4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

The Samsung Fascinate does everything but your cook and clean!

After dealing with a phone that would constantly drop calls and re-boot for no reason at all (LG enV touch), my husband decided it was time for me to get a new phone.  He has been an iPhone user for 2 years now, and I have to admit, I've had a bit of "iPhone envy."  I wasn't sure I was ready to get a new phone because my current carrier (Verizon) doesn't have the iPhone yet, but my husband encouraged me to go to the store and check out their options.  When I saw the Samsung Fascinate, I think it was love at first sight, and my husband, who loves his iPhone, liked the Fascinate so much that he decided to get one, too (thank goodness there was a Buy One, Get one free promotion!).

I love to text and my previous phone had a full QWERTY keyboard, so I was worried about going to a phone that only had a touchscreen keyboard...until I discovered the "swype" feature.  With the "swype" feature, you basically take your finger and move it across all the letters in a word and the word magically pops up.  Sure, it's not 100%, but it's pretty close and now I'm texting faster than ever before!

I'm also a bit of an internet junkie and I love to browse online.  I like to have internet access (and quick at that) wherever I go.  The Samsung Fascinate has not let me down.  I've been able to access the internet via the 3G network pretty much everywhere I've been (even on road trips where we were driving in the middle of nowhere) and the response time is super fast!

This is my first experience with an Android phone, and the availability of free apps is incredible!  I love, too, that I can personalize my phone and have easy access to the applications that I use most often.

The only downfall in my opinion is the battery life.  I use my phone A LOT for talking, texting, and browsing online and I find that I am constantly having to charge my battery (sometimes more than once a day).  Thankfully, I've got a car charger and a charger at home and work, so this hasn't been a major issue for me yet.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

1.) The first time the phone hit the ground i had a crack that branched out across my screen.
2.) A memory card is a must, because the internal memory gets...Read complete review

2.) A memory card is a must, because the internal memory gets full quickly.
3.) It throws an error message every few minutes(regardless of what im doing on the phone,including talking)that reads "googe play services are not resonding," and the only options is the "force close" button. I have went to the "task manager" (in the phones settings)multiple times, and ended all my task, and it will STILL throw that error!!!! How could i possibly have an error on something that im not even using at the time,AND after i have SUPPOSIDLY ended all my active applications?!
4.) Its hard to actually enjoy playing games, because it freeze frames while the game is still going on.
5.) The phone has anywhere from a 30-45 second delay, CONSTANTLY!

All in all i enjoyed this phone for the first month or two that i had it, unfortunately as soon as i started downloading games(actually ANY apps) the phone will start slowing down, and will progressively get slower,with literally EVERY app downloaded,every picture or video recorded!
This phone has turned out to be the ABSOLUTE worst phone ive ever had!
The ONLY 2 things that i can say(in complete honesty)that i liked about this phone, is that it is the perfect size touch screen phone( it fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, and can be controled with one hand.) The other possitive is it is pretty!

Superb cell phone. :)

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

I love this phone, it's a lifeline for me. My best friend and I talk so much on our phones. We got matching phones. It's our only thing to connect us together nowadays. We used to talk a lot more, but just receiving a text message from her makes the world go round, you know. This phone is super easy to use, the call quality is pretty great. I love how long the battery lasts, most phones nowadays if you have apps and such in use even for a little while the battery drains within and hour or two. This one lasts longer, it's pretty amazing. I've dropped this phone a lot, I'm an accident prone person and I need a phone that I can drop numerous times without it cracking or breaking. I hate having a phone when you get it, drop it once and then crack the screen. Spider cracks are the worst, but with this phone it doesn't crack so easily. Overall I would give this phone a 10/10 because of it's amazing features and the life of it.

• Call Quality:

Very good phone for new smart phone users.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

This is my very first smartphone and I couldn't be happier with it. Although some features took some figuring out, for the most part it was easy to learn how to use most of them. The battery life could be a bit better but the touch screen is awesome and responds very well. Apps download super quick and have not had problems with any of them and I love the ability to post pics and video right to my facebook. Very reasonably priced and I like that it is on a pre paid network as well. Would definitely recommend this to new and old smartphone users alike.

Battery Life
Tends to need to be charged more than I would have hoped, but I use alot of apps so I probably burn through it more than some people would.

Display/Screen Quality
Very good screen. Easy to see most of the content. Takes really good photos and videos.

Call Quality
slightly muffled if you use the speaker phone

Very easy for new smart phone users. My first one and I have not had many problems figuring it out at all.

Haven't dropped it yet, so I can't really say.

• Call Quality:

Great phone, great plans to go along with it

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

I'd prefer using this phone than using an iPhone due to it's features and speed. It has great coverage and features wifi-calling to save some cash on the phone bill. It's not too big and not too small. The graphics are top-notch and I would recommend it to friends.

• Call Quality:

Its the little things that matter

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

Overall, I love this phone it is amazing, best smartphone I have had to date :)

Battery Life
The Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate is indeed an amazing phone, and I love mine. In face I have been very happy with every Samsung phone I have ever had. But, sadly, yes there IS a but, because as my title for the review mentions "its the little things"; the battery life on the Fascinate, and every other Samsung I have had has been lacking. If I am not doing anything with it yes it will hold a charge. But its a smart phone folks. I want to be able to go online, run applications, text, talk..... I want it all and not at the expense of my battery life. In app or online be it 3G or Wi Fi the battery just drains. You can almost watch the bar go down as you are reading your e-mail as quickly as possible. In conjunction with that, the charger ports seem to go out easily as do the sd cards, but knock on wood that has NOT happened with my fascinate and I oh so hope it does not. As I said, I love this phone, to the moon and back, its just that pesky battery losing juice till I can't do what I need to for fear of then not having a phone to call from in an emergency. I would recommend this phone to anyone, but especially if you are not online on your phone or playing on apps much OR have access to a charger more frequently than I do. But if you are are a phone internet junkie, or love Candy Crush crazy games it might not be the best just for this one reason :( Sorry Samsung, I still love you.

Display/Screen Quality
Coming from a legally blind person, I think the screen display and quality is great. It seems clear, and I am sure most people would have NO problems with reading text or seeing pictures or video. I love it.

• Call Quality:

Samsung Fascinate was good, at first

from Castle Hayne, NC

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

I loved this phone at first. It was my very first smartphone and I loved how it could do so much. A month after I first got it, I started having problems with it. I still have this phone since I paid so much for it, but if I had the choice again, I would have done my research a little more before picking this phone out.

Battery Life
This battery will only last me half a day, if I am lucky. And that is without me playing or talking on it. If I do anything else on my phone, I'd be lucky to get 2 hours of phone life out of it. It's been this way since day one.

Display/Screen Quality
The display on it is awesome. Full color and screen quality is so much better than my previous cell phone.

Call Quality
Sometimes the calls are great and then sometimes I can't even pick up signal at all. It's not the area that I am in either since my husband has the same service and never has a problem.

A little more complicated to use as compared with a regular cell phone but that is to be expected with this one being a smart phone.too. The Andoid marketplace is super easy to use

I've dropped this thing several times. The back always pops off and it will lose the battery but that's easy to just pop right back in. I have never had the screen crack on me. I do have one little scratch on my screen but it doesn't affect the visiability of the screen.

The design is small but the screen is a decent size.

Mixed feelings about Samsung Fascinate

from Tarboro, NC

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

The Fascinate from Samsung is a pretty cool phone. I changed from Blackberry to the Android system when I purchased this phone and I definitely prefer the Android operating system. The phone is lightweight, fairly easy to navigate and has lots of memory and even more when to pop in a SD card. The Google Play Store is awesome! It offers seemingly endless apps that can be easily downloaded and download times are remarkably fast. A major improvement over Blackberry's application offerings.. My one major complaint is the battery life. My phone will not hold it's charge for more than 10 hours, even with all unused featured disabled. It requires me to fully charge it once per day. I had my battery replaced and nothing improved. This is extremely frustrating. It could just be that I received a defective phone and others may not have this problem. Overall, this is a good phone. It would be great if the battery life was not an issue. I would recommend discussing battery life in depth with the salesperson before purchasing this phone, though.

• Call Quality:

Needs a lot of improvement to fully qualify as a 'smartphone'

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

I think Samsung Galaxy S is a good phone for voice and texting usage, but needs a lot of improvement to fully utilize the 'smartphone' capability.

Battery Life
Battery was already dying after just over a year of usage

Display/Screen Quality
Screen freezes randomly when using apps. Need to remove battery as there's no way to get it responding again.

Call Quality
Call quality is good. I think this phone is good for the normal voice call and texting usage.

If used without a phone cover, it's difficult to keep it from slipping from the hand.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

2.) A memory card is a must, because the internal memory gets full quickly.
5.) The phone has anywhere from a 30-45 second delay, CONSTANTLY!

This phone has turned out to be the ABSOLUTE worst phone ive ever had!

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

It's what i expect i guess. I like the phone and it has not failed me yet. Good service and battery life is normal.

Battery Life
It has an average battery life. which works with me.

Display/Screen Quality
vey clear, everything is crisp

Call Quality
no droppped calls, no static or fuzziness

i can use it pretty good. just need to know how to use it like a computer

stands up to me

wish it loooker cooler

Quite Fascinated!!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate Smartphone:

I really loved my Samsung Fascinate! It was a very durable phone as I dropped it SEVERAL times! The battery life was normal, I needed to charge it everyday. I did love that I didn't have to have an otterbox to protect it. It has some great apps as well! Very similar in capabilites to the Iphone.