Other Cell Phones:

Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone

Pros

Cons

Great feature phone!

This little phone delivers on what is says! It's super tough, great for those that want a feature phone instead of a smart phone and has a fairly good camera. I've owned mine for over 3 years or so now and it's still going strong. Super great battery life too.

This phone is tough enough to not fail you. As long as you have a decent cell carrier, you are good to go. I've had the phone out in super bad rainy weather and it still worked just fine, even with it soaked as bad as I was.

Voice Quality
You never have an issue with this phone on voice. Even under super windy conditions, or being deep in a store or other building, this little phone works just fine. I have been in very loud back ground noise situations and people have no issues hearing me on this phone.

Battery Life
This phone has the BEST battery life I have ever seen. I've had many cell phones over the years and this is the only one I can say I love, when it comes to battery life. Even though my phone is old now, that battery is still working really well. I have literally talked for hours, sent tons of test messages and even the next day, it's still has ample power left.

This is one tough phone. It was developed for military usage and I can see why. No matter if you drop it tons of times, get it wet, are in a sand storm or what ever, this little phone still keeps working very well.

This phone is so easy to use. You can set it to voice command or you can just use the menu. It's super easy to navigate. You don't even need to read the manual to operate this phone. Set up is a breeze too. The phone literally walks you though set up!

This phone is well designed. It's meant to be tough and with the materials used to make it, it is tough. The only thing I have had an issue with, is the camera has given me a bit of trouble after having the phone so many years. The keys are easy to use, no matter of your finger size, the features are easy to use, even logging onto the net is easy.

alright

This phone is both reliable, durable, and useful. It is extremely tough. Being a clumsy person myself, I have dropped this phone so many times I cannot count and it still holds up even after all those drops. It has a pretty good battery life and can last for days on a full battery. I like it because its simple and can be a pay as you go. It is a good price for what you get. The MP3 player program on this is great and can be a substitute for ipod touches or things of that nature. On the negative side, its sort of bulky, you can feel the thickness of the cellhone. The camera is fairly decent, however, you cannot zoom in on the camera which can be frustrating at time. Sometimes, it feels like the navigation or arrow key buttons on it dont work that well. I dont know if this is just because I have a large thumb or finger but sometimes it is annoying to get around. Lastly, I can't find any soft cover to fit it.

Great feature phone!

Sturdy phone.

from Florida

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

The Samsung Convoy is not a super flashy phone, its pretty basic. But that being said it is well made, very sturdy and can handle being dropped a lot. It is good for phone calls and texting but anything past that is slow and laggy. I would not recommend it for peoplewho want to browse the internet on the phone.

As far as a basic flip phone goes, it performs well. Easy to use, navigation menus are clear. Ideal performance for someone who doesn't use there phone for anything besides s phone.

Voice Quality
The voice quality is pretty good. It is crisp and clear. Loud enough to hear even in busy situations.

Battery Life
Since it is a basic phone, there aren't many things draining the battery. Battery life is long lasting.

This is a very durable phone. It would be good for people who work on construction sites or places where a smart phone would be in danger.

This phone is easy to use. I would reccomend it for older cell phone users. People who don't need the apps that come with smart phones or those who just want a basic phone.

It's not a fancy phone, not flashy or anything special. But the design is nice, even if it is a little bulky.

I Love This Phone!

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

When I got this phone, I was looking for a basic phone, that was durable, had a long battery life, and was just the right size. I didn't want a big phone that wouldn't fit in my pockets, like most phones are now. I also needed the number keys to be fairly large, due to my aging eyesight, and fat finger, This phone was perfect for me.

This phone performs much better than all of my previous phones. It has a decent camera, not professional quality, or anything, but decent.

Voice Quality
The voice quality is excellent. The other person's voice is crystal clear. I particularly liked that outside noise seems to be reduced.

Battery Life
This may be it's best feature. My previous cell phone seemed to need to be charged every couple of hours, even when I wasn't talking on it. That phone wasn't internet accessible, so there really wasn't much to be drawing it's battery, yet it still didn't last long.

The Samsung Convoy SCH 640 cell phone, was a refreshing change. I could talk on it for hours, and still not need to charge it for a couple of days.

This is most phenomenal! I dropped this phone on hard cement several times, and there isn't even a scratch on it, let alone, any other kind of damage.

Excellent! Unlike most phones, I didn't have to practically take a course on how to navigate it, just to use it. It is nice and simple to use.

I love the design. I can see the numbers, type them with my fat fingers, and fit it all in my tiny feminine pockets, with ease.

A nice simple phone.

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

This is a pretty decent phone. Nothing about it is particularly special especially in the day of the smart phone. If all you want is to talk and text this is a great phone. The battery life is incredible. I can go for a week before needing a charge. The screen is good enough and numbers and letters appear pretty big. The phone's camera is not very good at all. If you just want a quick picture of something it'll be fine, but it is not good for pictures you want to keep.

It is a great phone to talk and text on. It works exactly how it should.

Voice Quality
The voice quality is pretty good. The speakers on the phone will weaken over time.

Battery Life
The battery life is excellent and can last for days at a time.

It is a pretty durable phone, but flip phones tend to weaken at the hinge sometimes.

It is a pretty easy to use phone. The buttons are big enough to see and the features are all as easy to understand.

It is kinda bulky and heavy. It looks pretty nice.

• Battery Life:

functional and well made phone

from Alexandria, OH

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

I really do like my samsung Convoy. I've never had a problem with the durability or service. My husband was set on the candy bar style, but they didn't have any left for basic service. So, for a clamshell style, this fit the bill. It is definitely more durable then other phones we've had before. I've had this for 2.5 years now, and it's still going strong - no need to replace it. The speaker works well, and I love the alarm system - I use it faithfully every day (no need to fear power outages when needing to wake up.) I do not use it for internet, so I can't speak for that - other then it was a little frustrating to navigate the paid option menu, and I had to talk my way out of charges to browse (I never bought anything, and they wanted to charge me just to look!) Texting is frustrating, as you have to hit a key multiple times for it to take - however we don't text much, so that's ok. I also love the memory expansion slot - great for photos. I would recommend this one.

Samsung Convoy is tough!

from Stewartstown, PA

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

I ordered the Samsung Convoy for work use. It's an old style flip-phone, but that's fine with me. I prefer the flip-style phone since you can't accidentally do a butt dial like with a Smart phone.

It's good for calls and texting. I can't comment on internet access since I use it for work.

Voice Quality
Voice quality is good, much better than with the Smart phone.

Battery Life
Battery life is pretty good. I only have to charge it about twice a week unlike my Samsung Galaxy which I have to charge daily or every other day. It does take a while to complete charging so you can't be in a hurry when charging.

The rubberized outer casing does a good job of protecting the phone for those who have problems with dropping their phones.

It's user friendly. You don't have to worry about hitting the wrong key like on the Smart phones.

It's well-designed. The screen shows when you're using the alarm clock. The bar shows how much battery life is left.

Great Phone for the Money

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

Great phone overall. I've used it in all environments, including rainy conditions. Phone is exceptionally tough, and also gets great reception. Phone is a little limited in regards to texting, due to not having the full keypad. Also, when using the mini sd card to save photos and videos, performance is very slow when viewing the pictures. The camera takes excellent quality photos, suitable for downloading onto computer and viewing at large scales. The video recorder is not as good as the standard camera function...maintaining fair sound quality, but video quality only readable on the phone itself. Videos downloaded to the computer are a bit pixelated. I recommend the phone for people who are active in the outdoors, and less interested in the more modern functions of today's cell phones.

I am OK with my Samsung Convoy Cell Phone

from West Columbia, SC

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

I am OK with my Samsung Convoy cell phone but that is about it. It is a good overall basic phone with a decent camera and at a reasonable price. It is pretty tough as I have managed to drop it several times. The battery life for me is about average for other cell phones tha I have used in the past.. The phone is a little thick than other cell phones of the clam shell design. I bought a cover for it and it makes it a little tough to get in a blue jeans pocket and get it out compared to other cell phones that I have used before. I have a hard time dialing the phone with one hand which I have been used to doing on other cell phones. The buttons are just a little small for my fingers. I end up hitting the wrong buttons too often. Like I said I am OK with this but that is about it.

Samsung phone.... bring the power to the seniors

from Hayward, CA

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

Good afternoon everyone. I purchased this as a gift for my grandpa who is around 65. I used it for a week before I gave it to him to insure it does everything it needs to do. This phone is real nice and does ot cost much. Its one of those you flip outwards and it does not have many buttons which is good in my situation. The numbers are big and bright when you insert them. Reception is nice and its a pretty simple phone overall. There is no texting in this, just calling so thats a plus for my grandpa. This has a small ccamera which is not very good but ok. It has good quality and its cheap because all your paying for monthly is calling which I love. My grandpa loved the color and there avaibable in more than one.

Samsung Convoy is a very good phone.

from Waltham, MA

Comments about Samsung Convoy Cell Phone Cell Phone:

I Just got the phone about 3 months ago and i like the phone alot. One of the mian reasons that a got the phone was because it is a tough phone. i am allways dropping my phone for one reason or another and it has stood up .i also like the display it is sharp and crisp and can be seen even in bright sunlight. The camera is ok not the best and the battery life could be longer. But all in all i thing it is a very good phone.