View more cell phones

Samsung Cell Phone

Samsung Cell Phone

3.8

amazing phone

this phone is so easy to use! the buttons are easy to press, and even my 50 year old dad can navigate this phone without a problem.  i like the ease of use with the camera and the fact that you can record your own songs to use as ringtones, which my former att phone wouldnt let me do. also, the screen is nice sized and the colors are great! i have the red, my dad has the blue, and mom has the orange. very great, great on battery life as well

With the antennae booster I can call from cow country!

It was upgrade time and the phone choices for AT&T were pretty slim.  I decided on the **Samsung SGH-a737** in an orange and black color combination; my son decided on the black and lime/yellow color.  We returned the phones the next day because the phone dropped calls left and right.  Our house is out in the middle of cow country in upstate New York.  AT&T has the best coverage so we really have no choice but to keep them as our carrier.  The salesman suggested placing an antennae booster in the phones and we haven't had a problem since.  After a few days of getting used to it I can tell you there are features I love and some that annoy me.  The phone slides open to reveal the keypad but can remain closed to take an incoming call. It features **3G HSDPA technology** to make it compatible with the 3G services that AT&T has to offer, like Cellular Video, Video Share and Mobile Music.  I don't care about that so it really isn't a "plus" for me but I mention it in case it is to you.**Good Features:**

It comes with a **1.3-megapixel camera**, stereo **bluetooth** capability, a **digital music player**, a **speakerphone** in case you want to enjoy music without using headphones, and a maximum storage capacity of [with a memory card] - **4GB**.

The phone has some cool features like being able to speed dial, assign pictures to individual contacts so when they call or you call them their picture shows on the screen.  The camera is amazing for a phone camera.

It also supports **messaging features**, including SMS and MMS, as well as instant messaging for **AIM, Yahoo and MSN**. The a737 has the ability to **add file attachments** to outgoing messages as well and flat keys that are large enough to actually type on.  If you are a huge texter then you will probably want to look elsewhere but for the average cell phone user it is more than adequate.

**Not so Good Features:**

I don't think the **sound volume is adequate**.  It is hard to hear the phone ring [also doesn't help that is somewhere in the bottom of my purse  :-)  ] and for us baby boomers that is important.

One other thing I don't like about it is that the screen gets dirty so fast.  I am constantly cleaning it.  The phone has a **limited ability to add mp3 files as ringtones **as it will only accept a 300kb file as a ringtone.  Anything over 300kb will be assigned to the mp3 files.  If you are content to download ringtones or can be happy with the pre-recorded ones then that shouldn't be an issue.  It isn't for me.

**Misc.:**

My son has the same phone.  He says the download times are really good but I wouldn't know.  He kept up with college football scores while we out with no problems...

**Summary:**

All in all I like the phone.  I was willing to pay more for a better phone choice but there really wasn't one that was that much better for my needs.  I just need one to call and receive calls on.  The price was right- Free with extending our contract.

Does everything a basic phone does and more!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

I upgraded to this phone just last year after having my previous phone for 3 years. This one has sooo many more features than my old one. I love ow you can use the diagonal pad as quick keys. You can set each one to go to whatever you want or use the most. I have the calculator, the camera feature and the picture folder as mine. This phone is capable of going online and browsing the internet, but I do not use that feature so I cannot tell you anything about it. I chose the orange color since it was so bold and expressive. I believe it also comes in blue, red and green as well. The camera on the phone is actually quite good. You have to keep a steady hand to make sure that the pictures do not blur, but they are good quality when taken correctly. The only other negative I have about the phone is the zoom feature. It is pretty much non existent. So make sure you can get really close to the object that you want a picture of. The screen is big and bright and has a large clock in the corner as well. It is easy to slide open and closed and my overall reception is awesome.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Cricket is not the same nice Cricket!!!

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

Since Cricket has moved there customer service overseas, the quality has gone down. It was the Amercan public who made Cricket but how do we get the credit for it? Cricket laid off all of the call centers in US and sent the jobs overseas. I am changing to a company who employee American citizens.

Good quality phone for basic usage.

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

We use our phones mostly for talking, very few texts and pictures, so this is great for basic usage. I'm sure it would do lots of texts and pictures - we just haven't used it much for that. It does seem like the charge has gotten a little shorter over time.

I adore this phone!

from Newark, DE

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

It's an amazing, yet simple phone. It has an amazing GPS that me and the family call "LuLu." lol It has internet and I can do all of my online banking on it. Texting and picture sharing is a breeze, and it is very easy to get used to unlike most smart phones. Don't have to be a techie to get used to it. I really love it, and wouldn't mind having it until it gives out on me.

Basic Phone For Talking-Texting

from Cowen, WV

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

I'm starting a small business for the summer and didn't want to put in an expensive landline so I decided to get a basic cell phone so my clients could get in touch with me.I will be selling tanning sessions for about four months. A basic cellphone will meet all my needs.

I would not buy it again

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

To many times have i hung up on someone while holding it and accidently pushing a button.

Other than that I have had no other problems with this phone. It was my first sild open phone and i will have to go back to something more basic.

Great phone for the price

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

When my wife got the family new cell phone service, she changed to AT & T. The phone she got for me is the Samsung A737 cell phone. I love this phone! It is light, easy to use and has some great features, like being able to check email, send text and images, wonderful camera and a few games. I was especially surprised that the camera on the phone is actually a good one. The pictures come out clear and they print that way too. The radio, games and other integrated cell phone features are easy to access and use. There are a variety of games you can play or download full versions and the phone doesn't freeze up when trying to play. The reception and clarity of the phone is also very remarkable. I don't hit "dead" zones very often as my last phone did. Our boys wish they had this phone and have been begging their mom to change theirs. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Very Practical, can do what a cell phone is needed for and more

from Elk Grove, CA

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

The Samsung SGH-a737 is a very useful phone with all the features needed in a cell phone and a PDA. It's very light weight and easy to carry. The Bluetooth features are easy to use and activated quickly and efficiently. It is not for the user looking for full time text messaging, nor full time internet usage. It is great for the occasional text messenger or internet user.

The Samsung SGH A737 is not user friendly

from Harrison, TN

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

Last week the unthinkable happened. I dropped my cell phone in the toilet. EWWWW!! I rescued it, retreived the SIM card and immediately put the phone in dry rice. I cannot seem to function without a cell phone, so I grabbed our spare, the Samsung - SGH-A737. We received this Samsung phone free when we renewed our contract with AT&T and have kept it as a back-up. I figured all phones are basically the same. I was wrong. While the Samsung SGH A737 does seem to have better reception that my old LG phone (I can actually use it inside my house and not have to go outside for better reception!), I have had the hardest time figuring out how to do the most simple things! It took me twenty minuets to figure out how to set my morning alarm. I'm still not sure if this phone has a calculator in it. My husband assures me it does, but after a week looking, I still have not found it. I did figure out how to use the camera and it does take much better pictures than my old phone. My husband has looked it over and loves this phone, he has even offered to switch phones with me! He seems to think that I was just used to my touch screen phone and I'm having a hard time "going back". What ever. I'm thinking it's more along the lines of me always making fun of older people for not "getting" electronics. Now I'm getting paid back! LOL!

All-in-all, this phone is superior than my old phones reception wise. It's just not too user friendly. Then again, it could totally just be me!

I love my Samsung!

from Adams, TN

Comments about Samsung Cell Phone:

This is one of the most durable phones I have ever had! My daughter sometimes gets a hold of it, it has been dropped, left outside and even dropped to the bottom of a full glass of water and survived! (I still haven't lived that one down) Anyway, it's a great little phone and very compact. It has a decent camera and it gets good service in most places. I like that it's a slider phone. It has some good features that I use often like the calendar and a tip calculator that we always use whenever we go out to eat! It is very easy to navigate around the menus and texting is super easy on this phone too! I will buy from Samsung again when it is time, which I don't think will be anytime soon, considering the phone has survived this long at my house!

I would recommend this phone to anyone who wants something basic, long-lasting and compact. It fits easily into any pocket and you can't accidentally push buttons because they are all hidden until you need them!