Other Refrigerators:
RF263AEWP, RF263AERS, RF263AEBP
Samsung French Door Refrigerator

Samsung French Door Refrigerator

• Temperature Control:

Huge refrigerator and nice exterior look.

We purchased this refrigerator two years ago and the only thing that hold me back from the 5 star review is that there is no in-door ice maker (you have to open the freezer) and the water spout is inside the fridge as well. That being said this unit performs beautifully. I love the multiple digital temperature settings, the quick freeze and quick chill buttons for after putting groceries away, and the huge amount of space inside the refrigerator area. The biggest issue I have had is how to place the shelves in there to have the optimal amount of space for everything. The reminder chime is loud enough to draw your attention form another room (my kids frequently leave the door ajar) and yet its beautiful tone is soothing, not screeching. The spill proof shelves have saves many things in my fridge more than once... especially the time I thawed out hamburger and the "juice" leaked out of the package. It stayed on the shelf and did not run down onto my other food compartments. The freezer portion of this unit is small, so we have a large chest freezer in the garage. I keep veggies and icecream in this one and large meats outside in the other one.

Not happy with this

I bought this in December and I am not happy with it. We waited for 2 weeks to get a small part (that isn't included with the ice maker) so we could have ice. Serviceman had to bring the part (that is not sold by the stores) because "the part was supposed to be installed by the factory, but must have been overlooked". Also, had to get the crisper bin holder replaced because it was missing a slide to let moisture control. Every time a fan comes on, it sounds like something is rattling. I can't keep food more than 3 days due to stuff expiring way too soon. I DO NOT LIKE THIS FRIDGE AT ALL! Did I mention it was brand spanking new? I will never buy another Samsung product!

i

Noise Level
A fan keeps making a rattling sound but I was told that is "normal" by the serviceman that brought out my icemaker part.

Interior Organization
Too small. Just seems too cramped. Not enough room for storage.

Temperature Control
OK for temp control. But factory settings had to be changed because it was too warm.

Easy to keep clean. I wipe the surface off really easily.

Not my favorite

Design is fine

Love mine and would buy again

from Crooksville Ohio

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I use mine for everything

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Great refrigerator, would recommend

from Lilburn, GA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
    • Noisy

• Big Families
    • Large Kitchens
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

We have had this refrigerator for about 6 years now. We haven't had a need for repairs as yet. My only gripe is that every time I go to replace filter, it floods my produce drawer, even after turning off the water.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

This refrigerator has become a real gem in our kitchen, superb.

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

This is one of the newest additions to our family kitchen and has fit in well with the rest the modern pieces we have arranged in our culinary palace. It has such an immense amount of space in the side doors I found it hard to believe there was so much underneath the door below as well. Incredible storage efficiency, very well designed.

Noise Level
    This thing is very quiet. Cools through a funnel of silent winds I would say, quite spectacular. Seamlessly sealed for exceptional family volume levels.

Interior Organization
    We haven't had many refrigerators that have stored space so efficiently. I've watched my wife insert countless entree containers after diner and the spaces never seem to fill. The toddler loves to have her own little areas for her special treats and there is still plenty of room for her scattered but adorably gathered items. Bravo to the makers.

Temperature Control
    Great settings to adjust. Our foods are all equally chilled to there appropriate designated areas, the crisper is quite frosty.

We clean it out once a month or so and its seems to wipe up quite effortlessly. The surfaces remove quite well and allow for a pleasant wash.

Very strong doors, with stands the devils barrage of plastic warfare in the trenches of our domestic child fueled munitions.

Great designs, very beautiful arrangement of pieces that really brings together the top quality style we were looking for.

• Temperature Control:

The perfect additon to any kitchen and family..

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I recently purchased this beautiful new item, and I could not have been more satisfied! I am only rating it a 10 because 50 isn't an option. This is an amazing fridge. The drawer freezer makes it so much easier to reach in and just grab out what we need, and it glides so easily. The bright, yet energy efficient, LED lights inside the double door fridge, provide just the perfect light to absolutely make it that much more better and beautiful! It's very energy efficient, which means a lot these days, and has a digital temperature display for easy programming and knowledge of the temperature. Great for the modern day kitchen, and the perfect price too!

Noise Level
    Runs so quietly, you really can't even hear it.

Interior Organization
    Excellent space and lighting.

Temperature Control
    Easy read and programmable display, yet, out of reach of wandering fingers of button pushing children. ;)

easy to remove and re-organize an of the shelves. Very easy to clean.

So far so good, hope it stays as ever amazing then as it has been since I've gotten it.

Absolutely beautiful!

So Versatile

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I had to get the Samsung French Door Refrigerator after mine went out over Spring Break last year. Coming home to pounds of spoiled meat assaulted both my wallet as well as my nostrils. I had a GE French Door Refrigerator with the freezer on the left and fridge on the right. It was so poorly designed to store large items. Retrieving items was nearly impossible.
    My in-laws had the Samsung French Door Refrigerator and loved it. I loved using it when I visited them. We chose the model without the water filter built into the door for several reasons.
    1. We have 2 small children, and the idea of them flooding our kitchen was at the forefront of our minds.
    2. It seemed like an additional computerized component to potentially break.
    3. We have a sink filter installed.
    Pros: The fridge has so much storage space and is well organized. I can move shelves around easily as needed. So far, the drawers seem to be well-suited for maintaining the appropriate temperature and humidity levels.
    Cons: The freezer lacks organization, and it's easy to lose sight of what's inside. Items in the large bottom section can be tough to retrieve and require taking out everything on top first.

Noise Level
    The ice maker is loud, but the fridge runs quietly.

Interior Organization
    Mostly good, but I need more organization options in the freezer. Perhaps shelving?

Temperature Control
    Easy to control and change

Wipes clean. Can remove drawers as well.

The ice maker broke after 9 months, but Samsung replaced it.

Well Done Samsung!

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I have nothing but praise for this French door refrigerator by Samsung. I chose this for my kitchen because it matched my appliances, looked extremely nice, had so many options, and the ice maker and water filter were inside of the fridge which I loved!

Noise Level
    The Samsung French Door Refrigerator is seemingly quiet. You will occasionally hear the ice maker depositing ice but that is it.

Interior Organization
    I absolutely love the interior organization of this refrigerator. Besides your normal shelving, there is a tray with special controls that slides out and could fit a large pan with appetizers or a dessert. Also the middle shelving can be adjusted and removed as well as the shelving on the doors. It is a OCD persons' dream!

Temperature Control
    I love all the features of climate control in the refrigerator, but especially the special pull out drawer for meats, special dishes, etc.

No refrigerator is a walk in the park to clean, but with the ability to remove all the shelving and the flawless architecture, the Samsung French Door Refrigerator is practically a piece of cake!

I've only had my refrigerator for 2 years but it has done great thus far. No repairs or problems at all and it is very durable without weighing a ton.

I LOVE the sleek design of this refrigerator and the door handles. The handles sort of move with you as you pull, which is different than any other fridge I've had. Also, it has ambiance lighting which makes having a refrigerator feel more like an experience than an action of opening a refrigerator. It's as is this refrigerator is showcasing all your food in it's best "light". The finish is great, shelving is customizable and overall perfect in my opinion.

Not happy with this

from Easley, SC

i

Interior Organization
    Too small. Just seems too cramped. Not enough room for storage.

Temperature Control

Easy to keep clean. I wipe the surface off really easily.

Not my favorite

Design is fine

• Temperature Control:

Love it - as long as you don't mind a little noise

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

We love the fridge. It has a lot of space and is very sleek. The interior light color is a light blue, for some reason it looks very modern and soothing. The amount of space is amazing. It is so easy to organize. We love the deli drawer at the bottom, we put all our small items in there to save space. My only complaint is that it is rather loud, it makes a loud humming noise every so often.

Noise Level
    It is quite loud. It doesn't bother us much, as we don't spend much time in the kitchen.

Lots of storage options!

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

Absolutely love my Samsung French door refrigerator! The shelves reconfigure easily and allow for an amazing amount of storage. I love that one gallon milk containers fit in the door and you can even store a full bottle of wine upright. The freezer has a nice drawer that slides out. And the lower compartment has a separator so not everything is jumbled together. Its easy to organize and I never have a problem finding a item!

• Temperature Control:

I love this spacious refrigerator!

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

When I had to replace my refrigerator, I found exactly what I wanted with this model. The shelves on both halves of the refrigerator and the doors can be arranged to accommodate just about any size container. The French doors make it easy to get large things in and out, and they stay open while I am holding heavy things. The door alarm sounds when the refrigerator or freezer is not shut all the way, and this has saved me from a thaw many times. Be careful with the energy efficiency mode, though. It can cause condensation and mildew to form on the door seals. The crisper drawers have humidity controls so that you can keep your produce fresher longer. And there is a drawer for deli products that has a special temperature setting. This has been easy to clean up, however. This is the only negative thing about this refrigerator, and it would not stop me from replacing it with a similar model.