Other Flat Screen TVs:

Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV

Pros

Cons

Samsung 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV

From my personal experience, I have found that the Samsung 42 in. HDTV Plasma TV is a very high quality purchase.  I purchased one in July, and have found that it provides a very good viewing experience.  The picture quality is crisp, and clear.  The colors are precise in nature.  The sound quality is flexible and brings out all of the different portions of the song.  The bass is low where you want it to be.  The treble is high where you can easily make out the words to each song.  The mid range makes the listeninging experience quite pleasant.  I also found that it was priced as a very good value.  I have also found that the versatility that it offers in terms of how it allows you to use add on accessories makes it an item that gives the competition a run for their money.  I also like the fact that the tvis not very heavy.  So, when i am rearranging a room or have to move to a new home, i have found that the tv is very easy for one person to transport.

having some issues

Loved the TV for the first year, however now there is about a 20 second delay when turning it on and clicking noise. Not sure what is wrong with it but have other reviews and heard the same thing on this model and some of the others. Have also heard is somewhere between 200-300 to fix it. Would not recommend it due to how much it cost and to have such and expensive issue already.....

Samsung never lets me down

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

I have had this plasma TV for about 3 years now. People always told me in the past that plasma TVs don't last as long as a regular LCD TV would (especially playing a lot of video games on it), but this TV has never given me a problem. It is very sleek looking. The picture and sound quality is great and the price I paid for it was even better! Samsung has never let me down, and I will continue to purchase Sansung plasma TVs in the future. I highly recommend this product.

• Sound Quality:

Very Good TV for the price.

from Alpine, UT

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

When we were looking for a TV, the salesman directed us to this Samsung because of the price. When we started to compare the picture quality with other brands, we were quite pleased to see that the quality was as good as others that were more expensive. The colors are vivid, and clear. The sound quality is just as good. We put the TV on the wall of our bedroom above the window so we can watch it easily from bed. This worked great, but we didn't think about the heat vent in the ceiling above it. After about a year, the picture went blank. We called the repairman, and he said that the reason this happened was because of the heat hitting it, I think he said the "picture board" but not sure of what it was called. Anyway, we had to replace that. He told us that they are quite sensitive to heat, so we have closed that heat vent now. Other than this, which was our fault, not a problem with the TV, we have not had any other things go wrong with it. It is a great TV, especially for the price.

• Sound Quality:

Samsung is a very reliable brand and hasn't let me down

from Jackson Heights, NY

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

I have had my 42 inch Samsung Plasma for 4 years now and I love it.  The picture is great and you can see it from anywhere in the room.  The reason I don't give it 5 stars is because I have noticed some distortion when the picture on screen is dark. A night scene becomes very hard to see and sometimes there is a glare from a lamp in the house on the screen which also interferes with the picture. The dark screen scenes are my only complaint since sometimes I can't see anything going on. The picture though is fantastic when it is a sports event or such because you truly feel like you are in the game. The only other thing to be careful with is if you play video games because we had a burned in image from the bottom of the screen showing health all the time in the game and it burned in the screen. The good thing is the tv has a feature that you can use in cases like that to erase it if it isn't too badly burned in. We used it and after awhile it worked. I wouldn't recommend gaming on this tv

• Sound Quality:

So far, been a great TV!

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

We've had this TV for about three and a half years and it works great! We currently have placed it on a TV stand but have the option to hang it with brackets which we plan to do soon to free up space. It is a little heavy and a two-man job to carry but it's to be expected with the larger TVs. The picture is great, no problems with pixels or anything of the sort. Overall, very happy with this telivision!

Picture Quality
Great definition, great picture! What more can you ask for.

Sound Quality
Just don't allow your child to get a hold of volume control! It does go loud but with no consequences. The speakers took it well!

Has endured a move and three and a half years of constant family use. Definitely use caution with kids, however. Could tip over if not properly set up.

Very sleek design. Does stick out about 4 -5 inches in the back. Not as thin a design as some models available today, but works for us well.

So far no problems. Great TV!

• Sound Quality:

This has been a great TV for us!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

We purchased this as our first and only tv as a household and it has served us well! We bought the Samsung Blue-Ray player with it so that it would be most compatible, but now we use primarily the XBOX and stream instant movies, which it does a great job of. The 42" is a great size for our living room: big enough to see across the room, but not so overwhelming that it takes over the space. Other than occasional instances when the screen width does not match something plugged in from the computer, we have no complaints about this tv and will probably keep it as long as it lasts!

Sound Quality
Good- not very loud, so we bought a surround sound system to go with it.

The buttons on the side for volume and channel are a bit hard to find when the remote is missing :)

Samsung know their stuff

from East Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

I purchased the New 43" Class (43.04" Diag.) Plasma 450 Series TV and it is the best investment

Picture Quality
Plasma is the way to go in a room that is dark. The other flat screen i had in the room was not great. The Samsung plasma is completely visible in any angle.

Sound Quality
Sound is great - do not need extra speakers to have a theater experience with the sound.

sleek

clear and crisp

• Sound Quality:

Samsung Plasmas are a great value!

from Denton, TX

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

I have owned my Samsung 42" 720p plasma TV for more than a year. Before I bought the TV I did a ton of research and decided that because of prices at the time I could get the highest quality and size with plasma. From day one, and in just about every detail one would expect from a TV, the Samsung has exceeded my expectations. The life-like color contrast of this model is fantastic for the price. Plasma TVs are better for someone who likes a great amount of color contrast, and the contrast on this model is fantastic. I play Xbox 360 a lot, and have never been remotely disappointed with the sharpness of the picture even though it does not get maximum resolution (1080p). The swivel stand allows me to easily adjust the TV in my apartment depending on where I am. The three pre-set display options work very well with what they are supposed to. Setup was a cinch- simply screw the TV into its mount.

This Samsung 42 in HDTV is great

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

When I initially saw this television I had no idea the crisp, sharp picture I was really going to get.   The color is exeptional and the menu choices for color range is great.  You can zoom into the picture as close or as far as you like.  When I was on the market for a new television all my friends suggested two others that are very well known that I knew had a good reputation.  I am undoubtedly glad that I had an open mind and did not go with their recommendations.  I not only love the picture the sound t output from the system is awesome as well.  Whenever we are watching a movie we don't need to add surround sound speakers we just turn up the volume on the tv; turn down the lights and we have a  mini home theater.  The price was great in comparision to some of the other tv's that had the same features but by far I believe I came out with the very best deal purchasing this Samsung HDTV.

I liked Samsung TVs so much we now have 4 of them

from Cottontown, TN

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

We actaully own 4 Samsung plama TVs now- we started out with one for the bedrooma dn becasue it held up so well, never had any problems after 2 years, we bought one for each of our daughter's bedroom and now one for this model, which is in our living room. It has a great picture quality, espcially in HDTV, which we have thorugh our sattelite provider Direct TV. I can really tell the difference because the TV on our bedroom does not have an HDTV box and the one in the living room does, so I highly recommend getting a box if you have sattelite and not cable. Two things I am not crazy about- the sound qality is not the greated. i suppose it is ok for a TV but sometimes it seems like the sound is muffled becasue I have this TV sitting back into a bookcase. The one hanging on the wall in the bedroom is not as bad. The other annoyance is that if you cannot find the remote and you touch the button to power down, it si sensistive and comes right back on.

Samsung Flat Screen

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Samsung 42 in. Plasma TV:

This tv is awesome. I have purchased samsung products for years now and their tv's have always been a top pick. I was recommended this tv by my roommate and am so glad I went with it. I bought it last year over thanksgiving day (black friday) sale and saved a good amount of money. The picture quality is amazing, the sound is good, the aux outlets perfect, and much more. It's the best tv I have ever bought and have nothing but good things to say about it. I watch movies on it mainly and often use it at a giant monitor for my apple computer and it works great for that. If anyone of you reading this contemplating buying a Samsung tv go for it! You wont' regret it. Quality product, great price. The HD quality is amazing as well. I have since recommended Samsung Flat screens multiple times. My brother even went out and bought one at this years black friday sale because he was so impressed with mine. So go buy one!