View more cell phones

T509
Samsung - Cell Phone

Samsung - Cell Phone

3.6

People will comment admiringly, but . . .

Note: This review is for the T509S (Plum), which I assume is substantially the same as the T509.

I just wanted a good-looking, small and lightweight, functional phone. I did not want a PDA, web browser, music player, or any other bells and whistles. And I did not want a Razr like everyone else in the world has.

Mostly, this phone works for me. However, some people claim that I am hard to hear on the other end. (I wonder, though, whether they just may be hard of hearing.) Also, while the phone is remarkably thin, it is longer than a flip-phone is when it is closed, and for purposes of comfortable pocket fit, I think that it might be worth sacrificing "svelte" for compactness in length.

In general, I always appreciate the good design and easy interface of Samsung's products, and this is no exception.

The phone as a 1.3 mega-pixel camera, which I don't care about and find fairly silly, given how bad the photos are. Why bother?

Have yet tried this one out since the last 2 Verizon phones died

Since joining the Friends and Family group the three phones use with Verizon have gone through my hands and 2 are now defunct.  I don't hold much hope for the third and final candidate made by Samsung while the first 2 were LG models.  I can't imagine this holds any record and according the one reviewer, charging went South and the cloudy display sounds scarry.  I might just dump this one and go back to a dependable old friend in Virgin Mobile and their KYOCERA line.  Although Nokia has a good record as well.

Good for Women Only

from Spring, TX

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

This phone is really cute, and simple but I feel that it should be a phone used for Women not for men, men generally have large fingers and the key pad for this phone is very small, therefore creating difficulty for men to use, especially for those men that like to text alot. but overall it is a nice phone.

It's a nice phone, but tends to be quiet

from East Chicago, IN

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

This phone is a bit too simple for me, but for someone who likes simplicity in a candy bar form...well, it's cool. it also is a bit too quiet as far as ringtones, but tends to be louder with the bluetooth headset. I prefer a flip to the candybar style simply because the screen is too exposed and I use the camera quite a bit.

Durable phone, easy to use

from Blanchard, OK

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

This phone is slim (sometimes maybe too slim when I loose it in my purse) and light weight.  It has wonderful color on the screen.  It is easy to use.  I didn't have to pour over the direction book, I was able to plug it in and use.

Perfect "barebone" cell phone

from Sacramento, CA

Have yet tried this one out since the last 2 Verizon phones died

from Houston, TX

... hear me now?

from Stamford, CT

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

I was given this phone as a gift and like its style & how light it is.  so far, the customer service and phone service I've gotten is very good but to be honest, I haven't had it all that long so I can't say how it'll be long-term, but my initial review is good and I'm happy with it.

Less than one year to serve? I can do that standing on my head.

from Mission, TX

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

This phone served me well for about a year. After the year was up the problems started. First the screen started to get cloudy, then the sound on the speakerphone became less and less powerful and finally...I can't even charge the anorexic little thing. The charging area in the phone broke when I plugged it in. Hate to say it but I almost miss my old Nokia.

Good phone for the price. Sleek, stylish and small.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

Overall this phone is pretty good and gets the job done.  I usually get flip phones but went out on a limb and got this one.  I am a little disappointed because if I put it in my back pocket, even with the key lock on, it will shut off.  But otherwise I really don't have any complaints.  I don't do a lot with phones besides making calls and texting, though.  It has good color quality for backgrounds and pictures.  Alarm clock and calendar are easy to use and reliable.  I would recommend getting a cover for this phone though because my numbers are starting to show wear and I've had this phone for about 10 months.

T509 easier to use than smart phones

from New Braunfels, TX

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

The Samsung T509 is my favorite cell phone.  I spent a lot of money buying a Blackberry Pearl and it was sooo confusing to use.  There were so many applications that it was hard to know what app did what function.

The T509 has a button to lock the phone, a button marked for vibration, and the rest is easy to use.  I don't need to have a password to listen to my voice mail.  I love he look of the candy bar shaped cell phone, and bought plastic covers with different designs.  One design was the lone star of Texas, another hawaiian blue flowers, and then one that has butterflies on it. They have protected the phone so much that if the covers are taken off the cell phone looks like new.

Obviously I also like Tmobile.  Their customer care is outstanding, and has kept me loyal for over 3 years, a long time to stay with one company.  I was really tempted to get the I phone, it was fascinating with all the different applications.  But my Samsung T509 and Tmobile kept me loyal.

The Samsung T509 is the best cell phone I have owned.  For this senior citizen, it is classy, sleek, easy to use, has a loud ring, and has fashionable covers.  I highly recommend it for anyone wanting easy cell phone usage with a fashionable flair and awesome customer care from T-mobile.

Good phone without all the complications

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Samsung - Cell Phone:

I don't typically text or use the internet on my phone, this was more of a recent financial decision.  My previous phone was a Sidekick so this became my replacement phone until my contract renewal.  This phone is light in weight, sleek, and fits anywhere.  It's easy to use and easy on the eye.  The safety lock feature works well, so no pocket dialing, a definite plus.  The battery life is okay, but does need to get charged every day.  The audio quality isn't that great, I have to usually raise the volume when I'm talking to someone in public and lower it down when I'm at home or in the office.  The speakerphone quality isn't that great either, it sometimes just comes out blared and a bit muffled.  The camera has many options and takes a good picture even in low lighting.  The options aren't worth playing with when you just want to take a picture.  Minus, it doesn't have a usb port to transfer photos to your computer.