Other Smartphones:
Samsung
EPIC TOUCH
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone

Pros

• Easy navigation (3)
  • Long battery life (3)

• Music (4)
  • Web browsing (4)
  • Gaming (3)
  • Making calls (3)
  • Organizing contacts (3)

Just Right

(3 reviews)

Large

• Quality connection (3)
    • Average (3)

Amazing phone!

This new Android phone is super thin which takes a little getting used to, but is very nice.

It also has 3G/4G speeds, optional Mobile Hotspot, video chat capability, a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and dual cameras. It is Bluetooth capable, which is a necessity with us.
All around this is a great phone for all of your multimedia needs. It's great for taking photos, videos, emailing, texting, surfing the net, playing games, watching movies, listening to music, downloading apps, etc, you can even use it as your GPS.
This phone is a an all in one deal....phone & computer in one (if you want it to be).

Battery Life
So far the battery life has been great; it lasts all day for email, playing games, reading news, etc. on the sprint network as well as our home wireless network. Although I don't have to charge it daily, I usually do so each day I start with a full charge.

Display/Screen Quality
Amazing! It has a beautiful 4.52” Super Amoled Plus touchscreen which is amazing.

Call Quality
Call quality if fine, I mainly use with my bluetooth.

Very easy to use, once you get used to where everything is located on the phone. lol

This has been a very durable phone, although I wouldn't recommend dropping it. Seems like it may break easily.

Very slim, attractive phone. Touch screen and apps galore available.

Not my favorite phone...

The large screen is nice, but my menu constantly pops up whenever it feels like it. This causes writing text messages, email, etc. extrememly frustrating.
The media volume is way...Read complete review

The media volume is way too low. When driving using speaker phone is pointless because the volume is to low even on the highest setting. We have to use my husband's Epic S I as an alarm or we'd never wake up.
The battery life is really poor, especially when playing games or being online. My phone stays plugged in most of the time. If I could afford a replacement or brsnd new phone I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Battery Life
Drains quickly when using the internet or playing games. My stays plugged in most of the time.

Display/Screen Quality
I hate the fact that the phone constantly dims it's self to save battery life. No matter how many times I change it to manual it chsnges it's self back.

Not hard to figure out.

Granted I have a screen protecter and safety case, it still seems pretty durable.

I wish the battery charger was on the top or side of the phone instead of the bottom. My cords are constantly being bent and pulled.

awesome

from Tripoli Enjila

About Me Student

Pros

• Big Buttons

Cons

• Screen Scratches Easily

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

I bough this phone it's so great

• Poor Connection

just awesome

from el kala

About Me Practical

Pros

• Brilliant Display
  • Easy Navigation
  • Great Battery Life

Cons

• bad design

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

this phone is pretty awesome i am loving this thing here s the deal with it its very very light you got volume buttons on one side power button on the other 3.5 millimeter headphone jack up top micro usb down the bottom you have also 1800 mah power battery when you fire it up boot up very quickly
its very colorfull and it is fast i dont know how much more i can say about how fast this phone is it s got a dual core exynos system on a chip in processor the android version 2.3.4 that is the latest version you can actually get storage got 11 gb and changeup internal storage and about 2 gb of actual programs you can put apps on the camera is 8 megapixel the only bad thing i didint like about this phone is the design

• Fair
  • Fast

Beautiful

from amazon

About Me Practical

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Good Interface w/email
  • Great Battery Life

Cons

• Nothing

• Organizing Schedule

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

It used two years ago is a wonderful and easy to use and light is the best Samsung Galaxy Products at all for me

• Fast

the best

from maroc

Pros

• Easy Navigation

Cons

• Screen Scratches Easily

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

this phone is great . essay to use. in one word this phone is awesome

• Average

I would buy this product again and again" "Too much whiz and

from algeria

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Big Buttons
  • Brilliant Display
  • Easy Navigation
  • Good Interface w/email
  • Great Battery Life
  • Great OS
  • QWERTY Keypad
  • Root
  • WiFi

• Organizing Schedule
    • Os

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

I would buy this product again and again"
    "Too much whiz and not enough bang"

LOVE IT..only a few issues

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

I have had this for almost 2 years. I love the phone and it is well worth the money.

Battery Life
    My biggest issue is the battery life. I have switched out batteries and still don't seem to have any luck. If you use this a lot at one time, it will be dead in no time! I would say you could have a 2 hour window of nonstop use before it begins to die.

Display/Screen Quality
    The screen is crystal clear and large. A great phone if you have trouble seeing things, as the on screen dialing buttons are large and the colors pop out.

Call Quality
    The only other issue, besides the battery life, is the volume for calls. The phone calls out nicely, but once connected, it is hard to hear the person on the other end. It is quiet and even at full blast, it isn't very loud. Speaker phone is about the same.

Although it comes loaded with apps and options, it is simple to figure out. For basic use, like texting or calling, it is self explanatory and for all other things, icons are labeled and easy to figure out.

Almost 2 years of owning this phone and it is still in mint condition. No scratches at all. It has been dropped (with no phone case) and it has never broken. I would say it's one of the tougher phones I have encountered.

It is very thin and lightweight. It is large enough to have a good screen size for viewing images but so thin that it's easy to conceal and fit into a pocket.

Comparable to S III

from Portland, TX

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

If you are thinking about purchasing the Galaxy S III, save your money and stick to the Galaxy S II. They are virtually the same phone with a few physical differences. The reason that these two products are so similar is that there are technological updates which you can download to your phone. Whichever phone you choose is going to have the same software on it, therefore providing about the same quality and same features as the other phone. The plus side about this phone is that it is less expensive than the Galaxy S III. I did, however, have issues with it receiving a good network signal. The battery life of this phone dies fairly quickly with all the apps and settings it comes with but you can change the settings to suck less battery life. The display and ease of use are about the same as other phones and are especially beneficial to those who have used Samsung cellphones previously. The durability and design are fair. I cracked my phone twice in 2 months so I can not say that it is very sturdy, but it looks decent.

Great until the update

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

I loved everything about this phone until I did my last update. After the long update finally finished, my phone was never the same. My phone would freeze every time I opened up a new application. I would try to restart my phone, but it would not register I was pushing the power button, so I would have to remove the battery. After the update, I waited two months and then had to buy a brand new phone because I couldn't deal with it anymore.

Battery Life
    The battery life was one of the best things about this phone. I could charge the phone overnight and it would always last through the whole day.

Display/Screen Quality
    The quality of the camera was better than what you get from most phones, but it wasn't the greatest for distant pictures.

Call Quality
    The sound was crystal clear when I played music and talked on the phone.

The phone was easy to navigate between the applications, but after the update, the phone was unusable.

I dropped this phone many times and the screen never cracked. I had a screen protector so I never had to worry about scratches.

• Call Quality:

this product helps me connect with friends and family.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

This phone is amazing it's fast it gives great service but I give it a 9 because it loses battery to fast and I always have to charge it every 30 min. but overall this product is good.

Battery Life
    the battery life is bad.

Display/Screen Quality
    I love the screen quality its not to big and not to small just right. good job Samsung :)!

Call Quality
    I love the calling quality.

I use it all the time. which is great!.

The design is great, but I give the design a 9 because i don't like how the power button is on the side.

Slick and "Epic" to use!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Smartphone:

The Samsung Galaxy SII Epic is truly an epic device! To start off, this phone is super thin and its not that big at all, so it can easily fit within your pocket which is really nice. If your one of those people who are into texting, then this phone is for you with its new innovative feature "swipe". What this does is instead of typing each letter while texting, you can just swipe your fingers over the letters and the word will automatically appear. This feature saves you a heck if a lot of time, especially when you are texting a long message to a friend or family member. Whats great about this is that it doesnt have to be just used for texting, it can also be used for searching online as well. So this saves a lot of time. Another thing is that you can basically turn your phone into a mp3 device. The Galaxy Epic have a nice music app where you can store all of your music on it. Plus, with the amount of storage that comes with it, you can store over 300 songs easily! Its really nice, especially if your a on the go person like me! Overall, this phone is really great and you will love it!

Battery Life
    This depends on what you do on your phone of course. For me, all I do is listen to music and make calls so the battery lasts for a long time for me.

Display/Screen Quality
    Great screen quality and display. You can easily see everything easily

Call Quality
    The calls are great and clear. No problem here.

Really easy to use. You can put the apps you use the most on the home screen so you wont have to go through the apps folder to find it.

I dropped my phone without a case on concrete 5 times and I only have one small crack on my screen. This phone is strong.