3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Beautiful, quiet, sturdy dishwasher

Overall a great dishwasher. A variety of settings to appropriately handle your load of dishes. I LOVE the sanitize option, makes me feel the dishes are nice and clean.

Noise...Read complete review

Noise Level
I admitted an admittedly ancient dishwasher before the Samsung, so it was a huge improvement. I can heard it quietly running in the kitchen but outside of the kitchen I can't hear it at all. The chime notifying you it's done is not too irritating either.

Cleaning Time
The quick load gets your dishes done in a nice amount of time. The regular wash takes FOREVER. It gets everything nice and clean on either load setting, unless you have some really dirty pots and pans. The regular cycle seems unnecessarily slow when I don't feel the dishes are more clean from it.

Loading Flexibility
Dividers have a lot of flexibility, you can fold them up or down to fit your needs and adjust the width on some. You can also run a half load, which is great when you need to get the dishes done and don't want to wait several days to finish filling it (stinky!).

Clean dishes, nothing ever gets damaged, very quiet. Just an all around good machine

You can occasionally bump the control panel when you are loading, which is frustrating, but overall the size, loading flexibility and overall sleek design make this a winner.

I love this thing, nothing seems to faze it, no matter how dirty the dishes or big the pots.

Nice looking dishwasher - doesn't get dishes very clean

The Samsung DMT400RHS/B/W stainless steel dishwasher is a great looking product. I love how sleek it looks. All the buttons are on the top of the door, so you have a very clean front with no gawdy buttons. The one thing that really disappoints me about this product is that the dishes really don't seem to get that clean. Each rack has a propeller that spins to help get dishes cleaned better, however, the dishes still have food crumbs on them, or a slight residue. We've used different cleaning products and all have been the same result. At first, we were noticing that a lot of our dishes were still very wet no matter what cycle we had it on. We decided to try some Jet Dry, however, the only Jet Dry that really gets the dishes dried is the Turbo brand. All in all, this is a great looking built-in dishwasher, but if you're looking for the cleanliest dishwasher, you may want to go for something else. Honestly, we should have forked over a little more money for a better dishwasher, but we were trying to save where we could. Not a good idea.

Noise Level
Makes a little more noise than I'd prefer, however, it's relatively quiet compared to other dishwashers I've seen.

Cleaning Time
Has a low wash, heavy wash, and also a smart auto cycle. Cleaning time is relatively a couple hours.

Loading Flexibility
Can't put too much on the bottom rack as the dishwasher tablet dispenser will not open if there's anything remotely close to it during the cycle.

Doesn't get dishes very clean. Must use a special type of Jet dry for the dishes to even get dried.

Really like the look of this.. sleek, classy, and modern. Fits well with all Samsung Stainless steel appliances.

So far it's alright.. we should have probably purchased a more expensive dishwasher to get a better clean.

Incredible

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

I can practically put dirt in this thing and it comes out clean! I got a Samsung Built-in Dishwasher after a bad experience with a GE dishwasher. What a great decision! This came after the recommendation of a close friend who maintains an immaculate home while working and caring for a young son. I needed something that performed.
After purchasing a Samsung refrigerator, I was not hesitant to take her recommendation to heart.
I have never regretted that decision. I try to put my dishes in the dishwasher immediately after my family finishes eating, but with 2 little toddlers and a very busy husband (not to mention working part-time myself), I am guilty of letting dishes pile up.
Samsung to the rescue. This dishwasher can handle even the crustiest plates! This dishwasher is literally the easiest thing to operate. I love the eco-friendly setting. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but it is just as effective at making my dishes sparkle and shine.
I have extremely hard water but have never needed to add a rinsing agent. This dishwasher works great with my homemade dishwashing soap.

Super quiet

Quick and effective

Gets the job done

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

Based on my title, you might expect a mediocre review, as in, "this dishwasher does an okay, so-so job." However, the review title is actually meant to be a hugely positive statement, as this is the first dishwasher I have owned that honestly does what it says it will do! A big thing for me, and something that few dishwashers seem to be able to do, is the ability of a dishwasher to fully dry the fishes, even the plastic Tupperware type dishes! It annoys me, to no end, when I must hand dry all of the dishes, after waiting for the dishwasher to finish the supposed dry cycle!!!
Another positive aspect of this dishwasher is that it runs quickly and quietly. I like to entertain and host friends and family meals, etc. I also like to use real dishes, rather than throw away dishes, to be greener, and to save money and such. My old dishwasher had a very long run time, and it was frustrating to wait so long for one load to finish so that we could start another load.
All in all, I cannot think of any major complaints, so far!

• Loading Flexibility:

Good dishwasher, just a lot of display buttons

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

This dishwasher works well. It gets the dishes clean, is relatively quiet, and looks nice on the outside. I do like that the buttons are at the top, which make it look so streamlined.

Noise Level
This is much quieter than our last dishwasher and the run cycle itself is quiet enough that it doesn't bother me watching TV in the adjacent room. It does cause a bit of noise with the exhaust spout that expels water near the sink, but I don't think that is a noise issue that the dishwasher itself could change.

Cleaning Time
I wish it didn't take quite as long as the cycle did to complete a cycle. It does seem to take a lot longer than my last dishwasher.

Loading Flexibility
very easy and I like the top rack options. It seems naturally laid out in a way to load the dishes.

Dishes come out very clean. Once in a while some of the tops of the cups with have water with residue trapped, but that is a condition of the cup shape and not the dishwasher.

My favorite aspect of the dishwasher. It looks so sleek and nice without all the buttons cluttering up the front of the machine.

We've only had it for a year, but no problems yet!

Quiet and Efficient

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

I don't know why this dishwasher has such low ratings. I LOVE this thing! It's super quiet, so I sometimes forget that I've even started it. I love that you can adjust the height of the top shelf so you can fit taller wine glasses without putting them on the bottom and that you can adjust the tines in both the top and bottom shelves to allow you to load larger items. In comparison to other newer washers I've used, I'm able to fit in a lot more overall. I've never had a problem with things not being completely clean and sparkly when they're done, even when I load dishes with dried on food. And, I think it's pretty nifty to have the buttons on the inside of the lid. Pretty cool feature if you ask me!

Whisper quiet.

Cleaning Time
Seems to sense the load pretty well if you use the sense load feature, or, run the normal cycles and it runs about the same length as other dishwashers.

Loading Flexibility
Did I mention that I love dropping the top shelf? Because I do. Hello, wine glasses! No more hand washing for you!

Not the best purchase

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

So many issues with this model. Doesn't dry the dishes. In fact, the inside of the dishwasher is completely WET when the cycle is over. Racks are set up strange. Buttons aren't very sensitive and you have to press them several times to turn on the dishwasher. It's been a headache. When we complained about the model, we were given a replacement. But, it is horrible as well. We ended up returning this one and upgrading to the next model. It gets delivered next week and my fingers are crossed that at the very least the dishes come out dry.

very quiet

Cleaning Time
takes a very long time to run a cycle of dishes

Loading Flexibility
The set up of the racks is strange. Not enough secure spaces for glasses on the top rack and way too many spots for plates on the bottom. Just strange.

Very attractive design. That's why we purchased it. Wish we would have researched it more.

Jury is out on that one...we aren't keeping this model.

• Loading Flexibility:

Overall we love this dishwasher!

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

We purchased an older home as our first home and with that came mostly older appliances as well.

Noise Level
This is actually the best thing about this dishwasher it is virtually SILENT, I can run it when we are sound asleep and we can barely hear it at all, it almost sounds like lightly crashing waves and not a loud, obnoxious dishwasher!

Cleaning Time
We always run the "Sanitize" run when we do our dishes and it does seem to take a while longer and there is no outside timer or anything that lets you know how long a cycle takes or how long it is going to run for, that is definitely a small downside.

We have not had this dishwasher very long yet, only about 4 months but so far, so good! This dishwasher gets used at least once and sometimes twice a day in our home!

We LOVE the design of this dishwasher, it was the first stainless steel appliance we purchased, we are working on transitioning to all stainless, it looks great!!

Quietest Dishwasher On The Market

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

We've had 3 dishwashers in 23 years and this is by far the best. It's quiet. It's easy to use & it gets even the worst pans clean.

Loading Flexibility
This thing has tons of options for even the most awkward dishes.

I'm very impressed with the storm wash option. That saves me from having to scrub.

It's stainless steel so it matches all our other appliances.

• Loading Flexibility:

It's decent, Wouldn't buy it again if I could do it over..

from Salem, OR

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

Yes this dishwasher does get my dishes clean. It's just really annoying that it takes a much longer time to run a normal cycle and than when it is done all my dishes are dripping wet. I have to sit there and hand dry them all with towel before I put them away. If I wash using the heavy duty mode then they come out nice and dry like I like but such a waste of energy. My second gripe is that when loading the bottom rack it easily gets off track when pushing it back in and the wheels will pop off! Such a pain lifting the rack when its full to get it back aligned. For the most part its not very load so thats a plus! I almost never have to re-wash anything but then again I do a pre rinse before starting a load.

I do appreciate that the buttons are placed on the top of the door so when it's closed they are not in sight so little kids can't go an reset everything while its running. Also, this dishwasher has a child lock option which is helpful.

• Loading Flexibility:

Excellent dishwasher, quiet and efficient

from Breezy Point, NY

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

Easy to set and power on, you will not know it is running

Noise Level
Very quiet, you will not know it is on

Cleaning Time
Can take a bit longer than other models but it is efficient and dishes are always clean

Loading Flexibility
Top rack is easy to store glass and drinking utensils, lower rack spaces dishes and larger items

Great!!! Quiet and dishes are always clean and dry when the cycle ends

great design

Stronger and sturdier than GE appliances. Can do multiple loads in a day with no sign of wear and tear

• Loading Flexibility:

Great quiet stainless steel dishwasher

from Germantown, WI

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher B/W:

Good quality dishwasher. Quiet, has lots of room, adjustable racks and cleans the dishes. The one thing we learned is you must always put a rinse agent in. If there is no rinse agent then the dishes come out very wet. However since using the rinse agent most dishes come out very dry, only a few with with lips come out wet.

We did have to move around dishes a bit once we got it. There were a few loads that had some dirty dishes. However once we figured out a good way to load it they have since came out cleaned.

We haven't own this dishwasher for years yet but are hoping that the stainless steel & tines hold up better than our last dishwasher.