to readily access your apps, utilities, etc. Like many of todays phones, it has capabilities that I'm not even aware of or using regularly. It will take some "playing with" to get used to its functions & features. It HAS dropped calls a couple times , but I cant say if that was becasue of MY phone/carrier or the other party's. The touch screen is very responsive, except on mine there is some kind of short or dead spot in the bottom right corner. Generally not an issue unless I'm doing a picture in "Draw Something". I also have it encased in an "Otter Box" carry case. These have a screen protector, but that is not the cause of the dead spot as It occurs OUT of the case as well.
One SERIOUS downside to my phone is lousy battery life. I have an "APP killer" app on it, which I use frequently so thats not the cause. I also do not believe the case is the casue of any dropped calls. I have not had any issues with overheating either. While this case IS rather large, it is very durable but adds more size to the phone in general. Some friends ask if I'm wearing some kind of mini-laptop/netbook. Being "Middle Aged" I like the larger screen size. Its especially handy when reading web pages. e-mails, etc. If you think back to the earliest "mobile phones", they were big and cumbersome. Phones then went in a downsizing trend, where smaller was better. This is larger than most phones out there now, but the screen size makes it worthwhile. I have larger hands so I dont have any problems with it. Thousands of Apps are available for those who need them. I personally only have about a dozen on mine and dont use ALL of them too frequently.
The camera is 8 MP and takes fantastic pictures. Video quality is also good. These cameras are better than many of the older digital cameras themselves were. I would prefer some kind of user interface for managing my media between phone and computer. I end up with multiple folders that I cant seem to migrate into others.
For those who are more techno capable, this might not prove to be a problem.
All in all, I like the phone and I did select it over the I-phone. I dont regret that per-se, but It looks like other companies have caught on and are making comparable phones that are equally capable, but less costly.
I would recommend this phone, but would also recommend doing as much research as possible and decide based on your needs and budget.

Not so great

As my first ever smartphone this cell phone does not fit any circumstances of mine besides the camera. The call quality is bad. It cannot run vine and onlive desktop. However the design is alright and this phone has an easy to use interface which are the reasons this phone didn't get a 1.

Battery Life
The battery will die by choice. If you are on the phone for 2 hours and your phone has an 85% charge expect it down to 30% by the call is over.

Display/Screen Quality
The Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket comes equipped with a 4.5 inch AMOLED display and the display is good for looking at photos and sometimes reading text messages.

Call Quality
This phone is not made for calling because you can hardly understand the person, even if the person is on the other side of the road it sounds poor. However this doesn't get a 1 because you can sort of understand the person calling you.

This phone is easy to use but I was a typical iPad user and was used to iOS 5 at the time but after a couple of months it got easier to use.

I am slightly impressed with the durability, one time I had a white rubber case on the phone when I dropped it on cement it only got a scuff on a corner. However it receives scratches overtime.

The design is beautiful, overall the shell of the phone is great. The battery cover has a nice dark modern wood looking feeling to it and the edges are round. Also the phone doesn't give any hesitation for you to get your outer palm of your hand cut.

Not so great

• Call Quality:

Samsung is loosing its edge

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

I have been a loyal Samsung customer for years. I have had this specific phone for 1.5 years, and have had problems with it from day one. In the beginning, I was very supportive of Samsung products- I wanted to stray away from anything Apple. This phone, however, has demonstrated typical problems that I have heard are frequent with the Samsung Skyrocket II. The picture quality is not great. The video feature is better, but you are not able to edit videos. My phone frequently freezes when I try to send a text- I have to clear or backspace for up to a minute sometimes in order to send a text. Dropped calls are common, and it's not the carrier, but rather the phone. There are also not many covers for the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket II, and the battery life is not good (I have replaced the battery several times in this phone). When my contract is up, I will not be purchasing another Samsung, and I do not recommend this phone to anyone.

Definitely a disappointment

from Burbank, IL

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

When I first bought the Samsung Galaxy S II, I was really excited about it. The allure of touchscreen and apps and Internet and 4G thrilled me. However, a few months into owning the smartphone, I started getting very irritated. It became very slow, taking forever to open up an application or close an application and sometimes it froze completely. It always froze at the most inopportune moments. Everyone is settled in, standing just right, to take a family picture, when all of a sudden, my phone freezes. It became really irritating and grated on my nerves because I would have to wait forever for it to return to normal, and sometimes even then I would have to take out the battery and then turn it on again. Although it was nice to be able to access the internet when I wasn't home, what was the point if my phone only worked when it felt the urge to? Another con to the Galaxy S II was that the camera quality was very poor. First of all, it took quite awhile when taking a picture to get one that wasn't completely blurred. You had to wait for the focus to turn green and who knows how long that would take. Unlike the Apple iPhone or iPad which take what seems like ten pictures a second, this phone takes about a minute to get ONE decent photo. If you're going to buy a smartphone, I suggest you pay the extra for a decent phone that will last longer, perhaps the S III or IV.

• Call Quality:

great phone battery life not so.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

Overall this phone does it all. Fast downloads, great features,sleek look. It operates fast and I can multi task from one program to another all ay the same time.

Battery Life
I have to always carry an extra charged battery. I don't play on my phone a lot. Usually I am checking emails, text and the weather all day long. Battery will last about ten hours. So by the time I am commuteing back home from work my phone is dead.

Display/Screen Quality
So clear and sharp. You also have many setting options to control its brightness which I love.
Picture look great and stretching an image always maintains it clear sharpness.

Call Quality
Clear calls. I blame dropped calls on my carrier not the phone. We all use different phones in my house and my phone stops the same as the others.

Took me a week since prior to this phone I wad an IPhone user. But once I got the hang if it it was very easy.

Besides battery life this phone has been reliable, great functions and durable. I am going on three years of heavy usage and still no issues.

So thin and lightweight easy to think you are not carrying your phone.

• Call Quality:

Great phone that can be rooted and customized in many ways.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

The phone has served me greatly. It is a great smartphone and you are able to unlock and root it to get even better functionality out of it. Currently there are many roms available for it that allow you to upgrade to the newest version of android.

Battery Life
A full charge tends to last a little over 6 hours. Unless you are unable to charge it for extended periods of time, the battery lasts long enough for daily usage.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is pretty good quality. I recommend getting a good screen protector since you might not want to damage it.

Call Quality
The call quality could be better. Sometimes people sound low and far away but that could be a result of the service in my area too.

Easy to use. Touchwiz UI from the start like all Samsung phones. Though we can install custom ROMs. AOKP and CyanogenMod allow for better customization and better user interfaces.

After using it for a year and a half, the power button seems to be acting up.

Basic smartphone design. The screen is a pretty decent size.

• Call Quality:

All the aspects and features are just great.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

The Samsung Skyrocket is a really fast phone. It has a big screen and feels light. It has sufficient capacity to store videos, photos, music, applications and much more. The phone never freezes or lags because it has a dual processor. The camera quality is great and It also records videos in High Definition.

Battery Life
The battery life is not stellar if you are actively using your cell or wi-fi signals but it works fine. Sometimes the charge drops down quickly and the cell is warm eventhough when not used.

Display/Screen Quality
It has a super AMOLED large screen which is perfect to watch videos, pictures and games. It is also more comfortable to type texts or e-mails.

Call Quality
You can hear the other person loud and clear and easy to understand.

Very easy to operate. Its very fast and it doesn't slow down if you have various applications running at the same time.

It has a plastic body. Considerably more durable than other fragile phones if it accidentally drops.

It has a slim design. Very comfortable to hold and has a good weight.

• Call Quality:

Durable but no battery life!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

Over all I love this phone! its very easy to use and I like the interface better than the apple IPhone 4. the app availability is very extensive and I enjoy that as well. hardware wise I find that it also crashes less than other phones I've tried, doesn't heat up like my other phones as well. I also Like the SD slot so I can increase the storage up to 72GB total! the Call quality is excellent and I never have issues being heard and the back camera is excellent. finally the phone is very durable, I cant count the number of times I have dropped and/or thrown this phone.

some disadvantages however are first and foremost, the battery life. unfortunately the battery capability is very much diminished over time and its to the point now that I can only use it for an hour or so at a time. although there are a lot of apps, many of them are very glitchy. Also the front facing camera isn't very good.

• Call Quality:

Almost 3 years old phone, but solid phone.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

This was my first touchscreen smartphone. I've had it over a year with t-mobile. Very responsive screen, google play has a lot of apps, from flashlights to different keyboards. I've since upgraded from Ice-cream sandwich, 4.0 or 4.1, to Jelly bean, which is 4.2. This upgrade is a definite improvement over ice-cream sandwich. One of the key changes was a pause button when recording videos or sound.

Camera is average, but this smartphone is almost 3 years old. Indoor and dark photos are big issues. Quality isn't that great.

But the screen is colorful and vibrant. It looks small compared to the new Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4. I think this is a great first touchscreen smartphone, not too expensive right now.

Battery life can last a day or two, depending on data/wifi usage. I go on wifi a few times a day, but always shut it off after usage. This lets me charge every other day.

Overall, very solid phone.

Stylish and smart. Intro to SMART phone

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

Beautiful Phone. I know they have S3 and S4 but this S2 holds its own. If your not dead set in having "the latest" gadget of the Samsung series this does the job. Sure youll be missing some features that the newer models but with Samsung dropping a phone every 3 months it seems like its kind of hard to keep up. Video is beautiful calls are clear and its not too big unless your trying to do a 2 for one. phone + tablet in one. All in all I have friends with S3,S4, Note2,3 and iphones. I am thoroughly satisfied with my S2. You can easily view photos, email , books and everything else with the beautiful 4.3 inch screen its big but not too big. Lightweight design makes talking for hours effortless. The battery does get worn out after a while. Some people forget to detach the charger once its full this in turn depletes the battery life. You can simply purchase an additional battery from amazon for about 10-20 bucks and your set. Youll be thanking me later or good luck keepin up with the joneses.

No complaints!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android Smartphone:

I have had this phone for a few years now and have no complaints. I will advise to not upgrade to icecream though - my husband had a lot of issues after he upgraded and advised me not to do so. I didn't and have not had any issues with it, other than slight freezing every now and then with it; but you can't expect complete perfection.

Battery Life
Batterylife isn't too bad, depending. When my kid plays games on it it'll last a few hours, when he doesn't, then it can go all day strong, no issues.

Display/Screen Quality
It has some pretty awesome graphics!!!

Call Quality
Call Quality is great when it works, which is way more often than not - but that can be an issue with the provider, not the actual phone.

It's really not that complicated... touch screen, calling and messaging features are nice, it's a great phone.

Better than an Iphone that's for sure, my son's dropped it a few times *knock on wood* and it's done great, Iphone gets dropped once and boom - shattered.

A very sleek, lightweight design, I love it.