Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
Samsung
Samsung DV220AEW 7.3 cu. Ft. Electric Dryer - White

Samsung DV220AEW 7.3 cu. Ft. Electric Dryer - White

Great at first, lost in the longrun

from Richmond, VA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

• Unreliable

Comments about Samsung DV220AEW 7.3 cu. Ft. Electric Dryer - White:

We bought this dryer and the matching washer about 7 years ago. They both have worked really well up until recently. I'm very disappointed that the dryer couldn't withstand the test of time. To pay so much money for an appliance, you expect to get a lot more time out of it than just 7 years. It just stopped and the main computer board has to be replaced. Our Home Warranty company opted to buy us a brand new dryer since 1) the part itself was almost as much as the dryer and 2) Samsung didn't even have in stock and kept back ordering it for 2 months. That's just ridiculous! I won't buy a Samsung again. Great for TV's...not so much for washers since ours is now making a weird noise so who knows what the future holds (and its already been repaired twice in the past) ....and DEF not for dryers.

Very nice clothes dryer.

Comments about Samsung DV220AEW 7.3 cu. Ft. Electric Dryer - White:

Overall, I think this is a good dryer. There are a lot of bells and whistles on this model - lots of different programs to chose from. I'd recommend it to anyone wishing to purchase a new dryer.

Load Capacity
    Great size. I can fit two large pillows in it, and still have room for them to move around and fluff up. I can fit an entire load of laundry in there, and again it dries quite well.

So far, it's a great dryer. I have noticed a few times, the machine will stop drying my items, even if they are still wet. This mostly happens when I have a pillow or two in there, probably because it senses that the pillows are dry? I'm sure this is more user error than anything. When this happens, I simply set the dryer to "timed dry" rather than the other settings, and then just keep an eye on it. I have a cat and the dryer does a great job of catching all of the cat hair that was left on my clothes after the wash. Really big lint trap that does an excellent job of catching kitty fur, too!

It's faceplate is pretty self-explanatory. It's high-tech with the number of different programs it has, but not so high tech that you have no idea what you're doing! Let's just say, it's a ton easier than programing a VCR!

So far, so good! No problems with the dryer. I keep the lint trap clean, so I think that helps, too!

It's a very attractive machine. Very sleek and modern. The overall appearance is unobtrusive, but pleasing to the eye at the same time.

• Load Capacity: