4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Efficient Washer

I've had this washer now for about 2 months and it's been great.

I've had this washer now for about 2 months and it's been great.

The unit is very quiet compared to the old Maytag unit it replaced.  Compared to more expensive models, the washer has only the basic functions (with variable control over spin speed and soil level within the presets)

This is an HE washer so it uses less water and electricity to operate than previous models.  My electricity bill has been cut by about 30% due to the change in washer (although I did replace the dryer at the same time, although it is gas).  The new HE washers require a different type of soap (HE specific) which is designed not to foam as much as the standard soaps.  As far as I know there is no way to "convert" your standard soap to the HE variety so it likely will mean that you have to throw out your old soap and purchase the newer HE compatible soap.  I've found the prices to be slightly higher than normal soap but as there is no way around it, I don't have any choice (still with the energy savings it still comes out cheaper)

Samsung WF210 wash temp leaves me cold

I purchased a Samsung WF210 washer and discovered that on my new washer the hot and warm water wash cycles only used cool water. The hot water wash cycle used mostly cold water with a bit of hot thrown in, resulting in a very cool wash temperature, not hot as labelled on the temperature selector.

I called 1-800-Samsung and they arranged for a service call. The repair man agreed that the water was far from hot, or even warm for that matter. He had no idea of how to resolve the issue and left saying that he would need to contact Samsung technical support and would get back to me in a few days.

I called Samsung to report what had occurred and they advised me that since I was still within the 30 days of the date of purchase, the store was obligated to replace the washer with a new one at no charge, since this one was defective. I called the store and they did replace the washer.

I received the second WF210. Once again, the hot water wash does not function and uses mostly cold water. I have run through all the cycles and options and there is no hot or warm wash water for most selections and the warm rinse is cold. Even when the hot wash is selected, the machine draws mostly on cold water to fill - fill being a very loose term since so little water is actually used. I did a load last night and the clothes soaked up the small amount of water such that there was none left to slosh around at all. Normal and heavy duty cycles provide only cool wash water on the hot and warm cycles.

Strangely, the only cycle that produces a warm water wash is the delicate cycle, yet the delicate cycle does not allow for a hot water wash selection and will only spin on low. And of course the warm rinse is actually cold. The delicate cycle is also the only cycle that uses sufficient water. It is about 2-3 times the amount of water that is used in heavy duty or normal cycles. So it would appear that the machine is capable of using more water and doing a warm wash, it just won't do that so any other settings. I am already trying to find work arounds to do my laundry with this brand new machine.

I suppose I could live with a defective machine and do all my laundry on delicate, except the wash cycle is shorter, lighter and it will only do a low spin. Also, the rinses on all the cycles are very low in water (far less again than the delicate cycle) and the so called warm rinse on all cycles use only cold water. So I would have to manually do an extra rinse and spin on another setting every time I do a wash, and I would have to do that twice to get a proper rinse. This is really defeating the purpose of an automatic washer.

Clearly there is a programming and/or sensor issue of some kind. My water connectors, water temperature and pressure have been professionally checked by a plumber and are fine. The user manual specifically states on page 35 that the temperature range for hot is 105-125 degrees F while warm ranges from 85-105 F. My machine wash water on hot does not even reach 75 degrees F.

In addition to no hot or warm wash, the wash cycle on this machine is too long. How a machine that takes 2-3 times as long as an old top loader can be energy efficient is perplexing indeed.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Samsung trying to determine the cause of the temperature problem. It took an hour to make it to "Tier 3" to try to get an answer to my question - "Why is any cold water being used on a hot cycle?" I asked them to ask their technical experts if this is part of the design or truly a defect in the two machines. They put me on hold over and over again. Unable to provide me with a proper answer, the Tier 3 customer service rep told me that I should have researched this better before purchasing. Imagine that! Who would I research it with? Not even Samsung employees could provide me with the details I needed. Furthermore, she said that it says on the machine "hot/cold", so therefore it is correct for the hot wash to be cold. Clearly hot/cold refers to hot wash/cold rinse. This is the level of expertise one gets from Samsung at Tier 3 - apparently the highest level of customer support.

Also, it is recommended to periodically run the washer with hot water and bleach to eliminate mildew and mold. Perhaps Samsung can explain how to do that with a washer that refuses to run a hot cycle. I understand that some models have a built in heater but from the reviews online, if one uses this feature laundry will take 2 hours to complete.

Unfortunately, far too many people are trusting that what they purchase will function as presented and are probably unaware of this problem because they haven't checked the washer water for themselves. Most probably do not have the excessive number of hours it takes to run the cycles to check if they are functioning properly.

So two washers with the same problem indicates a design issue. Samsung is producing an inferior product that it is selling too customers under the guise that the washer can do a hot water wash. From my subsequent internet research, it may be that Samsung washers are intentionally designed to use virtually no hot water on the hot and warm cycles to meet energy efficiency standards. Clearly this whole energy efficient issue is one that industries are trying to capitalize on. However, if the washer is unable to do hot or warm washes, then it shouldn't be sold as being capable of doing washes on different temperatures when it can't. Samsung is being deceptive about their product.

I would love to hear from a satisfied customer of this washer that they are actually able to do a hot water wash. At least then I would know it is possible!

a wahing machine that is worth the money

from Wantagh, NY

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

Overall a good machine. We bought this after our last machine was lost in Sandy. It was our first front load machine and overall I am satified with it so far.

Energy Efficiency
I am told this would be more efficient than our last machine but I have to say i don't see a noticable change in our energy bill.

Cleaning Time
This machine seems to take a little longer than my old machine but, I had a top loader with agitator so that may make a difference. I also think it hold more than our last machine therefore it is understandable why it may tak a little longer.

Cloths come out clean and its so easy to use. The only thing I am concerned about is when it is finished there is still water on the door which I always feel like I have to wipe off to avoid mold and mildew growing inside my machine.

All the settings are easy to use with no confusion.

I like the way it spins the clothes and levels them out before starting the water coming in. It is great that it has a child safe lock feature and chimes when its done. It is a bit big but it does hold a lot.

So far so good but I haven't had it too long

• Cleaning Time:

Great washer for a great price

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I am a big fan of Samsung, I own everything from their phones to TVs to washers and dryers. I have used this washer for over 6 months now and am really enjoying it. My clothes come out clean and smelling fresh. The front loading aspect is good for larger loads. I have fit a queen comforter and sheets in here comfortably. The washer’s vibration reduction technology works well as I have no problem with the vibration of this machine and this does not shake my house as other front load washers might do. I also really like the sanitize function since I work in a hospital and who knows what germs I bring home everyday! I really like the modern design and the ease of use. The buttons make it feel more high tech and simple to use.

Energy Efficiency
I can't really say since this is my first washing machine in a new house but it is energy star qualified

Cleaning Time
The cycle might be a little longer than other washers, but the spin cycle drys clothes more so there’s reduced time in the dryer.

Cleans very well with very little noise

The buttons make the washer seem a little more luxurious while still being simple to use

This machine looks sleek and high tech

It seems solidly bulilt

• Cleaning Time:

great machine that needs a little work

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

Overall, this washing machine has been great for my family of four. It cleans well, is easy to use, and is not as noisy as some of the other front load washing machines I have had in the past. However, recently as it is getting older (5 years now) it is starting to move a lot when in motion. The only other complaint I would have is it does seem to take longer sometimes for the cleaning time than other washing machines I've had in the past.

Energy Efficiency
It seems to be pretty energy efficient. No complaints.

Cleaning Time
Depending on the cycle, etc. it may take a bit longer to clean the clothes than with prior washing machines.

Pretty easy to use once you do try it once.

We've had this washine machine going on 5 years and it is starting to malfunction a bit - starting to walk when in motion, etc.

• Cleaning Time:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

This is not the best of machines. Over time, I have learned to deal with it. I purchased it on sale as a Black Friday special deal and knew nothing of front loaders at the time. While it has good features and looks great, I'm not a big fan of how it cleans. For starters, it uses less water and doesnt really ever get a deep thorough clean. Also, you have to leave the door open when not in use or you will get a funky mildew smell in the barrel. Basically what little money I save in water expenses, I over exceed in costs for vinegar and bleach and time and energy!

Energy Efficiency
According to the little pamphlet that came with the machine, I save money.

Cleaning Time
The regular cycle takes 54 minutes! This is way too long. I watched the barrel fill up with a trickel of water and swish around the clothing inside. This seemed to take forever and was rather annoying. If it used just a little more water, the clothing would be idealy wet enough to quickly wash the clothing more effectively.

I'm not happy with the removal of stains. I pre-treat my clothing by hand and then have to throw them in the wash on the regular cycle and say a prayer that the stain will come clean. I never had this problem with other washing machines in the past. Also, the area where you fill the machine with detergent/bleach/fabric softner, fills up with a pool of water as the machine washes and residual water remains in this chamber even after the cycle is complete and the load is done. I often have to run vinegar through the machine because an odor developes because the water doesnt completely drain out. What a hassel! I do like, however, that the clothing is near dry when the wash cycle is finished. This really helps to cut down on the drying time in my dryer.

It is a machine with not a lot of bells and whistles, yet simple and easy to use.

The machine looks great. I however feel that the soap compartment and the barrel need to be rethought on their design as their minor flaws are causing a mildew odor due to poor drainage of water when the cycle is ran. This machine is designed to save people money, but if you have to run the sanitizing cleaning cycle to clean the machine once a week, how much water and electrcity are you really saving? My hot water heater gets a workout!

I am pleased with this.

Great washer

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

Overall I've been very happy with this washing machine

Energy Efficiency
I can definitely tell a difference in my energy bill since I've been using this washing machine. The settings allow you to customize each load so you can use the least amount of energy possible.

Cleaning Time
I like that there are different cycles with different lengths. My favorite cycle takes just under an hour which is reasonable. The heavy duty wash takes over 2 hours. I think that's too long.

It works pretty well. When I use the normal wash cycle things aren't always completely clean. The heavy duty cycle works to take care of those items but I wish it wasn't necessary.

Very easy to use and customize options.

Its holding up great so far.

Great High Efficiency Washer

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

This washer is a great buy. Solid construction, good features, and easy to use.

Energy Efficiency
It has cut our water bill in half as well as reducing our electric bill. The washer spins extremely fast so most of the water is out of the clothes before you even put it in the dryer.

Cleaning Time
Most cycles run about 45-50 minutes which allows you to do a lot of laundry in a short period of time. No more waiting around for the wash to finish!

The washer gets our clothes clean and the spin is great to help reduce drying time.

It can be a little confusing right at first with all the buttons and options but once you've used it a couple times, you get to know which settings are the ones you'll use consistently.

It is a beautiful looking machine and the placement of the buttons and knobs are perfect.

So far I have not had any issues with the washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Gets my clothes clean and fresh

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I've had this washer for a little over a year now without a single problem. It's great for washing big comforters and blankets because the front load design doesn't have the space consuming agitator.

Cleaning Time
Takes a little longer than other washers I've used but the extra time is spent on the spin cycle so the clothes come out less damp which means they spend less time in the dryer.

My husband goes hunting and is in the Army and puts his clothes through some nasty stuff. My Samsung washer gets them clean every time.

If my son was a little taller to reach the soap drawer, he could run it by himself...and he's only 3. Unless you need to change the settings (which is simple to do), you just have to push two buttons to get the load of laundry washing. One to turn the machine on and one to start it.

The downside to a front load washer (which I'm sure is true no matter the brand) is when you start the load and then remember something you forgot to put in. Once the water starts on the load, the Samsung will lock the door so that you can't add anything else. The lock does come in handy because I would probably try to open it and make a mess trying to add that extra sock.

Love it, works great!

from Corpus Christi, TX

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

My old washer finally died and I wanted a front loader. The low water usage is great because we are on a septic system and water well. I had been hanging my clothes out to dry, but now with the super duper turbo spin cycle, the clothes are almost completely dry coming out of the washer and I only need to use the dryer for about 10 minutes.
Would recommend getting the stand or if you have a handy hubby like mine have him make you one. Only regret is I didn't check on which way the door opened and wish I had got one that opened the other way.

• Cleaning Time:

Samsung Front Load Washer is the best!

from Landrum, SC

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I recently purchased the Samsung front loading washer and I love it! I wouldn't have any other washing machine!! I love having the front loader its so nice to not have to bend over to put my clothes in. Its easy also to add the laundry detergent just open the little door and pour in thats it. I love the easy touch buttons. The only negative thing is to keep the door open so the machine can dry or it will smell like wet dog. This washing machine is also very quiet I love it!

Great Washing Machine!

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

We moved into our new home this summer, and it came with this Samsung dryer. I have LOVED it so far! It is so quiet, I can barely hear it washing my clothes, and the alert is quiet enough that it won't wake my baby, but I can still hear it. The only issue we have had so far is that occassionally it gets a little smelly if you dont let it dry out after a few washes. Also the control panel has shorted out once, but it seemed to kick back in after I started a new load. The washing times are a little longer than my old machine, but I dont really mind that. I would definitely recommend this washing machine!