View more cell phones

A437
Samsung - 437 Cell Phone

Samsung - 437 Cell Phone

3.5

Samsung A 437 a good phone??

The Samsung A 437 by AT&T is a great starter phone. The phone takes wonderful pictures, has a great battery life and is very durable. The downfall is it is NOT a text efficient phone. It doesn't bluetooth files or music. You can still use the bluetooth for the wireless headset, but no files or music transfer. If you like to browse the internet with a phone than you shouldn't use this phone. The Samsung A 437 has a very minimal amount of features which classifies it as a basic phone. It can't read big multimedia messages, which now days are very common. The Samsung A 437 is for someone that doens't want a lot of features. These are great phones to give to children that are just starting out with their phones. It is even simple enough that elderly people are able to figure this phone out. Although the phone does take pictures it does not record videos. It records voice. Overall the Samsung A 437 is a great starter phone and a great phone for someone that doesn't want a lot of features.

Don't waste your money or your free phone with this one

After having this Samsung A437 cell phone for only 2 months, I began to start to have problems with my screen going black on me.  I would have to turn the phone off and turn it back on again to get the screen to show.  The phone was so delicate, I felt the charger was going to break off in it each time I plugged it in.  I don't txt much, but if you did,it would be difficult because the key pad is smooth and you cannot feel the different numbers.  Most of all the screen going bad so quickly after getting it.  After having the phone for 7 months, I dropped it in the toilet.  I think this was a blessing for me to get a new phone.  I suffered with no screen for only a short time before I decided I needed to spend the money to buy a new phone.  I realize that whether or not I had dropped it in the toilet, the cell phone was so terrible to deal with the screen going black, that I would have needed a new one anyways...what kind of cell phone only works good for 2 months???  I guess a Samsung A437

Has lots of bugs

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

This celly is hard to figure out. It shuts itself off any time it wants to. Only accepts a bluetooth once in a while.

I've exchanged it 3 times and I get so frustrated with it, most times I just shut it off.

Can't wait to get a different phone.

It is an impressive product.

from Elizabethtown, PA

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

The A437 by Samsung is a very good phone. It has a long battery life (3 days or more, 6 hrs. of talk time) and it is rechargeable ofcourse. It is extremely thin, light, and durable. It has a wide array of accessories that it can go with. This includes cases, and 10+ face plates with different colors! It comes naturally in three optional colors: blue, silver, and chrome red. I rate it an A- overall, just because it is a slightly older model. It is still a very good choice: excellent quality!!!

simple and nice

from Ardmore, PA

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

Well, if you want a simple phone with bluetooth, this is the one you wants cheap!I will only list cons: the USB connection for power cord is OK, but the door seems filmsy.bluetooth can only be used to connect earphone, but not computerthe wired earphone is not standard 1/8 size plug, but a specific one.

Don't bother, it doesn't work.

from Conway, MO

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

I got this phone because my contract was up when my son washed his phone. My old phone had been dropped in coffee, and then Ben washed it. But it still works. I would have understood if it hadn't, I don't really expect a phone to hold up to that. But this new phone is bad. It has not been dropped, dunked, or anything else. And it just shuts off. Seems to happen more when it's in your pocket. Jacket or pants. I took it back and they gave me a new one just like the original. It does the same thing. My old phone is a samsung, It was older and uglier, but 2x's the phone. I will pay more and get another. They should just pull this one off the shelves.

Samsung A 437 a good phone??

from Crawfordsville, IN

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

its a cute, durable phone and i love it!

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

This is a great phone. It isn't up to date like all the cell phones coming out now, but it is great and very simple to use. It has a great battery life. I talk on the phone for like 6 hours before it will actually cut off on me. It has instant messaging that is also simple to use. You can get about 120 text messages in your inbox and outbox before it tells you that you need to empty out your text messages. yes! it tells you to do it on its own! You can reject unwanted phone calls while the phone is still closed using the side volume button on the outside of the phone. You can also block numbers from calling you and text messaging you if you please. It has bluetooth, but you can only use it for the bluetooth headset. No, you cannot send and receive data with the bluetooth, but if have internet access you can send and receive picture messages. You can also send and receive audio through multimedia messageing also.

Don't waste your money or your free phone with this one

from Sandpoint, ID

Holy Bells and Whistles, Batman

from Tionesta, PA

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

I can't really review this slim little flip phone on the basis of need of features. My husband insists I have a cell phone with me while I'm in my vehicle, and really ALL I want to do is pick up the hello, hear what's being said and know they can hear me. My needs are simple and I would strongly prefer (next time) fewer features. IF you are a person who doesn't text and is not concerned with the camera and bluetooth, or connecting online, don't choose this somewhat cumbersome model.

Additonally it just sort of "shuts off" from time to time regardless of charge status. I've not been able to figure out why.

On the plus side, it is wonderfully small and sleek!

The Samsung-A437 cell phone is a great cell phone to own.

from New Richmond, WI

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

The Samsung-A437 cell phone is an easy cell phone to operate.  The Samsung-A437 has all the  basic features and more.  You can text to your friends and picture message too. That is one of my favorite features.  I have never had any problems with this phone.  It is small and compact so you can bring it any where.  I know anyone would love to have this cell phone.

The A437 is a great phone for simple people.

from Saint Augustine, FL

Comments about Samsung - 437 Cell Phone:

The Samsung - SGH-A437 is a good phone because of the simplicity of the the controls and features. There aren't that many features, but the ones it does have are fantastic. I got this phone originally for my kids, but after realizing how good it was, I got them a new phone and took theirs. After a year of taking damage it still looks great and works perfect.