Other Flat Screen TVs:

Pros

Cons

great tv!

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

This TV is great! We just moved and needed a new tv, this tv fit perfectly into the space we have and my god it is so sleek!! It's large by space but honestly it's thin and it just makes the whole living room look more modern! I love and would definitely buy again! sound and screen quality is fabulous as well! Very impressed with Samsung as this is the first product I own from them!

Just wanted to update this: I'm using this TV for the first time with a blue ray disc and wow the quality if phenomenal! The picture looks crystal perfect and with a new surround sound, I can easily say I'm ditching the theater and buying movies on blue ray!

fantastic!

Great Quality!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

I bought this television with my warranty from my previous television. I love it. The picture quality is outstanding and it very sleek looking. You can't really go wrong with Samsung, every flat screen I have bought has been excellent quality. This television fits my living room perfectly and I can't even tell you how loud it goes because this is not one of those televisions where you have to crank it up. It is holding up pretty well the last couple years and it is perfect for hosting. My husband loves his sports so he is loving the clarity of this picture. This has really proven to be an excellent purchase and I would by this again in a heartbeat

Hot In More Ways Than One

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

This television is a wonderfully designed piece of art. The brightness and color brings everything to life and makes you feel like you've magically transformed out of your room and into the screen. The only downside I have, is if left on too long, the heat that radiates could warm up any home on a cold winters day.

Samsung Plasma will have you Dancing With the Stars

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

Samsung Plasma HDTV definitely has the clearest, crisp picture compared to other televisions on the market. I would never trade our Plasma for any other type of tv. Kudo's for the technology behind the Samsung Plasma which lends towards the clear picture moreso than high definition by itself. I know because we have owned quite a lot of televisions, being that my spouse sells them for a living. Whenever anything new or updated becomes available, he has to buy one. My only regret is we should have opted for the 60" rather than the 50.

Picture Quality
Excellent, definitely at the top of it's game

Sound Quality
No need to add surround sound or a home theatre. Awesome as is

Don't let the thin design fool you. My cat's jump up on television stand all the time and it doesn't budge or move, much to my surprize. Very durable although lightweight.

Beautiful. We have one on a television stand in living room and one hanging on wall in spouse's man cave. I prefer on the wall.

• Sound Quality:

GREAT PICTURE FROM ANY ANGLE.

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

Love the tv. Great picture. Just HATE THE BURN IN FACTOR.

Picture Quality
NO PROBLEMS HERE UNLESS THE PICTURE IS THE SAME FOR AWHILE AND THE IMAGE BURNS IN.

vERY GOOD SOUND FOR A TV

nOT SURE HOW TO JUDGE DURABILITY ON A TV

CAN SEE PICTURE FROM ALL ANGLES

WORKS JUST LIKE IT SHOULD

the samsung 50 in. plasma tv is great

from Bradenville, PA

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

I own this tv ihad it for about 4 years and i have no problems with it. It has a really good picture. The sound is good there is very little glare  and it is easy to hook other componets to it. The only thing i can say bad about it is  that the buttons are a bit hard to see and use.

This samsung TV is the best plasma tv

from Kirkland, WA

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

I purchase the 58" version of this plasma tv from amazon and I'm extremely happy with my purchase. It was a great value for money and the picture quality is amazing. For fast moving images, plasma tvs have no blurring images and are much more smoother than LCDs. I did about 3 months of research on consumer reports and various other forums before settling on this tv. I think the newer models don't have any buzzing issues anyway. Glare is obvious when the tv is off but once you switch it on you don't feel it. I used some calibration settings recommended on cnet forums to set up my movie mode which seems to work well for day and night time viewing. The colors and hues are fantastic on a samsung. I found it more to my liking than its LG counterpart. The prices offered were also the best thru samsung! This is my first HDTV and I highly recommend it.

Great Picture Clarity and Amazing Color!

from Clayton, CA

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

This TV has the best picture hands down of any other Plasma screen I've seen! I have owned this set for more than 3 years and have had no trouble until recently where occasionally I'm seeing a half black screen that goes on and off . Once I figure out the problem I will post how the repair goes.

Samsung - PN50C550 is awsome

from Aliso Viejo, CA

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

We purchased this unit to hang above the fireplace in our family room. We already had a 72", 1080p HDTV with 7.1 surround sound set up in our media room but since we seem to spend a majority of the time in the Family Room (near the kitchen) we decided to get a flat panel HDTV and put it where we could view it while we're cooking. The picture is so sharp and crisp. The only complaint we have is the glare from the reflected light off the screen can somtimes be bothersome. However, we haven't had any problem with burn-in and don't notice the extra power consumption. For the size and price we don't think you can beat this TV. I've seen it right next to the Panasonic's, Sony's, Toshiba's, LG's...etc and the Samsung picture always looks clearer. We have it mounted on a swivel bracket so we can actually watch it while we're sitting in the backyard BBQ'ing also. It'll be great for the next SuperBowl party we have at our house. Would recommend it to anyone.

Good tv from a good company.

from Thompsons Station, TN

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

I have always personally owned LCD tv's and this is my first plasma. It has excellent color quality. It also has good picture quality. I owned a Samsung LCD before this tv, and this new tv has just as good of quality as the last one I owned. I also play a lot of video games and watch a lot of dvd's, and it handles these well too. There is no lag at all when playing a game and the colors do not blur at all. When watching a movie, it looks incredible. My only complaint with this television is that it's sound quality is not that great. I spent about fifty bucks for a cheap speaker set and woofer and hooked this up to the tv and now it sounds much better. Additionally, it does put out a lot of heat. This might be for all plasmas, but my lcd did not get anywhere near this warm. Other than that this is a great tv for your living room. Great tv to watch football, movies, play video games, or just about any other activity that you like to watch on tv.