3.7

3.7

A great starter camera!

from Rigby, ID

Comments about Samsung - Digimax A7 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera on black friday almost 5 years ago! It has been a GREAT camera in our household and has lasted many drops and trips around the world from Mexico to China! My only complaint with it is that it seems to be eating batteries faster and faster the older it gets. Other than that we have no complaints, we LOVE all of the wonderful options it has and how versatile it is. I love that it is small and compact and can fit pretty much anywhere you need it to, yet it gives such a great quality of photo! I highly recommend this camera to anyone who is looking for a good deal and great quality pictures! It also takes video which we love for our trips to the great wall of china etc. We have LOVED it and it has definitely paid itself off over the past years. I wish that every technology company could make such high quality products that last more than just a year. Good job SAMSUNG! You did great on this one!

Great camera, eats batteries

from Houston, TX

Comments about Samsung - Digimax A7 Digital Camera:

I got this camera as a present -- this was my first and (so far) only digital camera. I'm by no means a professional photographer, but I enjoy taking pictures periodically and want something that will take a nice looking shot.

This camera fits the bill -- takes great pictures. Lots of megapixels (actually too many -- I've had to change the settings to make sure the pictures don't take up significant chunks of my hard drive. I can't tell that my pictures aren't from a new fancy digital camera.

Main complaints -- the thing absolutely goes through batteries like water. I was having to change them out every few times I would turn it on. However, I found some good rechargeables (not the ones included with the camera) that have solved that problem.

Also, I don't like that the camera doesn't have an autofocus when the flash is turned off. Sometimes when I want to take a picture inside a building that doesn't have flash my pics will turn out blurry because I can't hold the camera perfectly still.

Samsung a7 some great qualities

from Colton, CA

Comments about Samsung - Digimax A7 Digital Camera:

There was a sale at sears and this camera was on a pretty decent price sale. So I took the samsung digimax a7 home expecting great things from it, and let me tell you it did not dissapoint for the most part, but one part of it was greatly dissapointing, that i have grown to not like it at all! let me explain, this camera takes great portraits. great daytime pictures. but in the dark, even with flash, it doesnt capture the great depth and intense colors it does in daytime. the highest ISO is 200 or 400 , which if you want a crystal clear picture is good, but that means its shutter speed is slow. Also if you do use flash, it is over powering, alot of my pictures come out with my firend's eyes closed due to the high intensity of the flash haha so no good. My biggest concern with this camera is that while it does have video, the sound quality is so bad, it is as if there is no sound at all included. It records just a bunch of static! its horrid! Did samsung even test this camera? shame shame shame