Other MP3 Players:

Samsung Galaxy Player

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

So much better than an iPod!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Player:

I have owned the Samsung Galaxy Player (5.0) for over a year. It love the larger screen, the ease of adding music, videos, photos, apps, etc. I was able to "root" the device (unlike Apple products) and over-clocked it slightly to increase performance. To compare this to an iPod is literally Apples and oranges!

Battery Life
Initial battery life is OUTSTANDING! After much use, it does diminish.

Misused frequently by my 4 year old grandson and is no worse for the wear

Hey...it's Android! Couldn't be easier.

Samsung Galaxy Player is more than just an MP3 Player

from Portland, OR

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Player:

I received the Samsung Galaxy Player 3.6 as a gift. I thought a wanted a tablet but this is perfect because it is small enough to put in my pocket or purse. It is a WHOLE lot more than an mp3 player. It is basically a tablet. I can download android apps, surf the internet, take pictures & videos, and of course, listen to music. What I love most about this device is that it can be used as a PHONE! I use the app Google Voice to text. I can text ANY mobile number as long as I have a wifi connection and Skype can be used for calls. I also use the facebook messenger app occasionally. It works really well for me because I have an internet connection almost every where I go so I don't need a smart phone. I just use my Samsung Galaxy Player. My only complaint would be that the battery runs down fairly quickly if you use the internet quite a bit. If you are thinking of getting a tablet or even a smartphone, definitely consider the Samsung Galaxy Player.

A Mobile Device without the Phone

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Player:

I bought it (3.6" version) about a year ago and it still works great. It is not a phone, but a smart touchscreen device that has wifi, GPS and even a radio. So it is better than an iPod in terms of features. It has cameras at the back and front and Skype works well. The battery life is not that long - about 24 hours when wifi is turned on and much longer when it is turned off. It supports a micro SD card. The speakers are fine. The processor is not the best but it gets the basic work done easily and plays Youtube and Xfinity well, although battery life drains during video playback. Overall, it is good small device to keep in your pocket without taking up too much space.

• Battery Life:

I loved my Galaxy Player!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Player:

I received a Galaxy Player as a birthday gift, and what a great gift it was! It is basically the iPod Touch of Androids. I also own an iPod Touch, and even though they are so similar, I could find many things that I was able to do better with one than the other. Overall the Android was much more versatile. I do feel that Android's app store could be improved. There are not as many high quality apps as the Apple app store. I also think that the battery went down a bit faster that I would have liked, and took quite a long time to charge. Also compared to the iPod Touch, the Galaxy's sound quality is horrible...Another thing: I dropped my Galaxy multiple times, and it barely got a scratch, where as my iPod Touch now has a cracked screen....

Sound Quality
Average, but nothing compare to iPod.

Doesn't lag or crash nearly as much as iPod Touch, and has a much better interface for email.

Battery Life
Battery life is mediocre....takes a long time to charge.

Very, very durable. Dropped more than once, barely got a scratch.

Easy to use for most, but not as straightforward as Apple's iOS interface.

Good, but a bit bulky/heavy.

Fantastic value!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Player:

It is an absolute steal. Better than the ipods, and it's cheaper too! I bought this a year ago, and it is still going strong. I love Android, and it gives you everything a phone can, without a monthly contract. I got a few apps to allow me to text and call for free when I have wifi, so I don't even need a phone anymore. the charger is the simple microUSB, so whenever I forget my charger at home, I can ask a friend to borrow theirs. I watch youtube and play music on it, as well as play games, surf the web, check email, all the goods.

Sound Quality
Pretty solid sound. The headphones it came with were comfortable too!

Very strong. Faster than my old iPod by a lot.

Battery Life
It has pretty solid battery life, but if you let apps run, it will drain.

The back cover is plastic, not glass, so don't worry too much about dropping it a few times.

Just like any android, simple to use, but has many features you need to discover yourself :) It's a true journey to learn how to use your device best.

sleek. Good contrast of colors (screen black when off, white back).

• Battery Life:

One of my favorite things

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Player:

Absolutely adore my Samsung Galaxy player! We own two and both are amazing. After burning through 2 iPod touches in two years because they are not durable, we have had our two Samsungs for well over two years.

Android device that works on nearly every app you could want. There are some not compatible, but not many. Picture quality is amazing, the ability to add extra storage via sd cards?! Genius!

Sound Quality
You can listen to nearly everything with no speakers or headphones. Only some YouTube videos are hard to hear.

The galaxy has never slowed down on me and continues to outperform nearly every electronic device/tablet/laptop/computer that I own

Battery Life
Unless you are streaming a bunch of music or video, battery lasts for DAYS!

Can't even begin to count how many times my 7 year old son has dropped it. Not even a scratch on the screen.

My son could use it at age 5.

Depending on which size you get, some are more convenient than others. It just depends on your needs. I love how they have different sizes available unlike iPod touch.

samsung galaxy player 3.6 in worth the money

from Wellsville, UT

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Player:

We bought this for our eleven year old daughter for Christmas and have been very pleased with it thus far. She loves it and uses it quite often, sometimes too much as with all kids and their handheld devices. We have not had any problems with this unit as we have had with our son's 5 in player. The sound quality is good and the picture quality is as well. We are also pleased that we were able to purchase a program in which we can closely monitor the sites and usage to protect her from things that she should not be exposed to.

love this mp3 player

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Player:

I bought this for my daughter. I wanted something smaller than a tablet, but didn't want a smartphone. I feel like it can basically do everything a smartphone can with out the phone. I like that it is android based. It is the perfect size as well, since it is a little bit bigger than my phone