Other Flat Screen TVs:

Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV

Samsung Plasma TVs are pretty sweet

from New York, NY

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

I don't have this exact model but one from the same series - a PN50A550 to be exact. Originally when I purchased it I did not do much research on the model - which is frankly unlike me. I bought it because there was a deal on it and decided to take the plunge. Previous Samsung Plasma series have been known to be unreliable and noisy so I was a bit worried. Well, so far I've had my 5 series plasma for over 2 years and have had virtually no problems with it and I use it quite a bit. There's no burn in (well there is but it clears out pretty quickly). There isn't much electronic noise coming from the rear (although there is some, so if you're expecting a completely quiet TV you won't get it from this series of Samsung plasma). Plenty of inputs and a swivel base are all things this TV has and really leave you wanting very little from this TV. Sure it isn't 3D and only 120hz but I still think its a great TV for a great price.

mixed feelings on the samsung 50 in plasma

from Clawson, MI

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

We purchased the tv a couples months ago and received a great deal on the product, but I have to say that I have mixed feelings about it. First is that you can leave anything from your DVR on pause because if you do it will burn and image into the screen. So that makes it really hard especially for somebody like me that has to keep up and down for many various reasons. Second you have to HD channels or the picture is too small on the screen and again it will burn an image into the screen. They do have a burn image protector in there but you have to turn it on by going into the menu and sometimes it is just to time consuming for all of that.Other than that the picture quality is really good and the sound is very good as well. Again based on that you would have to decide if saving the money like I was doing is really worth it. Also it is very easy to hook up video game systems and dvd systems just need hdmi cables.

I LOVE my Samsung Plasma TV, greatest housewarming gift ever!!

from East Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

I was thrilled when I saw the box come out of my best friend's car at our housewarming.  We have been addicted to our Samsung 50" since we got it!! The picture is phenomenal and the quality is can't be beat.  I sighed with relief when I saw the manufacturer.  Samsung is definitely a brand you want to consider!

An immaculate plasma TV for a moderate price.

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

This is the television you should show all your LCD buying friends to prove how vastly superior plasma is.  Deep, true blacks, immense contrast, and realistic colors put all LCDs, and most plasmas, to shame.  Forget about the 3D fiasco currently sweeping Hollywood;  mate a decent Blu-Ray player to this 1080p set, and the results are so vivid and sharp that it will look like stuff is jumping out of your screen, sans silly looking glasses.  The set has a very clean, simple design (the piano black frame is handsome, but a serious fingerprint magnet); I especially like the cool blue "on" light beneath the screen (this can be turned off for you pitch-dark movie watchers).  I've set this TV up as a second monitor for my computer, and can easily watch Hulu, Netflix, and home movies through my PC.  The set comes with a good array of connections; I've heard complaints that it "only" has 3 HDMI ports, but, if you have more inputs than this, you should be routing them through a receiver anyway.  The menus are all easy to read and intuitive to use.  It has developed a slight burn-in in the lower right hand corner (frackin' channel bugs!), but this is only noticable on an all white background (i.e. the menu of my Wii).  All in all, this is a top notch screen, particularly if you want to watch movies at the highest quality possible.

Samsung 50" is a good value for the price. High quality.

from Dubuque, IA

Comments about Samsung 50 in. Plasma TV:

Bought my Samsung 50" right after christmas time. Set out to buy a smaller one, around 42", but found such a great deal on this one. Heard that was the best time to buy one, since newer models were about to come out. Kept my eye out on this specific tv and the price. Read many many reviews that were very helpful in making my decision. Purchased this confidentely and am still happy with my decision. Had one incident with a burn in due to a game I was playing on my PS3. Used the burn in thing to take it off and it worked great. Got me a little hesitant, but not too much. Picture is great. Sound quality is okay, not the best, but it works. Would defenatly buy another one and reccommed purchasing to a friend. Samsung is high quality and I am proud with my decision. I love it!