3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

The Samsung Galaxy Is An Outstanding Phone

I've owned the Samsung Galaxy Precedent for several months now and it is an excellnt phone. I love how it holds a charge for days on standby. If I talk for several hours then the battery is still at 85%. The internet speed is outstanding and I've never had any trouble connecting. I will say that this is my first smartphone and I found the touchscreen for text messaging is hard at first. I kept hitting the wrong letters because my fingers just aren't use to using a touch method. I like how you can speak into it to look stuff up online and you don't even have to type. I was able to download apps with ease and I've never had a dropped call yet. The phone does have terrible ringtones out of the box. I suggest downloading an app for more ringtones. The volume is nice and I can clearly hear everyone loud and clear. The screen size is perfect and not everly big or too small. The photos I take turn out very clear. I love this phone.

Battery Life
I don't even have to charge it every day. It will last for 3 days on standby.

Display/Screen Quality
Screen is very clear and not too big.

I can always hear people loud and clear

Text messages were odd to type in by touch screen when I first started using it. I love how easy it is to make a call.

I think the phone is durable but I do suggest a case for it.

The design is great and the camera is clear. I like how I can charge it with an added USB port on the side.

Not worth the money or trouble.

I have had this model now for about 10 months, I absolutely hate it. At first I thought that I was just having troubles because I am electronically challenges. So I gave it time and read the manual. I bought 2 phones at the same time, one for me and one for my fiance. I continued to have issues with it, not getting calls, getting the voice mails from those calls a day or 2 later, no getting any text messaging. I had to keep resetting my phone and I did not like that. That mean that I had to readd all my contacts again and any information that I had. I even tried changing my card that I had for extra memory. That still didnt work. Now, here we are 10 months later and my phone is shot. I have to keep it on the charger almost all the time, I barely get a signal, it constantly shuts off and restarts, and it freezes up. I have stopped playing apps on it most of the time because they are slow. My fiance, husband now, has had some of these same issues but not near as bad as me. I may have got a deffective one, but still he has issues as well, so I would deffinately say that it is part the phone. I have talked to other people and they have had some of my same issues. I highly recomend that you avoid this phone at all cost. It is not worth the headache, trouble, money, or the chance that you may be in a bad situqation and need a phone and unable to use it. Reasearch all phones as best as possible before making your decision.

Battery Life
I have to keep it plugged in now at all times. It does not hold a charge and the battery gets very very hot.

Display/Screen Quality
It has good picture quality but not good enough to overshadow all the bad with the phone.

Call Quality
Half of my calls dont come in most of the time, so it is deffinately a poor for me.

It causes me to stress and get headaches just trying to figure this thing out and try to use it.

Surprisingly it is very durable. I have dropped it off of my balcaony and it still works.

Its average nothing special about it.

One of the best affordable Androids

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Precedent Smartphone:

This is one of the best functional and affordable smart phones available. The Google Play Store is awesome on this phone!

Battery Life
Its battery life has a decent amount of time on it as long as you're using it moderately.

Display/Screen Quality
The LCD screen has a very high picture quality. What it has to offer makes everything look real life like.

Call Quality
I have never had any problems with any calling features with this phone. All of the settings work very well.

No headaches or regrets for this phone. Even a first time user would be able to get the hang of it even though it is a high quality in phone, because the Android icon on the home screen offers a very good tutorial wizard.

This phone new or used provides good function and can last a user a long life of the phone itself. Unless you are using it also for a hotspot other than making calls or/and in those jeans and other little activities and applications this phone has to offer, it very durable.

It has become a very common piece of equipment and is very attractive
to the eye of its beholder.

• Call Quality:

Cheap made bad plug in port

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Precedent Smartphone:

I have owned two of these phones. Both quit charging in less than 4 months due to the charging point.

I had problems with the phone not wanting to run apps . It would get super slow if you downloaded more than a few apps.

Both Samsung precedents I owned did not last very long at all. I was sorely disappointed in this phone.

Prett Good Phone

Pros

Cons

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Precedent Smartphone:

I had this phone for a few months and it was a pretty good phone. It was better than I expected it to be because it didn't cost that much. It had a really clear display screen and y pictures were very clear. The camera was great, I just didnt like the fact it didnt have a flash. I was able to download all of my favorite apps with ease, but I did have to buy a separate SD card because the phone is a little low on memory.

• Call Quality:

a good smartphone that does not have the unwanted extras

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Precedent Smartphone:

i have had this phone for two years now. so far it has worked for me and i havent had a problem with it. it is a great phone but i do have a couple problems with it. like the battery power isnt good and its only 2.3 operating system so you cannot download some of the apps

• Call Quality:

Good for your first android

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Precedent Smartphone:

This phone is not bad for a 2.2 android. I like it and it is very durable even though I have dropped it tons of times. I had a couple of problems with it though. I was disappointed at the camera and how i ran out of room just trying to update facebook or download specific apps. Another thing was the temperature. After using my phone for thirty minutes my phone gets really hot. I always check to see if there was anything wrong with it and there was not anything wrong. The worst thing that ever happened was when my phone magically turned on and out of silent when I was at school. I literally turned it off then at the end of school it was on and I had only seven percent battery left. Overall this phone was good for what it was worth but started to have many issues five months after I bought it. I have asked people who have had phones like this before and they said none of that happened. Maybe because I got mine from ebay.(It was new when I brought it.)

• Call Quality:

Not worth the money or trouble.

Call Quality

Its average nothing special about it.

Great starter smart phone

from Maineville, OH

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Precedent Smartphone:

Great phone if you are new to the smart phone market. Going from a basic flip phone to this is a huge improvement. Battery life is not as great as I would like, especially if using the 3g or wifi features. Camera does a surprisingly good job, takes pretty clear pictures. Some newer apps do not work on this version of the android platform, Shopkick app is the one that I have found so far to date. Phone seems to hold up good, I have dropped it several times and have had no issues with it. So far happy with the phone

Looks good, no complaits

Call Quality
        occasionally loses service in unexpected places. This may be due to the Sprint towers it is running off of. Actual quality of call is good, clear and crisp

takes some getting use to, once dialing a call, phone automatically locks, this is irritating when checking voicemail. have to unlock and bring keypad up before being able to type in voicemail password.

The Samsung Galaxy Is An Outstanding Phone

from Chattanooga, TN

Battery Life
        I don't even have to charge it every day. It will last for 3 days on standby.

Display/Screen Quality
        Screen is very clear and not too big.

I can always hear people loud and clear

I think the phone is durable but I do suggest a case for it.

I love this phone!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Precedent Smartphone:

I have a Blackberry and a Droid 2 and still keep going back to this phone. Easy to learn, to text on, and the volume is probably the best of any phone I have had. Easy fit in pants pocket to free up hands

I have dropped many times... hasn't failed on me

• Call Quality:

Good quality, practical phone.

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Precedent Smartphone:

This phone is very functional and easy to use.

Battery Life
        I find I am having to charge it sometimes, everyday but at least every other day.

Display/Screen Quality
        Has a good size screen and the images are very clear and easy to read.

Call Quality
        My last phone had a constant echo which meant I had to keep "rebooting" it to get clear calls.

It was very easy to learn to use. A few things i went back to the manual for but most things were self-explanatory.

I have only had it for 2 months, it does have a couple scratches on the screen (my fault) but other than that, so far so good.

I like the design, it is comfortable to hold and it looks good.