4.1
I897
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone

4.1

Pros

• Big buttons (3)

• Gaming (3)
  • Making calls (3)
  • Music (3)
  • Texting (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Student (3)
    • I received a sample (6), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

Built in GPS makes ladies happy.

This is a christmas present for my wife and she loved it to the death not becuase it is her first smart phone but it has built in GPS. which worked well after installing fix provided by samsung. She used to call me 3 times in a day for directions but now not getting any call from her so I do not know where is she during day :).  I played with it little bit but open source andriod os gives more flexibiliy than IOS. It has 5 MP camera with 4x zoom , really good quality pics and videos. Another cool feature I found is TV out from 3.5 mm phone jack. you can watch video on your TV from this phone , just awesome. IPhone 3G S does not have this feature. Andriod App market place is cool not compare to Apple store but still suficient enough. Having AMOLED display makes it sleek but still can not beat Iphone in screen resolution. Over all it is a second best cell phone with all Google app loaded. Voice search from google is little fussy but still it works after 2-3 trials. Batter is the only con in this phone. As soon as it activated , we started playing with it and with in a day it just went down, need to recharger again.

Samsung Captivate - Balanced Between Good and Bad

I got this phone the day that it came out, so I have had this for 6 months now.  I really do enjoy it; the apps, the android system, the clear screen with really nice video, the sound quality is amazing for a phone.  The camera is actually pretty nice, it takes really nice photos but of course there is no flash so you have to make sure you have good lighting.  I have used the video camera and it's great as well, takes very high quality videos and the sound is clear.  The swype is amazing!  I love this feature because its so fast to type and now I can't live without it.  The browser is alright, but I think it's more of the 3g's fault; it's not that fast.  The 16Gb of storage is great with exandable storage.  It's also easy to hook up to your computer with the usb cable that comes with the phone.  There are cons; the phone does take quite a while to boot up because of all the apps it is trying to open; I have tried the GPS (google maps version) and it always put us on the street next to us and would rarely put us in the right place.  Sometimes my phone will freeze, usually takes a minute to catch up with itself and then it will be fine.  And I don't know if it's just the first round of phones that came out but me and my husbands phones will randomly shut off, usually it will be after we completely charged the phone.  I did a hard reset on mine and it happens pretty rarely now but it still happens.  But I don't know if they fixed that bug after a while.  I've seen other people having the same problem when I searched around the internet.  Otherwise I really do like this phone.

Iam not buy this phone

from iraq

About Me Student

Pros

• Brilliant Display
  • Easy Navigation
  • Great Battery Life

Cons

• Poor Interface w/email
  • Poor OS
  • Screen Scratches Easily
  • Small Buttons

this phone very bad

• Compact
  • Fair
  • Average
  • Easy To Use, Takes Poor Pictures

hhhh

from san fierro

About Me Student

Pros

• Big Buttons

Cons

• Difficult Navigation

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone:

bad

• Bluetooth Connectivity:
  • Poor Connection
  • Data Connection Speed:
  • Slow
  • Cell Phone Camera:
  • Hard To Use

I love it

from morocco

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone:

this the best phone in the world

i like buy this model because nice

from zraoua_tunisia

About Me Business Professional, Gearhead, Parent, Practical, Student

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Big Buttons
  • Brilliant Display
  • Easy Navigation
  • Good Interface w/email
  • Great Battery Life
  • Great OS
  • QWERTY Keypad

• Organizing Contacts
    • Organizing Schedule
    • Web Browsing

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone:

nice i love my mobile phone i'm very happy

• Large

from ca

very good

amazing mobile galaxy s Captivate Smartphone

from algerie

Pros

• Big Buttons

Cons

• Dull Display

• Facebook
    • Web Browsing

amazing mobile is fantastic

• Just Right
    • Quality Connection
    • Average
    • Easy To Use, FANTASTIC
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Amazing phone that last for a very long time.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone:

I love this phone, I got this almost 3 years ago, it was given to me by my dad, he decided to buy me this phone because it was very popular at that time. I wasn't considering of buying any phone, but when we went to At&t there was a representative there that assisted us on what we were inquiring. The representative was attentive, he answered all our questions and it turned out that he had the same phone. I asked him if he enjoyed it and said he's very satisfied. He even showed us how strong the phone was, he threw it a couple of times, the second time was almost close to their door. He even showed how scratch proof it was, with no protective plastic on screen, he took a blade and tried scratching the screen until we were satisfied. I bought it the same day and even now I still have this phone. Dropped it a lot of time (by accident, of course) but still working, no damaged done, none at all. Amazing! I put a screen protector because I like it like that. Put a case, I guess I'm a bit moe careful than the guy at At&t. Even now no scratches, no ding, no dents, no problem/s at all. Pretty amazing phone. My parents have iphones and they are so jealous how I can do so much on this phone. Transfer songs without Itunes, download so many FREE apps, bluetooth is amazing unlike iphone, bigger screen, i can add micro sd card anytime I need more space. the resolution is so awesome. I can keep going. My dad is offering me an ipod, and i said what for, this phone is my radio, camera, tv, social networking, everything i would probably need. I hear other galaxy phones are great, im still having doubts of letting this one go.

Battery Life
    As long as you put the brightness and screen timeout to the lowest and it'll last a day or two. Depending on how you use your phone.

Very clear, no complain.

Call Quality
    I love the speaker.

Good Smart Phone

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone:

My Samsung Galaxy S Captivate is a great phone for the cost. The screen is very clear and the audio quality is great. Being my first smart phone, I have been extremely pleased with its performance and would readily recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to start.

Occassionally, when trying to operate the touch screen one-handed, touch isn't correctly detected. I attribute this more to my way of holding the phone than a defect of the phone itself, but it has become frustrating when needing to use the phone with one hand while cooking/driving/etc.

Overall a great product.

from Pekin, IL

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone:

I have had this phone for about 6 months now and I love it! It takes great video, photos, and has a ton of other features, as well. I did do my homework before purchasing a smartphone, as I didn't want to be disappointed. I am very happy with this phone overall. The only problem that I've had with it is that it will occasionally freeze up on me. It's only happened a couple of times and is easily remedied. Simply remove the battery and replace it and it unfreezes. Since my original purchase, my husband and my son have both purchased this phone! Hope this helps with your purchasing decision!

Very clear and bright

This phone was surprisingly easy to learn to use. It is my first smartphone and I was somewhat intimidated, but was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I caught on and adjusted to it. I'm not usually very quick to adapt to new electronic devices.....

• Call Quality:

Samsung Captivate is a Great, reliable fast phone!

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Samsung Galaxy S Captivate Smartphone:

The Samsung Captivate is, hands down, the best Android phone on the AT&T network to date.  Let me go through some of my impressions after having owned this phone for a few months.

Build Quality - The phone is a sturdy piece of hardware.  It's got a metal battery cover and there are no parts that feel too flimsy or plasticy.  The shape of the phone gives it a sleek feeling and makes it seem thinner than it actually is.  The color choice is absolutely spot on, making the phone a sexy piece of hardware that you would want to have.

Operating System - The phone has android, what more is there to say.  The google operating system gives you a lot more flexibility and control over the customization of your phone.  Unlike the iOS, you can have widgets on your home screen, which can display things like weather, messages, the time, battery life info, post it notes, bank info, social apps and the list goes on and on.

Performance - The phone is fast.  Maybe not as fast as the iphone 4 is, but its still up there.  When the phone gets android 2.2, it will probably fly.  The touch screen is responsive and is easier to use than on the iphone4 because of its larger, more vibrant 4" screen.  The screen itself is gorgeous and is REALLY bright.  Browsing is more enjoyable on the larger screen and this lends itself to support display of fuller websites, and with the introduction of 2.2, flash content as well.  The camera is 5mp and shoots high quality photos.  The only gripe I have is the leaving out of a useable flash.

Overall - This phone is the best phone I've had to date.  It's my first smart phone and I'm am completely satisfied by it.  If I could, I'd buy another!

Battery Life
    Once you flash a custom ROM the battery life improves exponentially. I can go 3-4 days in standby with minor use (texting and checking email) before I need to charge again. With the stock Android OS, it's terrible.

Display/Screen Quality
    Absolutely stunning screen. Vibrant colors, very clear, more usable in sunlight than most devices.

Call Quality
    Whether its on stock or a custom ROM, call quality is good.

Slap a screen protector on it and you're good to go. The back gets some scratches, but overall it's pretty resilient.

Thin, light, large screen, responsive touchscreen, great color with an amazing camera.