Other DVD Players & Recorders:
Samsung
BD-UP5000
Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player

Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player

blu ray is the only way to watch movies

Since I got my blu ray player, I would never think of watching a regular DVD again. The sharpness and clarity of the picture is superior and the colors are so vibrant, it's like virtual reality come to life. And as the prices have declined the bargain has gotten even better on this model.

Great Blu-Ray

I would give it a higher star review if it weren't for the lag time. Sometimes there is a couple minute hang up while it tries to switch menu's or going from one thing to another and actually has frozen a couple times in the process where I had to turn it off and back on again. Other than that, LOVE the fact I can stream my Netflix movies on it, and I like the few other apps available too. Hope they get some more because there is a lot of places this can go!

Big band for the buck!

from Jacksonville, OR

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

This is one of the best buys I have made for home video.  I've been through Laserdisc, VHS, regular DVD.  This is the way it is supposed to be!  I had two glitches with not being able to play certain titles, but got the upgrades on-line for free, now it works great!

With this player, who needs cable?

from Clayton, NC

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

This DVD player is great, especially combined with the LinkStik which allows you to stream Blockbuster, Pandora, Netflix and Youtube through the DVD player straight to your TV! Picture quality is remarkable. It loads a bit slowly, but it is worth the wait.

Awesome samsung blue ray

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

Wow i have to say about this player. One of thee best on the market if not the best. If you you want a player that does it all this would be that player. The quality on the player is out of this world. They were thinking when they made this player. The price was also great on this prayer as well. I would not change a thing, just maybe lets you burn your discs and then i would be very happy.

Best price for what your getting. Great quality on what your watching different features that blows in other device out of the water.It gives you piece of mind that you have bought a great product and from a well known company. I got this brand new and ever since i took it out of the box i have been very happy with this player. I ahve told others about this product and they have bought it as well. If you want something that is going to be a great player pick this one. I have had other players but nothing like this one.

Samsungs Blu Ray is fantastico

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

After looking at blu-ray players for a while, I looked into the new line of  Samsung players that had been released. I purchased mine from a  best Buy  because my cousin worked there and got me a deal i couldn't complain about. Its definitely a great player and the more i discover its features the more i like it. I have owned several samsung products before, and I trusted them to produce a player  that worked better than most others and for the most part i was not wrong. The best thing about this model is the WiFi to stream netflix. Networking setup was very easy. I had some problems in the beginning, it didnt take me too long, i went through the troubleshooting if i got stuck and it helped me quite a bit to glide through. I tried the Apps and they make streaming quite easy. The image is great, and once it loads up and buffers, it is great and i do have a really fast broadband connection  The sound quality is fantastic, i have not had problems loading the  any of the Blu rays. Quite happy with the purchase.

Samsung BlueRay DVD player is pretty damn kool

from New York, NY

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

I have always been a big fan of good electronics, i have tried to keep abreast with the latest  gadgets around, so when the Blue Ray fever caught on, i waited a while, for the regular Blue ray DVD to stabiles before i would purchase a player for my self. Once they stabilized i started my research and found alot of favorable reviews for this Blue ray player, the price didn't seem overtly obscene, so on a sale at the local best buy i landed up buying this particular Blue ray player.  It didn't take too much time to set up, but then i am pretty good at setting those things up. But when i let the thing roar i realized it had some truly awesome features, that completely blew me away.  First of all it had a wifi built in, that could hook up to blockbuster, or netflix or even Youtube, i really enjoyed that as i synched up my netflix streaming account to this player. It has a 1GB inbuilt memory. Its got both a HDMI and well as a USB connection. 1080p is its picture quality, and its exterior is very sleek, thin and pretty looking. It plays regular DVD's as well as CD and those avi and the likes. I will be upgrading my TV as well and cant wait for the combination to rev up my entertainment experience.

Great blu-ray player

from Kearny, NJ

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

I have had this blu-ray player for about a year.  I prefer using this over my Playstation 3 due to the low noise level.  When I first got it the setup was easy and quick. When I put a put a blu-ray in it, it boots up fairly quickly.  The output is phenomenal, 1080p without any hiccups or anything.  I dont know if its my eyes tricking me up dvd's also look better when played on this, they might be upscaled to 1080p but dont quote me on that.  The greatest feature of this player is its netflix capability.   Again I stay away from my ps3 because it tends to sound like a jet engine after about an hour of video playback so this samsung player is great for its low noise and great connectivity.  When I bought this it was fairly pricey but with its declining price, its well worth investing in one of these over a home theater pc for connectivity to things like netflix especially if you would want a big Playstation 3 in your home theater setup.

Superb!

from Washington, DC

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

The Samsung dvd player is superb, maybe even perfect. It can play most major formats of DVDs and high definition dvds. Overall, it is extremely easy to use - I think almost anyone could set this thing up and play dvds through its intuitive menu and instructional manual. The quality is probably the best thing about it. I can sit back, relax, and enjoy my movies and shows in great visual quality. I am thoroughly impressed by the picture quality displayed by this device. I would say that the price is another benefit - this dvd player does not cost as much as you would assume and seems to be had for a reasonable price at many places. The only con is that this thing needs to be upgraded soon, likely a firmware upgrade. Without that, the dvd player may become obsolete, which would be a shame. Overall, I would recommend this dvd player to anyone in the market for one because it does everything that you would expect a dvd player of its caliber to do.

Samsung Blu Ray player is very nice for the price

from Mission, KS

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

Big fan of Samsung products and this blu ray player in particular does not let me down. Used in conjunction with my samsung LED tv, it works amazingly well, and the images are fantastic! HD video looks so much better, and with more and more portable video players such as the Flip and etc. transitioning or selling HD recorders, it only makes sense to be able to play back your videos with the same high quality and detail that you would expect. THe remote control for the samsung blu ray player does tend to lag or delay slightly compared to a dvd player where the response times seem to more instant. For those that own a Samsung tv, the tv remote can also double as a blu ray remote, but only for in movie options such as stop, play, fast forward, rewind, and chapter skipping. Having the tv remote double as the blu ray remote is not the best situation, but is adequate if you can't find the darn blu ray remote for the time being. Overall, very happy with the player and have been recommending it to all my friends.

Samsung BD-P2550 - A solid 1080p player

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

This is the first standalone player I bought after owning my first and probably still the best Blu-ray player on the market, the Playstation 3. I  purchased this because there was an unbeatable open-box deal on it and I figured I'd give it a try. It's been working without any major issues for a few years now, but I do think I got lucky. I will get to that in a second. The primary reason for purchasing this player was for quiet operation. The Playstaiton 3 tends to get hot quite easily and its fans will kick in to cool the system down. I wanted minimal fan noise and less wear and tear on the Playstation 3. The Samsung player operates just fine with decent power up and disc loading times. The biggest surprise I got from this player was its inclusion of netflix streaming. At the time, there were not many devcies offering this, but now it's as ubiquitious as ever. I still find the streaming to be silky smooth. The Samsung player has an excellent upconverting chip that is active with use of dvd AND netflix playback. This makes the player one of a kind, and because of its quieter operation, I still use it as a my primary Blu-ray and netflix player.

Excellent DVD Player

from Washington, DC

Comments about Samsung Blu Ray and HD DVD Player:

This Samsung is one of the finest blu ray dvd players on the market. It is not my first dvd player, but by far it is the one I have found most easy to use. The video quality output of this dvd player is bar none of the best. You can see every finest detail of every scene in ever movie or show you are watching. I just can't stop raving about the picture quality to those that ask. Lastly, the applications are the best part, with pandora for music, netflix for movies, and youtube just for fun. One downside is that you have to keep upgrading in order to stay current. Sometimes this happens real fast and you're all of a sudden out of date. So you have to stay on top of things. Other than that, I'd say it is a great little blu ray player that does everything we need it to do. Overall, I would highly recommend this Samsung blu ray player to anyone in the market to purchase a new or first blu ray player.