2.5

2.5

Pros

Cons

Quiet quality: Samsung DMR78AHS

This is a GREAT dishwasher. The dishes come out sparkling clean every time. The best part is that it's so quiet that you can barely tell the dishwasher is running. We've had several guests comment on how quiet our dishwasher is and they can't believe it. You can fit a LOT of dishes in this dishwasher, as well. The top rack is very deep on one side and you can fit large items there, plus shorter items on the other side like small cups or kids cups, etc. We really like the utensil caddy, it's huge and you can open or shut the baskets depending on how you want to wash your utensils. We installed this one ourselves and it was pretty easy installation and we've never had any problems with it. The one issue we've had was a clogged drain because a piece of plastic got stuck in it -- it's easy to disassemble the bottom drain area and remove debris, and our dishwasher was up and running again right away without any problems. Powerful yet quiet dishwasher!

Not worth it!!

We were so excited for our new appliances, but this dishwasher was a HUGE disappointment!!  It smelt horrible inside, and we thought it was our fault at first because we put our dirty cups and plates inside without rinsing them off first.  We tried rinsing the dishes before putting them inside and it did not help at all, if anything the smell kept getting worse.  Then we started noticing that the dishes were never dry after running it either, we were so unbelievably frustrated!!  We had thought that it was only a phase and kept trying different things and when nothing worked we called Samsung to register our complaints and to see what they could do for us.  They listened to what we had to say and were more then happy to let us return it and get another dishwasher.  I was so impressed, no arguing with them at all, they were great to deal with!  The only good thing that came of it the whole mess was the EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!  We were able to exchange it no problem!!

**All of our other Samsung appliances have been great, I would recommend staying away from their dishwashers though.**

STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNIT

from ON

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Thoroughly
    • Unreliable

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher (DMR78AHS) is terrible. We have called Samsung on many occasions and even had our call escalated to the executive level to be told nothing can be done.

We get very poor performance with the washing cycle and now an error code (SE) does let the machine start up any more.

Samsung have NOT been helpful and do not want to assist. BUYER BEWARE of this machine...you will be purchasing stainless steel for the recycle pile after a short time!

Definitely not a recommended purchase!!!!!

This product is okay.

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

I really like the product as far as performance. But when my husband was installing it he had some issues, then had to go buy a part that it didn't come with. Also during installation the front of my door got a small dent put in it, and the linoleum got ripped right in front of the dishwasher it is very noticeable, all in all it washes my dishes fine, but the installation process was difficult and annoying.

Noise Level
      It is much quieter than I was used to, my old dishwasher was very loud and annoying. This one I can hardly hear from my living room, which had no wall to separate from my kitchen. I like the fact that it is so much more quiet, the old one used to really get on my nerves.

Cleaning Time
      It doesn't take any longer than my last dishwasher, yet it even does a better job, my dishes actually come out clean with this one unlike the last.

Loading Flexibility
      I could fit a lot of things into this one, but I am not sure that I like the way that the racks are set up. They are just okay.

It seems to do it's job pretty well and get the dishes clean which saves a lot of time on my part, when my last one broke I would spend over an hour in the kitchen just hand washing them.

I think that the overall design does look fine. it looks really nice to me and matches my other kitchen appliances.

I already got a dent in the front of mine from installation, I think that the front is not made well on these and they seem like they must be made of a really thin metal. But as far as the system itself I really hope that it lasts for a while, I don't want to be buying another dishwasher any time soon.

unit returned replaced 2 motors+pumps seal inlet hose drain

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

The dishwasher was returned after 5 th warranty repair Bought a Kitchenaid Works Great!!!!
      The only positive review must come from Samsung employees
      This dishwasher does not clean dishes well.
      Food is left on dishes this is not dried on food just bits of
      loose food . Bad from the first day.
      You have to wash the dishes before loading if you want them clean.

Cleaning Time
      2 hours on normal
      3 hours on heavy duty
      Ain't got no time for that!

Loading Flexibility
      tines are too close together
      if you skip tines you cannot load may dishes.

let the dog lick the plates they will be cleaner
      than washing them in this dishwasher!!

Rack adjusters broke after the first week

• Loading Flexibility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

I HATE my top-of-the-line Samsung dishwasher. Corbeil in Ottawa is not interested in supporting the product. They contacted Samsung who is LESS interested than Corbeil. Yes, it's quiet, but, unless I pre-wash the dishes, they don't come clean. Residue is left on glasses. Dishes must be spaced really far apart if I want any success.

Samsung DMR78AHS Dishwasher Poor Performance

from Shelbyville, KY

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

I have tried every dish soap on the market & still have food on the dishes. Now the drain hose is split! We can't replace it since the part has to be ordered from Samsung & the bottom has to come off to get to it. Scheduled service for that & the poor performance. Took a day off work & received a call that they did not have the part & would take a week to get it in. I hate this dishwasher! There is no way you could load it as in the manual & get the dishes clean. The placing for the plates are too close together so they touch & food particles get caught between the plates. We purchased because it was supposed to hold a large capacity of place settings. No way! It is quiet! But it takes 2+ hours on normal cycle. 3+ hours on heavy!! I want my money back. Purchased 4/25/10 at Lowes!!!

Overall satisfied

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

Overall, we're quite satisfied with our Samsung Dishwasher. We've always been happy with other Samsung products that we've purchased, so we decided to give the dishwasher a try when we were in the market for one in our new home.

On the positive side, it's relatively quiet, does a good job of cleaning (as opposed to our old dishwasher, where you really had to scrub everything clean before putting it in), and dries dishes well -- at least when we use rinse aid.

As for the negatives, if you fill up the soap too much, it doesn't dispense properly. (However, there's an easy solution there -- don't use too much soap.) Also, if any of the jets are blocked, dishes don't get clean. (Again, just make sure that the jets aren't blocked.) It's a relatively long cycle -- about 2 hours -- but there are options for shorter cycles and/or heavier duty ones, too.

The racks are a little awkward at first, but after adjusting them to meet our own needs, I'm happy with the layout.

DMR78AHS Dishwasher the worst I ever owned!

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

We bought this dishwasher less than a year ago and the cheap plastic adjusters keep breaking even though we never adjust them. They always stay in the highest position. The dishes have to be washed before you put them in to get clean. The drying is not good but works better with the Turbo dry. Dishes are very awkward to load. I read the reviews before and decided on getting a different one, but the owner of the appliance store assured me that he has never had a complaint on this dishwasher and he has sold many of them. I'm extremely upset that I did not listen to all these complaints. I have not always been totally happy with every appliance I bought, but you deal with it and make adjustments. This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to warn others that this is the worst dishwasher I have ever had.

Useless!

from Greensburg, IN

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

At first there was this terrible smell in the dishwasher!  If we don't use the dishwasher every day the smell comes back!  The racks are cheap and the bottom one always comes out too far and then the wheels come off when we try to push it back!  It does not clean properly at all and we usually have about 15 items that need to be rewashed by hand because the dirt is baked on!  The dishes are always super wet after the cycle is done and have to dry many of them by hand.  We have tried a few types of detergents with no improvement!  The only positive things are the appearance and the little noise it makes!  We hate it!!!

great product

from Warrensburg, MO

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

We purchased this dishwasher 1 month ago.  It cleans even very soiled dishes like a dream. I can hardly hear it running. It is very quiet. Installation was a bit of a challenge eventhough we have extensive do-it-yourself experience.  Much better than our previous Kitchen aid. Lots of space to load dishes.  Has removable lower section to make room for larger pots pans.  Upper section is adjustable.  This is the most quiet dishwasher I have ever had. I love how the controls are hidden.  Mine is a stainless steel model, and it is beautiful open or closed.  We use the sanitize feature a lot.  It works best with the rinse aid.  It does seem to take a bit longer to run, but it saves me time prerinsing, so I am all for that.  I never have to reload an item that was not washed completely.  I feel like a queen with this fancy item in my kitchen.  Loading the untensil rack took a bit of getting used to, but now it is second nature.

Does the Job, but is Pricey

from Holly Springs, NC

Comments about Samsung Built-in Dishwasher:

We purchased this two months ago, and initially liked it because of the stainless steel tub, and cleaning element under the top and bottom racks. We do find it awkward to load the dishes, as the tines aren't flexible. Bowls go in the top rak, but most have to be placed sideways to be cleaned. The bottom rack has a removable set of tines to allow placement of larger bowls/pots; however, removal is awkward, so I find that I actually do a lot of handwashing of larger bowls.

We used the automatic gel packs for cleaning detergent, and found that the "door" to the detergent stuck when using gel packs, and did not open. We were left with dishes covered with a light film, but still dirty.

However, when the dishwasher is packed correctly, the unit is fantastic. SUPER quiet -- we can hardly tell when it is running. It has a really sleek design, and looks fantastic.

While the unit does the job of higher priced pieces, it does take a bit of work to get the dishes in there properly.