Other Flat Screen TVs:

Samsung 56 in. DLP TV HL-56A650C

Samsung-56" 1080p Slim-Depth DLP HDTV-HL56A650 good pic quality

from Heyworth, IL

Comments about Samsung 56 in. DLP TV HL-56A650C:

Samsung-56" 1080p Slim-Depth DLP HDTV-HL56A650 is a pretty good TV.
The picture quality is amazing. Their sound is not good. So if you don't have surround sound system, don't buy this one.
The ideal setting is that you have your own Surround sound system at home.
One complain, when we bought this TV, it said 3D ready. Later we figured out that the TV is not 3D ready TV. We contacted Samsung for this issue, their reply was disappointing. If you want a 3D ready TV, this TV is not the one.
We got this TV when it was on sale. It is a little pricy for this TV.
Another thing is that I wish they have a port for earphones, so I won't worry about wake my kid up at night when I watch movie out loud. Overall, this TV is a decent TV to watch.

Pricey TV, but great quality.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Samsung 56 in. DLP TV HL-56A650C:

My dad got the Samsung DLP TV for his living room. When I came over it looked really nice and looked to watch movies over there with the family. He got it in 2005 and had it for awhile. The sound quality and picture quality exceeded excellence so you can really complain about it. The weight of the TV has got to be the lightest I ever felt on a 56 inch TV. The price for this TV at the time was worth it but later found out to be wrong. My father passed and but before hand he gave us the Samsung TV. It flickered on and off sometimes but would eventually work if you left it off.I understand how projection TVs work and how it needs a bulb in the back. What I didn't understand is that a lot of people have the same problem with this TV. It's great at first, but then ***IT*** happens...The bulb in the back of the tv went out. We looked into a replacement and found how that the price to repair it was quite expensive. We looked into other sources and found out people were getting together to file a lawsuit, because they were having the same problem we have.

I would **not** recommend this product due to that fact, and it got me iffy on any other Samsung TVs.

Mini Movie Theater Screen

from Carrollton, TX

Comments about Samsung 56 in. DLP TV HL-56A650C:

I am officially in love with this television! It has amazing high definition quality and the screen you just fall in love with. Though it does have bad volume sound (the volume would be on sixty and you still could not clearly hear the item playing on screen). Whenever a new movie or new episode premeires, I make it a priority to watch the episode or movie on the television. It was one of the only items in my house that made myself and my family feel like we were high or top status. Almost star level. An addition to this fabolous television is the fact when you turn it on it makes an elegant, musical sound. I enjoy turning on and turning off the television. It is also light weight (making it easier to move around). With over nine hundred and something channels, there is not any other television I would rather have to view it on. I love this television, and it was of amazing price as well! If I were you I would go out and rush to the store (Best Buy) and buy it RIGHT NOW!

This Samsung has an excellent picture"

from Belvidere, IL

Comments about Samsung 56 in. DLP TV HL-56A650C:

The picture quality is excellent. There are multiple options to adjust virtually everything including every aspect of the picture quality to adjust to individual taste, lightness, darkness, resolution options, sound options etc. There are so many options I haven't even used them all. I am not an electronics type of person so I had to review the instruction booklet to learn about the TV. I was amazed at the picture. You can see every virtually every wrinkle, vein and every hair on the actors head. Sometimes too much so that you can see their nose hairs, which I could do without, but that is just an example of how clear the picture is. The  large screen is great for viewing any type of show, including football games. This Football season has been absolutely fabulous with the exceptional picture quality. It actually makes you feel like you are right in the game and on the field. I would recommend this TV for anyone who likes a great picture and viewing experience without any complications in set up.

This Samsung DLP TV is a great value!

from Waterloo, IA

Comments about Samsung 56 in. DLP TV HL-56A650C:

Can't believe how nice this TV is, regardless of what I paid for it.

For those who want to know these things: Actual Screen Width: 49" (with a 5/8" bevel along the top and sides) Actual Screen Height: 27" Actual Depth of TV: 14" (give or take an inch) VIEWING ANGLES Side to side angles - no problems. Vertical angles can be a problem if you are too far above or below the actual screen. The bottom line is that you need to place the TV at a height that puts your eyes within the vertical line of sight of the actual screen (which you would likely do anyhow) or the picture will get dimmer. What I like the most about this TV is - NO GLARE! None!! Our previous TV was an annoyance in the daytime because of the door, windows and the lamp in the room. You saw everything in the screen, with the Samsung you see NOTHING! except the picture you are supposed to see. Even in the brightest part of the day it is perfect! I was prepared to accept some glare problems because of where this TV is located, but to my amazement there aren't any! NONE! It is light. When I bent down to pick it up to put it on the stand, I had myself prepared for a backbreaking load...I nearly sent it through the ceiling. In fact, it is so light, yet big, that if it will be located on a stand where a big dog or children can bump into it, you might want to take precautions. The remote is nice as well. There are easy remote presets for picture type and picture size that are really convenient. You do not have to go into complicated menus to make adjustments, just push a button (actually the menus are pretty simple as well). User friendly. I was dreading the endless adjustments and tweeks that must invariably be done...wrong again. Not necessary. Plug it in and turn it on. Seriously. You can make adjustments if you want to, but it is all easy and straight-forward. The Wii looks absolutely incredible on this TV. The Samsung really shows its stuff when the source (the media or the signal) match the capabilities of the TV. That won't always be the case, but when it does the Samsung makes you proud.

The one negative is the built-in speakers are junk and sound very 'thin' and cheap. This won't be an issue if you(like me and probably most of you) have a home theater. Several friends and family have seen the TV and were impressed by the picture and surprised by the price, as I was. There may be better TV's out there, but I doubt there are better deals.