4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

My new Samsung washer takes the drudgery out of washday.

I did a lot of research on washers and dryers when we moved and had to replace our old ones.  The Samsung models came out at the top of the heap in comparison to several other brands.  Some of the complaints I found repeatedly in other front-loader washer models was the instability during spin cycles (dancing washers), and the problem with mold around the door seal.  Samsung touted the VRT - Vibration Reduction Technology - which is supposed to eliminate vibration.  I have to say that it lives up to its claims.  No dancing washer here.   Also, I don't have a problem with any mold or smelly growth on the door seal.  I always leave the door slightly ajar between uses.  When I'm able to afford it, and we're in a bigger place, I will most likely invest in the platforms that go with the machines.  They are rather low to the ground without.  But that's the only little drawback I've had.  Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my machine.  It has all the cycles I could ever need for any type of laundry, it's quiet - sometimes I have to go look at the control panel to see if it's still running - and it's very water and energy efficient.

It broke after 2 weeks and warranty support was very unhelpful

I thought my samsung washing machine was great until it stopped working after two weeks. I called the warranty number and they said that someone would call me to arrange to fix it. No one called! I called again and they said the same thing. Still no one called. Finally they gave me the name and number of the subcontractor that "should have called me". I had to call them. When the technician came out he didn't even know how to turn it on. Couldn't fix it because he didn't have the part. I was promised that the part would come on Saturday - it's now Sunday no part. The Technician won't come back until I have the part.

Don't buy Samsung!!!!

Samsung replaced LG

from Akron, OH

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I had my LG Washer/Dryer set for about 6 years... sadly a broken bracket on the drum made it to expensive to fix my LG Washer. My in-laws bought us this washer as a replacement. It is a nice looking washer & works well. It does get the clothing clean, but the washing times are extremely long... most loads take over 1.5 hours to get through because we have kids who get dirty & we use the extra rinse since I have a few with sensitive skin & we have to make sure the soap is out good. I can dry almost 3 loads of laundry to washing one :( The only other issue I have with how it runs is how much it vibrates when it is running... it is hard to keep it level and on the blocks we have in the basement. The old one I didn't have that issue with. Another thing I find strange, but doesn't really effect how it runs is the done ring-tone. It doesn't beep or buzz, it plays a song... which most of the time can't be heard in the mix of all going on in the house. All in all - it's not a bad washer, I just miss my old one even after about 6 months of owning the new one.

Energy Efficiency
Takes a long time to run, so I fell it use a bit more electric then it should.

Cleaning Time
Takes a long time to run it's cycle - usually over 1.5 hrs.

Gets stuff pretty clean.

Very nice looking.

Seems to be durable, but shakes or vibrates more then I expected during it's cycles.

Laundry Smells, More Trouble Than a Top Loader

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

So this is the first front loader I have owned, and it has not convinced me that these are better than top loaders. The water efficiency is great. The ability to wash yoga mats and things that can't get churned up by an agitator a plus. I cloth-diapered, and the sanitize function was a lifesaver there. But it is a struggle to keep this machine from smelling and to get laundry that smells clean and fresh. We keep the door propped open like you are supposed to, and thank goodness the laundry is in an area where our toddler cannot go, because this is just a huge safety concern with a child around. I had to keep switching detergents to overcome an unpleasant smell that overtook clothes that sat in the closet for a while. Never had that problem with a toploader, ever. Cleaning out the rubber ring is a hassle and a half, and despite my best efforts, the machine kind of smells. Emptying out the tray at the bottom of the washer is a mess and a half, as no matter how well prepared I think I am with towels, water floods across the floor anyway. Poorly designed element right there. Next time I will get a toploader.

• Cleaning Time:

I've been happy with this washing machine.

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I got this washing machine about 15 months ago, so I feel I am qualified to give a review of it.

Pros:
1. Fits a lot of laundry--my laundry has been cut in half and that alone is pure bliss to me.
2. Uses less water and requires shorter drying time.
3. Has many different cycle options including sanitize, bedding. quick cycles, and even steam cycles

Cons:
1. It takes a really long time to wash clothes--the difference is somewhat made up because the dryer takes less time, but especially when doing bedding or sanitizing, it takes forever.

Some complaints I heard about when I got the washing machine is that is starting smelling mildewy, but we've not experiences that. We always leave the door either all the way open, or slightly ajar and have not had a problem with it. Overall, I have been happy with this purchase and would purchase again.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

No complaints after a year!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I've had this washer for over a year and so far have no complaints. I love all of the settings and different cycles and I really don't know how I lived without them for so long! It makes it super easy to wash everything, especially if you have a piece of clothing that has specific care instructions. The only thing I will say is that I have trouble sometimes getting the door to shut and I'll almost walk away without noticing the signal. I really find I have to slam the thing to get it to shut usually. Other than that, I really have no complaints and have been really happy with the efficiency, cleanliness of clothes, and of course all of the options, features and settings.

Energy Efficiency
Uses so much less detergent too

Cleaning Time
Some of the cycles are a little long, but for certain things that's to be expected.

Clothes are always really clean

So easy to set up

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I love the look and design of this washer, it has an appealing look and gives off a sign of prestige and class to your home. I also enjoy the easy to use buttons and how technological this device is. It makes laundry a simple task!

• Cleaning Time:

manageable, huge loads, but quality of cleaning needs upgrade.

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

When I first bought my washer, one of the things that stuck out was how chique it looked and hoe easy it was to operate. The load size is good for big loads; my comforters fit just well. The one thing that I don't like is that my clothes don't seem as clean even though it takes longer than 30 minutes. On the other hand, your clothes won't fade out; but, they won't be clean. You might want to enhance the cleaning system even if you think it will clean it. It is also has controlled vibrations when it's washing, descending the sound. You should definitely get a warranty, just in case, if something happens. I am pretty satisfied with my purchase, yet not as thrilled as the first time I came in contact with it.

Cleaning Time
Longer than usual. I wish it wouldn't take as long because it doesn't clean the clothes as well.

Performance of cleaning clothes is not so admirable.

Very easy to use. You don't even have to read the manual.

Nicely design that is stylish and chique. I have the white classic washer, which doesn't get as dirty as I was expecting.

Love it!

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I love how this washer is so quiet. It doesn't take very much time to clean the clothes, but does a great job! Has many different options for you to choose for the different types of clothes, which I love!

The washer sucks!

from Williamsburg, KY

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I would not buy this product again. After only a week or two of use my washer started getting a disgusting smell in it. It smelled like mold or mildew. My clothes comes out of the wash smelling like this. I've cleaned the filter and drained it like the manual says. When I contacted customer support they gave me a link to how to clean this washer and said sorry about the inconvenience. So the link is to buy more products to clean it and run empty cycles that take two hours. I really wished I woud have bought a top load washer because this one sucks.

Energy Efficiency
It would probably be better energy efficiency if it didn't get a odor and you have to buy more cleaning supplies. Not to mention running empty cycles that last two hours.

After contacting customer service you are suppose to wipe the inside drum of the washer out after each load. And also wash out the detergent tray.

• Cleaning Time:

Washer does not clean clothes

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

It may be true that these washers save water. The result is they don't clean clothes. They use too little water and too little aggressive agitation. The result is much of the dirt and or stains are still in the clothes when done. They also use too little rinse water and the clothes still have soap and/or fabric softener in them after the rinse cycle. If your main goal was to save water you accomplished it. If your goal was to wash and clean clothes you lost. This is the worst "investment" I ever made. It was very expensive and does not clean satisfactorily. If it ever breaks, I won't fix it. I'll replace it with a top loader that works.

I fell in love all over agian!!!

from Mount Juliet, TN

Comments about Samsung Front Load Washer:

I cannot tell you how much easier my life has been with this washer. I totally love it! First of all I can put more clothes in the washer than ever before and the clothes come out great. I was a little uneasy about how much the detergent was going to cost because it is a HE machine (Hight Efficiency) and it says that machine works better with HE detergent. I was scared that I was going to have to pay more and that I had got myself into a mess. But to my surprise it is around the same price I paid for the old stuff. Some brands and scents are not available in HE, but the majority of them are. My water bill has lowered some because you are saving water when you use your machine. You can also purchase a platform which goes on the bottom of the washer and that is a big bonus. It does cost extra, but believe me when I say spend a little extra on this feature. Not only do you get to have a storage area for all your bleach, detergent, and fabric softener, but it does bring up the machine so you don't have to break your back. So all in all a great product and spend a little extra for the platform.