Other Flat Screen TVs:

Samsung 46 in. LED TV

Pros

Cons

• Sound Quality:

Outstanding picture quality, good interface!

The TV took maybe half an hour to assemble to the pedestal and place it on the entertainment center. The assembly was easy. I received the wifi dongle, and I was instantly connected to the Internet. From the beginning, I noticed the very bright sharp picture quality, which is really awesome. However, the Soap-opera effect was immediately noticable. So I changed the Automotion type to Clear, and so far have been satisfied with the results. However, sometimes, I do switch the Automotion type to Standard, as I like the feel of the smooth motion sometimes. So I like the availability of options. I did notice some light bleeding when I have a dark screen, but I do not care about that, it is almost negligible and I think it does not reduce my viewing experience. I am satisfied with the black levels so far, it is black enough for me. If you have a very good HD source, the picture quality of the TV is going to impress. Also remember, that if you are not happy with the default picture settings, they need to adjusted for each source. Internet@TV settings can be adjusted while viewing Internet based videos.

Now onto the Internet apps. I can connect to the Internet using my TV, the Blu Ray player and an Xbox. I found that the Internet interface of the TV is worse compared to Xbox 360. However, it is OK. The clunky part is to input the characters using the remote. The Netflix interface is OK, however, it takes just a little longer compared to Xbox 360 to respond to remote inputs. As long as I have a very good wifi signal, I receive very high quality image from Netflix and am very satisfied so far. I have since downloaded some Apps from the Samsung store. There are not many available at this moment. The most I use are the Netflix, Pandora and Youtube. I have tried the news App, and didn't like the interface, it was not very visual.

I have connected the TV to a Onkyo receiver, so I do not use the inbuilt speaker. I have heard the sound from the speakers, they are OK. If you need the high quality sound, you definitely would need to route the sound through a receiver. Big picture needs big sound.

Probably not my first choice.

We have had the Samsung - UN46C6500 46 in. HDTV LED TV for about a year now. We bought it after getting our tax money back and got a package deal on it. Not great, but not too bad either. I love the picture on the tv. It is very crisp and clear. I also love the ease of finding things solely through the controller. For the most part, things are pretty easy and clear to understand. Navigation is as easy as it could be, also. However, I had read reviews about this TV and their were always complains about the sound. Honestly, I just thought it was something I could over look since I am not a picky person and I didn't think sound would be all that important to me. Well, it is. The sound is horrible! It is very difficult to understand what is being said. It's like a muffled sound coming from the speakers. Often times, we try to turn up the tv, thinking this will help, but I think it just makes it worse. I would get a different TV, only because of the sound on this tv.

Best screen ever!

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

I absolutely love this tv. It has a perfect screen, that is huge, and the colors are so vivid and bright. It's durable, and compatible with many different object. If I hook up my ps3, laptop, or dvd player to this tv, it still has a high quality picture. The sound quality is just as good as the picture. I love this tv!

Love this tv

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

After years of Panasonic and Sony tvs, I decided to go with a Samsung LED tv when I got a good deal during Black Friday. (Disclaimer: I still own a Sony LCD tv as my second tv). As satisfied as I have been with my flat screen Panasonics and Sony tvs, I must admit that my Samsung is my favorite by far of all the tvs I have owned. In terms of picture quality and vibrantness of the colors in the image, this tv far outperforms the other two brands I have owned.

One note that I will add however, is that the default contrast, color settings of this tv are not the best. If you are the type to use the stock settings on a tv, you will be disappointed. I fiddled with the contrast, color, etc. settings and there was a dramatic improvement. There are special blu-rays you can purchase that will help you to choose the best settings for your tv. One of the main reasons why this can be very different for every home is that the environment for each tv is so different, some people have very bright rooms, others very dark, etc.

Great TV for my Living Room

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

After having a 32" Samsung LCD TV for years, I needed a larger TV for my new Living Room. First, I knew I wanted Samsung because their contrast ration produces the most vivid colors out of all the manufactures. I saw this one on sale and ordered it. It was a bit tricky to get the settings right, but I Googled how to best calibrate the screen, applied the settings and am blown away by the colors and picture.

The biggest thing to know is that this TV supports 120Hz, but almost everything is currently 60Hz. This can create a strobe-like visual. Turn off the 120Hz during calibration and you'll be all set.

Samsung TV...enough said

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

First off all, I would like to say Samsung is by far the best TV maker in the market. It has been for a while and continues to be. The sharpness on this TV is unsurpassed by any other brand I have seen. Although the price is steeper than the other TVs which are on sale so often, it can certainly be seen that you do in fact get what you pay for. This TV is an investment you can see everyday. I suggest you get this TV or a size bigger. It ultimately depends on the size of your room and how big you like your TVs. If you have friends over to watch sports, this is the best size in my opinion, not only is it accommodating for multiple viewers, the clarity when watching HD football games is mind boggling.

Samsung's awesome creation

from Austin, TX

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

I love the TV its our second Samsung TV in 5 years. Overall the picture quality is really good. I love the inbuilt wifi so i can search the web. The app store is awesome and I can AllShare from my galaxy to the tv which is even better. We bought it at best buy and have had it for 2 months now. No complaints so far

Sound Quality
Its a very thin TV and tries to do the best it can, but you so need external speakers/ amplifiers

This Samsung TV picture is beautiful

from Saint Augustine, FL

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

I would give it a 7 out of 10. The picture quality and color are truly amazing it feels like you are right next to the people in the picture. You can see every wrinkle.  Be sure to measure the room if you are buying a screen this big because being to close to it is difficult on the eyes.  The issue we initially had was the sound from the TV's speakers were not very good. As I later learned this is common for most TV's that are this thin.  The wireless interface is a little confusing to set up.  Samsung customer service is pretty good and were patient in helping me set up the router and get it working.  So once your WiFi is setup it is pretty straight forward and not very complicated to figure although I am still learning that there is so much more I can do on this model.  I bought a quality 3.1 Home Theater to compliment the TV and now its truly a pleasureable viewing experience.  I would recommend the TV, but advise about the sound issue.

Amazing picture!

from Mobile, AL

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

This tv is amazing! Very light and thin. The quality of the picture is incredible! And the price was wonderful! The only con is the quality of the sound from the tv speakers is very poor. But, I have surround sound Bose speakers so I do not even use the speakers from the tv. I feel that most people who have a tv this size would have a stereo sytem as well.

Samsung - UN46C6500 46' LED TV

from Austin, TX

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

TV has perfect picture quality. Due to its very thin design no need to expect good sound from its speakers. There is another choice of the same 6 series TV if you don't need features like Apps/Internet with slitly different design and price is a bit cheaper. Samsung UN46C6500 LED TV is worth to buy. The colors are rich and vivid, the depth of black levels is perfect. The Panel is reflecting any light in front of TV, so the best way to watch this TV in dark room without light. The TV body itself is very thin, due to spec it is about 1 inch of thickness. The perfect combination if you connect you notebook via HDMI so you will get the big monitor for webserfing, gaming and watch your HDTV movies downloaded from internet with the best quality of picture.

Incredible Samsung TV with a great picture

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

I just got this Samsung 46-Inch TV for my new apartment from ABT. It was a present, so I'm not sure about the price, but this was definitely a standout TV in the store. The screen is absolutley huge! And it was actually light - very easy to maneuver around my apartment. I'm not sure if I will use the HD feature, but it is very nice to have. Samsung consistently produces quality electronics, so I wasn't surprised at all about this television.

The Samsung- UN46C6500 46 in. HDTV LED TV is an incredible value and has wonderful picture quality! I have used my DVR on it, so I've watched a fair amount of shows, and the TV works great. It's so easy to use, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the market for a brand new television with a giant screen.

Samsung - UN46C6500 46 in. HDTV LED TV Like Being there!!

from Nutley, NJ

Comments about Samsung 46 in. LED TV:

When people told me that certain flat TV's Pictures were amazing I never really believed them, until I received this TV as a Gift. Watching sports is like being in the arena and watching show's like Hawaii 5-0, makes you feel like you are in Hawaii. I LOVE THIS TV!!!!! I can't wait for my older TV to Die, so I can buy another....