Other Washing Machines:

Samsung Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

This amazing Samsung High Efficiency washer is feature packed!

This Samsung High Efficiency front load washer is loaded with all the advanced features for today's demanding families while looking out for tomorrow's through the use of ultra high efficiency operation and low impact on the environment. This washer features Samsung's VRT Technology for operation so quiet it is even suited for a second floor installation. This Vibration Reduction Technology also means a smoother operation and less stress on internal parts. The Samsung features 10 wash cycles and includes a special Woolmark wash cycle which has been approved by the Woolmark for the washing of machine washable Woolmark products provided that the products are washed according to the instructions on the garment label and those issued by the manufacturer of this washing machine. This Samsung will use just as much water as needed to properly wash your laundry saving thousands of gallons of wasted water annually. It also uses very little electricity saving hundreds or more over the life of the washer. There is a special Child Lock feature that prevents the accidental pushing of buttons while the washing machine is running and the door will not open unless safe to do so. This Samsung High Efficiency washer has a built in water heater to boost water temperatures to sufficient levels as to properly sanitize your laundry. This is an extremely easy to set up washer and is stunning in it's simplicity of use. The various wash cycles come with predetermined settings which can be changed by the user to customize the wash to suit their personal preferences. This is a high capacity washer at a full 4.0 cubic feet of stainless steel space enough for a king size comforter allowing you to do fewer loads of laundry saving energy and precious resources in the process. You can set your laundry to start at a time convenient for you or for when electric rates are lower. Digital timer tells you how much time is left in your wash allowing you time to do other things by taking the guess work out of doing laundry. Customizable signal level to inform you when the wash is done is a pleasant musical tune, gone are the days of those obnoxiously loud buzzers. This washer is available in various colors to match any decor. This feature packed washing machine comes with my highest  possible rating and is at the forefront of technology to save you time and money while taking some of the work out of doing laundry. If you are in the market for a washing machine, this one should be right at the top of your list!

I am so disappointed in Samsung!

This washer will not work in a room that is below 60 degrees. Our washer gets stuck on the spin cycle and will not complete the wash. When the samsung techs first told us that this was because the room was only 57 degrees we thought they were crazy, but sure enough it states this in the owner's manual and the wash does complete when we use space heaters for a few hours before doing the laundry. I think this should be communicated to anyone wanting to purchase this washer for a basement or laundry room which is not heated to the same degree as the rest of the house! I would have expected more from samsung.

Overall a good machine after 5 years

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

We would buy another Samsung based on our experience.

Energy Efficiency
This is a very efficient machine and cleans well with only 3 gallons per wash cycle and 3 gallons per rinse. Most of the water is in the bottom of the tub so some users are concerned that they cannot see the water. The machine still washes well.

Cleaning Time
This machine does not run cycles as fast as some newer models.

The cleaning ability of the machine is as good as our top loading machine. It does a good job cleaning clothing that has received proper spot pre treatment.

Easy to load if you have a pedestal. Somewhat low if no pedestal.

Controls are easy to use. Has good self diagnostics on digital readout. Detergent drawer leaks if using powdered detergent. Plumbing system for drain is prone to clogging between tub and filter. Tends to scale up badly inside tub and plumbing if using hard water. Definitely not good if lots of hair or hard water in the wash.

No mechanical problems after 5 years of use, except for clogged plumbing between the tub and filter.

Great machine

from Bladenboro, NC

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I've had this washing machine for about 6 months now. It was a replacement for another frontloader that I had that was no longer working. I love the ease of this washing machine. There are three seperate compartments on the top left to load in your bleach, washing liquid, and fabric softener. On the right are the temperature and load controls. I find this unit so easy to use. It's a very quiet machine. It's located near our dining and living area and I never hear it during use. It does have a buzzer that you can set if you want to know when your load is done but it's quite loud and always alarms me so I keep it off. I think it's a great value for the money spent. My clothes always come out clean. I have three messy young children and dirt, mud, and food very easily wash out of their clothing.

New owners

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

So far so good! We love the design and how wonderful it works with different clothes and load sizes! Samsung is a great brand and also energy star. I would highly recommend this model to anyone in the search of a great, reliable washer and that also has a great,sleek look.

Love it!!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I Love this washer it fits perfect in my laundry room. I love the look n color..makes my laundry room look very stylish.. The washer is very quiet..which is nice. I can fit a ton of itmes on a big load..I even was my huge king size comforter n it washes it great..I love how it uses less water 2..very nice washer..

Horrible Washing Machine

from Clio, MI

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

Fell Apart after five years it is sitting on my porch

Energy Efficiency
Takes over an hour to wash anything. It says 40, but then goes for one and a half hour.

Everything looked dirty after washing. Sometimes the thing would rip holes in our clothing too.

You have to remove the soap dispenser according to their own customer service to empty the excess water left behind each time. About a cup of water after each wash. In and out (with the part). Its about 12 ? long and a huge part of the front of the unit. The top left you can see on the picture where the handle is. the entire thing has to be removed and pulled out after each wash.

Very bad design...since the water never empties from the soap dispenser and it rips clothing.

Five years the top is scratched horribly and the rust is thick on the front. The plastic door (looks like glass), is also like a film look on it. Almost like steam all the time. You can't clean

• Cleaning Time:

Good Value basic front load washing machine

from Natick, MA

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I have owned this washing machine for almost 2 years and, knock on wood, have had no real issues with it. It was purchased to replace an old top loader which was showing it's age and attempted to walk across my floor on spin cyces despite much tweaking of its feet. The washer has multiple setting that are chosen using a front mounted digital knob. The settings seem to adjust default times and temperatures but I have not been able to discern any difference in the actual movement of the drum. It has "VRT" which is Samsung's vibration reduction, varying speed of the spin cycle if it detects too much movement. Even with the much higher rpm of this machine on the first floor of our house, it remains relatively quiet. It does vibrate, but given the wooden floors I am not surprised. Still very tolerable and it gets the clothes fairly dry. Wash cycles can be longer than with a top load washer though, so don't expect laundry to be done quickly. One of the cycles is a sanitize cycle that uses a built in heating element to bring the wash temperature up to about 150 degrees. This cycle is 2 hours. There are no highly specialized settings such as Seam cleaning, but I figured I would not need that when I made the purchase.  The other feature that comes in handy with a young child around is the child lock which will not allow one to open the washer while a load is being washed.  Being a high efficiency washer, you are able to use less detergent than a normal top load. I usually go to the first line on the cap. There is a drawer on the top left front of the machine where you put wet or dry detergent, and bleach. Because the water runs through this section to disperse the cleaning agents, it is not uncommon to have standing water in there. The drawer is easil removeable however, so you can dump any remaining drops of water. As with most front load machines, there is a rubber gasket that surrounds the door, keeping a tight seal when the wash is going. Water can remain here after washing a load, so I use a paper towel to wipe around the ring and also soak up any water trapped on the bottom. I find that if I do not wipe and then close the door, I get a blast of musty air the next time I use the machine.

Still like the machine and still deal with a musty smell after use if it's not fully dry before closing the door. So we leave the door open for a while. Have not had any issues yet, knock on wood.

Cleaning Time
All front loads seem to have longer wash times so I did get used to the 1hr+ runtime.

clothes come out fresh smelling and clean. Large comforters(queen+) are a bit hard though as there just doesn't seem to be enough room for it to tumble and get good distribution

It's a washing machine with a dial and easy to read buttons. No issues there.

so far so good

• Cleaning Time:

Don't gamble with this washer

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

Well we purchased this models set samsung and it was delivered february 8th, 2009 and the washer never completed the spin cycle from the moment it was delivered. I love the dryer but after several calls, several representatives, and 2 repairsmen I told sears I wanted them to replace the entire set and they agreed. However, I am at a stand still because I do not know what brand to purchase next :( I have narrowed it down to another samsung set higher quality better rating and a bosch. I love the way samsung appliances look and it is hard to overlook it and go with another brand. I have conducted a ton of research on both brands and now I am tired and just want to get a new set in ASAP. Any recommendations?

The Samsung High Efficiecy Frond Load Washing is quiet and sing

from Cartersville, GA

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I think the front loading Samsung washer is one og the best on the market, We tried Maytag first but it vibrates all over the laundry room.

The Samsung washer offers more options and is extremely easy to operate, It is very quiet, even the vibration noise isn't that bad. The spin cycles are great! Cloths come out almost dry, so it doesn't take as much time on the dryer,

I would recommend this product to anyone,

Hesitated to buy a front loader, but glad I did!

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

Found myself needing a new washer and checked out front loaders, largely because of

their appearance and ease of use.  I am handicapped and need to sit for most tasks.  The Samsung front loader is extra large capacity and I have to continue to struggle to add more clothes to each load because I am always worried about overloading.  Not to worry, though.  This washer gets things super clean with so little soap and water.  The spin cycle - which I've never had trouble with - leaves the clothes so close to dry!  It was pricey but if you shop around and even haggle with the salesperson, you can get a deal.

My Samsung Front Loader is beyone awesome!!

from Greenfield, IN

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I was finally able to buy a front loader, and after researching, we bought this Samsung.

I love that it has such a large capacity.   Conserves so much water, and uses so little detergent.

We bought it in red, and I am in laundry heaven! :)   Oh, and it is SUPER quiet!