Other Smartphones:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

Excellent quality, especially for clumsy people!

I've had this phone for over a year now and I genuinely love it. It works and responds quickly, it has all the features that a smartphone should, and it functions efficiently. Sometimes certain apps can drain the battery a bit too quickly, but it's also quick to charge back up. The most important thing for me, though, is that it is RIDICULOUSLY durable. I am extremely clumsy and I drop things all the time, which means a phone that doesn't break easily is so important to me. The phone has a rather flimsy-seeming backing, as in you can literally bend it a good 15-20 degrees, so I was a little worried, but I've been so pleasant surprised by how indestructible it is. Not that I've tried to destruct it, but I have dropped this phone many, many times (including one time that I somehow sent it flying across the room, or that time I dropped it on pavement and then stepped on it), and the most it has to show for it is a few very slight, non-obstructive scratches on the plastic border and the screen. Meanwhile, my sister's iPhone fell out of her pocket once and rendered the entire thing unusable.

The only other thing I feel I should mention is that the camera is not superb or anything. I think it does the job fine as a casual photographer, and the focuser is pretty nice and with luck and a little know-how you can even take a very pretty picture, but this is definitely not one of those phones that you buy for the camera, you know?

Battery Life
Be careful about having too many apps running!

Display/Screen Quality
I like my screen verrrry dimmed sometimes, and I appreciate the control over that. Also, compared to my sister's phone, the colors are lot more vibrant.

My only wish is that you could be able to delete apps from the home screen using the shortcut buttons, instead of there simply being an option to remove the button from the home screen, but that's such a small complaint that I still give it a 5!

Excellent 4G device but needs extended battery

We currently have an unlimited data plan and in order to keep it and not be forced to join a new shared-everything plan, we have to pay full retail for new phones or find others means of obtaining phones. I was lucky enough to find a basically brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I also own a Samsung Galaxy S3 and love it so I thought this would be a good new 4G smartphone to add to our plan. The phone and its features and fantastic, it's everything you'd want and expect in a "newer" model phone. It immediately installed the latest version of the Android OS and away we went. It takes fantastic photos and the call quality is excellent. The reason for my rating is the stock battery. I am guessing this is why you can find this phone on many auction sites, etc. -- people were not pleased with the battery performance. In the first few weeks of ownership the phone had to be charged in order to keep service in the evening, and needs to be charged each night. I researched and discovered that in addition to third-party extended-life batteries, Samsung released their own extended battery for this device which includes a new battery door cover. The issue with some of the third-party batteries is that the door they come with causes many cases to no longer fit. The Samsung battery comes with a door and the existing case will still fit. The price I paid for the phone and extended battery is still much less than buying new off of the shelf or having to change plans. I will likely sell the stock battery and recoup some of the cost. The phone performs much better now and can easily make it through a full day of use, but needs to be charged each night. That to me is reasonable. If the phone had come with this size battery to begin with I would increase my rating to a 4 or 4+.

Battery Life
The stock battery is woefully insufficient.

Great Nexus phone with the pure Google experiance.

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

I have mine flashed with a Kit-Kat rom and it is smooth and fast even though Google has given up support for it. I have the GSM Version on T-mobile and it is fast and and reliable. The battery life is pretty good with the rom and kernel combo i'm using. It has the Nexus 5 feel and experience. I will be keeping this phone til I either loose or break it or it dies. The battery is removable but there is no expandable memory. It has internal 16GB of memory which I think is plenty since there really isnt much need to store music on the phone. Google Play Music stores all your music on the cloud for free. I like that the charging and headphone ports are on the bottom of the phone together. It sucks having a phone where you have a wire sticking out of it on both the top and bottom. Having them both side by side on the bottom is better. The external speaker is clear and loud if need be. It has a forward facing camera for hangouts or skyping and an indicator LED for messages. The phone has not failed me yet and I would recommend to anyone.

Battery Life
Good battery life with the right rom. I had mine go two days from full charge to almost dead before.

Display/Screen Quality
The OLED screen is so nice, the main reason I am sticking with Samsung phones. The blacks are as dark as they get.

Call Quality
Same as any other phone I suppose.

Button placement is perfect and screen is very responsive.

I dont used a case and this thing has no scratches yet.

A Very sexy phone. Love the curved glass and the textured back.

• Call Quality:

Great phone that managed to stay relevant for quite a while

from Lake Station, IN

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

While it was announced recently that the Galaxy Nexus is no longer receiving official updates it still remains a phone that stayed relevant among a plethora of newer phones that followed. I have owned this phone for 2 years and during that time I have highly enjoyed the GNex. Because it's getting cheaper and cheaper to buy this phone these days, especially used, I would recommend this phone to anyone looking for a solid Android device. It is better than almost all entry level phones being released two years after its own release.

Battery Life
The battery is pretty good and when instituting some battery saving settings (syncing turned off) it actually gets incredible battery life for a smartphone.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is actually a little grainy when on automatic brightness. It's easy to see past this when using the phone. Not a deal breaker.

Call Quality
I've never had a problem with the call quality.

If you love stock Android the GNex is hard to pass up.

Not the most rugged phone, but it holds up to everyday abuse.

Not the prettiest phone but it is understated and not flashy. It's far from an iPhone as far as style points go

• Call Quality:

great phone, great price!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

This phone is highly recommended. It has basically everything you need, it's fast and has the latest updates from google. the phone is fairly thin, but it has an awesome big screen. it has a great front camera and an ok camera for the back. It is 5 megapixels, which is fine for most things, but other phones have better higher quality cameras. I would say the battery could be better, but I usually keep this charged overnight and it can last a whole day with internet. If you are using 3g then it will drain it pretty quick and you will have to charge it at least once during the day.

Battery Life
battery could be improved, but there is a removable battery

Display/Screen Quality
one of the best screens out there

Call Quality
the call quality is good as you would expect

the phone has android, if you are used to it, then it should be easy to use. even if you come from another os, android is easy

it is plastic, but it can take a beating

very thin, and the plastic back actually makes holding the phone with ease

Good Starter Smartphone

from Kinston, NC

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

First off, it is a good smartphone and pretty easy to get used to and how it works. This is no Samsung Galaxy, Samsung Note or Apple Iphone, but it does do the job. It does not have all the bell ans whistles of those others, but it has enough for those who don't need that, but just want reliable smartphone or a smartphone to try out before moving up to the big boys.

Battery Life
Short battery life. Really battery life depends on what use the phone for such as: playing games, texting, taking pictures, etc. The more use it, as with any smartphone, the quicker the battery will die. I do good to make it through a workday without having to charge mine. I don't run as many apps or do as many things with my phone, like my husband does. He has the same type of phone and he can lose a charge in a matter of 3 hours. He makes use of a lot of apps, texts constantly and plays games on it. So, I get about 10 to 12 hours out of normal use and he gets much less.

Display/Screen Quality
Great screen. HIgh quality and impressive.

Call Quality
Great call quality. I feel call quality can also depend on your carrier, but the phone plays a part in that. Everything sounds clear, no crackling and people can hear me clearly.

Pretty easy to figure out the basics with this phone. The sliding screen can somtimes not cooperate and will not reconize your finger, but I have found if I keep the screen clean that happens less than if the screen is smudged and dirty.

If you drop it on the cement you might break it or not. I dropped mine and the back came off, but it still works great and since then I have bought a case for it.

Large screen, Google experience

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

Use with a TPU cover, still small in my hand. Screen crisp, responds quickly to touch. Web browsing no better than any other phone tried.

Call Quality
Use Sprint, some calls better than others.

Bounced around in bag and pockets, dropped a few times.

Feels good in hand. still small enough to carry in a belt case.

Awesome phone!

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

the only thing that prevented it from getting a 10 is the battery life. This is a great phone and it truly delivers the user experience that you would expect from Samsung. The Android system is easy to use and more intuitive than IOS in my experience!

• Call Quality:

My favorite smartphone so far

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

I have had this phone for just slightly under 2 years and with all of my previous phones I was more than ready to switch. Other than the battery which is very easily drained, I have no other complaint and am hesitant to change devices.

Battery Life
The batter is easily drained. If my kids play games for 30 minutes the battery is nearly depleted. I have chargers at home, work, and in the car to help with this problem but it makes me feel dependent being able to charge it all the time.

Display/Screen Quality
I think this has the best screen/display of any phone I've seen. Much better quality that the Iphone. The pictures are crisp and clear.

Call Quality
There are times that it works better as a small tablet than a phone but I am not sure if that has to do with service or the phone itself.

My 4 year old had no problems using the phone or the apps and even I didn't take long to learn.

I have it in a case mostly because I am accident prone but the screen is scratch free and I haven't had any issues.

I like the size and the weight. It fits in my hand and doesn't hurt my wrists.

Nexus phone left behind

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

This phone was ok for awhile but quickly showed it's limitations. There was not quite enough ram which would cause apps in the background to constantly close requiring me to restart the app. The camera isn't too bad actually and is really good in most light conditions, but it doesn't take too great of pictures in the dark. The network was constantly switching between 3G & LTE which could cause it to lose signal and stall on webpages or apps, but this might have been an issue with verizon. The biggest issues were the random reboots and the poor battery life. I had to buy two extra batteries as I could only get 4-6 hours of use on a regular basis. The call quality was OK from my end, but I regularly had the other party on the phone say they couldn't hear me even though I could hear them fine.

Battery Life
Not very good for a newer phone.

Call Quality
Generally OK but did get dropped calls and had the other party claim the couldn't hear me now and then.

Great Ideas Sometimes Don't Pan Out

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

I bought this smartphone because I bought into the whole idea that it would get the newest fixes and updates for the Android operating system. I also thought the idea of a curved screen was an awesome idea to keep the face free of scatches. I was also enthralled by the idea of Near Field Communications. I have Verizon service and evidently they are the slowest to approve of updates so that selling point was unrealized. I learned that the gorilla glass that my previous phone had with no scratches after 2 years couldn't be used because of the curved glass and scratches appeared right away and I had to put on a protector. The curved glass was to keep the surface from laying flat on the desk and getting scratches this problem has been solved in new phones by adding a very small lip on the phones so the new phones have the gorilla glass. I have never used the Near Field Communication yet it sounded so great but I have no place to use it at. So all those reasons didn't pan out. It still works good and has survived some drops without cracking the screen but I wish I'd waited for the S3. The battery life is the worst at about 7 hours of normal use.

Battery Life
My wife has the S3 and hers lasts all day mine has to be charged on the car ride home after work for me to have any battery to talk to friends.

Display/Screen Quality
It has a very nice screen and its display is quite nice.

Call Quality
Can't get a signal sometimes where an iPhone can but if it has a signal it doesn't seem to affect the quality of the audio much even with just one bar.

The volume control and the power button are across from one another so sometimes turning on the phone you accidentally crank up the volume, that is not good when it happens at work.

It has taken several falls and no cracks. It does have scratches that look terrible when the phone is off but when the screen is on you can't even see them.

Great Phone

Comments about Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone:

Overall this is a well designed phone.. I use this phone for everything from checking my email to playing google play store games.

Battery Life
Needs a longer battery life but overall great

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is typically the right size I like the bigger screen on this phone

Call Quality
The call quality is good as long as I am not in my home it is probably my area of residence and not the phone but could use a little improvement with how loud you can make the ear peice

This phone is one of the most simplest phones to use. It was not very hard to figure out and even my 4 year old daughter can work this phone

This phones durability is amazing I am prone to dropping my phone all of the time and it only has a little scratch on the croner.

I love the thin design with this phone although it is tough at some times to hold on to it it just slip[s right out of my hands