View more cell phones

A640
Samsung - Cell Phone

Samsung - Cell Phone

3.5

A640 simple, durable, and comfortable, all fun stuff included!

The A-640 phone is everything a simple person like me needs in a phone.. It's durable, attractive, and has all the gadgets I might or might not ever use easily accessable and easy to understand.

I love this phone..... It's VERY durable, meaning I drop my phone several times a week, (in the snow, on the concrete, in my kids toybox, LOL) and never a glitch. The most I've had to do is reattach the battery! except in the one case where my beautiful little girl was "helping Mommy" by washing my phone in a cup of water. Thank goodness for insurance. It is a flip-phone so it is possible to tear it in half, but you have to WANT to do that.. (yea, I'm guilty but it's insured for a reason.)

Sleek, shiny and I love that the digital clock glows neon even when the flip is closed. It's just the right size. Small enough to fit in my hand and not be encumbering, and big enough that if I slip it into my purse or leave it on the kitchen counter, (or drop it in my little girl's toy box, LOL) I'm not looking for it forever!

It comes Bluetooth capable, Ready-link (the walki-talki thing) and WEB accessable, voice dialing, eg. "CALL MOM" and it calls your Mom! AND it comes with a camera phone! All of this stuff is so simple to use I HAVE! Me, little blond girl with a somewhat short fuse when it comes to technical gadgets have conquered my phone's accessories with almost NO trouble at all. I love this phone....

Cell phones are so complicated

Cell phones are so complicated. Why can't companies just make the service simple. Like today, when i signed up for cricket like a month ago they told me I was going to be paying only thirty dollors a month, and when i got my bill today it was 49.94. I was so pissed, but then i realized all that i was paying for was for voicemail, picture texting, call waiting, and stuff like that. But heres the thing I can't send or recieve pictures because my phone is a Verizon phone and im using Cricket service so im ma not have the option of sending or recieving pictures. Why can't they just make it so that you have the regular thirty dollors to pay and any additional accessories you want like call waiting, long distance, picture messaging, and things like that you add on what you want im paying fifteen bucks more and one of the additional accessories I can't use because I don't have a cricket phone. So if i were you don't buy a phone and then use a different service.

Great buy

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

I bought this phone as an absolute must to replacing a 4 year old cell phone and was only really worried about reception and being user friendly.  I needed a reliable phone that I would want to keep another 4 years.This phone had all I needed and more.  It's not so small that I can lose it in my purse easily, but small enough that it's not a hassle to carry it just about anywhere.  Searching through the phone is simple, and completing commands is a breeze. 3 alarms, some decent pre-loaded backgrounds.Not so great default ringers.I find myself frequently hitting the side camera button by accident.

Worse phone i ever had

from New Carlisle, OH

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

I hate this phone.  It freezes up,  the calls drop and/or are choppy.  The readylink feature sucks.  The camera has no zoom or flash and the pictures are of poor quality.  I would by no means recomend this phone to anyone.  The screen is tiny and hard to see.

Overall this product is satisfying.

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

The Samsung A640 is a must have for bargain-hunting, quality-loving people.  Though the screen freezes every once in a while, overall the cell phone has few problems.  The sound for the audio is very satisfactory and the camera is considerably nice for an inexpensive mobile phone.  I would definately recommend this cell phone to anyone.

gr8 phone

from Augusta, GA

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

Great phone, Nice sixe , not too small, feels good in hand. I own 2, my daughter is ruff on hers, but it still works. She broke a pin on flipped open phone that allow the external display to come on and she has broken the antenna. Still works. Charges fast. Sprint Service is good.

EXCELLENT

from philadelphiaPhiladelphia, PA

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

MY CELL PHONE MEETS ALL MY NEEDS I AM A SIMPLE KIND OF GUY THAT DOSENT NEED ALL THE HYPE OF SOME PHONES JUST WANT SIMPLE USAGE AND WITH THIS PHONE BY SPRINT I GET THAT  EASE OF USE AND VALUE IT WAS A FREE PHONE Y MY CARRIER SPRINT      THANK YOU BY DOUG

Excellent cell phone to have

from Covington, GA

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

I would recommend this phone to anyone because it is great.  It has excellent service and does not lose signal with anyone.  When you take pictures with the camera they are great.  The service that you get from Sprint is also great.  This phone is technology friendly so anyone who is looking for a great cell phone should consider this one.

Cell phones are so complicated

from Boise, ID

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

Really annoying phone that calls people without you knowing it!!

from New Hyde Park, NY

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

After using this phone for about 2 years now, I've come to really hate it. The functions on it (eg: alarm or calendar) are not easy to find. My biggest problem though is the fact that this phone has called people from my recently called list -- without my knowing it!! And sometimes when people call and I don't physically pick up, the phone picks it up, rather than go to voicemail!! It's incredibly annoying and I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it!

The Samsung A640 is a fine phone but with good reception.

from French Creek, WV

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

The Samsung A640 is a great little flip phone with a long lasting battery. It will stay on standby for several days. The picture capabilities leaves something to desire. Takes pics just fine unless you want to enlarge them and they become totally distorted. If you like making your own ringtones and downloading them to your phone, forget this phone. I will not let you even look at the address book. They sell data cables for this phone but they are only good for using the phone for a modem and charging the phone. If I had it to do all over again knowing what I now know, I would have pick a much better phone.

Samsung

from West Sacramento, CA

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

I really enjoy this cell phone I have been with sprint for over 5 years and everytime I upgrade I seem to stay with the samsung brands dont ever seem to find an mishappens.  I have droped it more times then I can say and never has it broke.