Other Flat Screen TVs:
LN40C550
Samsung 40 in. LCD TV

Samsung 40 in. LCD TV

awesome TV

We love our Samsung flat screen TV. This was our family's first flat screen TVa dn it was such a good choice. Before this TV we had a JVC Tv that was not flat screen or high definition. I was really impressed with the quality of the picture on this TV. It is essential that you sign up for HD programming from your cable provider in order to recieve the best picture quality. The television's sound quality is also very good and is exceptional with an high definition cable system. This TV is kind of like our house's own mini movie theater. It is a great purchase and not too difficult to understand. It does have internet connecting capabilies but we have no needed to use this feature. There are many features with the TV that we probably don't use but could be helpful for some people. This is a great selection for a new TV and is a great value for the quality. I would recommend this television.

Samsung 40 inch HDTV good, but expensive

Although this Samsung TV has many good qualities, I feel it is rather expensive and there are now many TV's out there that do the same for less.

All that...Read complete review

All that being said, though, here are the pros.  It has a full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution with a great dynamic contrast ratio of 90,000:1.  This shows beautiful, crystal clear details and amazing color and sharp details.  Another plus is that this is an Energy Star compliant LCD TV.

This TV makes connecting other units very easy.  You can connect up to four compatible AV devices.

You can easily plug a USB directly into the TV and take any photos or movies downloaded from your PC and watch them on the TV.  You can also take photos and videos from your camera and wath on the TV, making them easy to view.

This TV is very thin, making it easy to set on really any surface.  The depth is only 10" with the stand.  The TV itself is 23.5" tall and 38.6" wide.

In summary, this is a good TV with many functions, but there are others that are cheaper that do the same thing!

Samsung - Series 6300. HDTV LCD TV

from Summerville, GA

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

We got our Samsung -Series 6300 HDTV LCD TV right after Christmas. With this brand we found the color and sound to be very good when compared to higher priced TV's, and we have not been disappointed. The colors are true and sharp, bright, clear and natural. The sound is excellent.. This Samsung has a middle of the road price range, but it performs more like a higher end priced TV. Our son programed the set's specifications to our preferences and he found that it was quite easy to set our preferences. The remote that comes with the Samsung is not to my liking as there are umpteen buttons with which to access the various functions of the set but all T.V's now are like that. My husband, however, loves this remote. He is like every other man and just loves to control the remote. We have been very pleased with our Samsung TV and we would not hesitate to purchase another when necessary. People comment on the color and sharpness of the picture. We just love this TV.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Samsung makes quality products.

from Woodlawn, TN

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

I love my Samsung LCD HD TV. The picture and sound are great. The only thing I would change about this tv is that the controls on the tv itself are touch activated...at night time there's no light behind them so it's a little hard to operate if you're not using the remote. Other than that, it's a great tv and I will stick with Samsung for my next one.

Excellent color, excellent sound, excellent price!!

from small town, OH

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

We got our Samsung - LN40C550 40 in. HDTV LCD TV almost a year ago, and this was the first Samsung product we had ever purchased.  We chose this model as we found the color and sound to be very good when compared to higher priced TV's, and we have not been disappointed.  The colors are true and sharp, bright, clear and natural.  The sound is excellent and it was not necessary to run the sound through auxillary external speakers.  This Samsung has a middle of the road price range, but it performs more like a higher end priced TV.  I leave my husband to program the set's specifications to our preferences and he found that it was quite easy to set our preferences.  The remote that comes with the Samsung is not to my liking as there are umpteen buttons with which to access the various functions of the set.  My husband, however, loves this remote. He is like every other man  and just loves to control the remote.  We have been very pleased with our Samsung HDTV LCD TV and we would not hesitate to purchase another when necessary.  A couple of our friends were so impressed with the reception we are getting on our Samsung TV that they have since purchased one of their own.

Great tv

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

I love this tv it is one of the best ones I could find in the store. I did my research and ended up buying this over the Sony similar spec tv. The Samsung tv just had a better quality of picture and the clarity was amazing. One of the things I love about todays tv's is the fact that they look really good. Style is very important in todays market because when you set up the tv in your room you want it to look great. And this one does. It is very easy to navigate through the menu and set up was a breeze. I like the remote as well it just has all the buttons you needs and feets very well in the palm of your hand. The picture quality is amazing specially when you are watching HD. I also like hooking up my laptop to the tv so I can watch movies from my hard drive. The HD movies from my computer work amazingly well and look great. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and they would cut back on the price to make it more affordable for everyone.

Excellent......Enough Said

from Severna Park, MD

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

This product is incredible. It has so many great features. The sound, the picture, and of course the price. The picture of this thing is phenomenal. I was watching Tropic Thunder the other day on it and it seemed like I was really in the jungle. I was almost dodging the bombs and bullets coming at me. Also if you have HD channels, the sports look great. I can never watch football on a non-HDTV ever again. The sound is also as amazing. When the bombs were going off I think I might've woken up my neighbors 2 houses down. You can hear every little footstep that a person is making on the screen. I was very amazed at how well this product performed for such the low price that it is. I guess you can never really judge a book by its cover. Samsung really hit a homerun with this product. So i recommend this product to anyone who wants to uprade their HD entertainment and it will not dissappoint.

Samsung - LN40C550 for the guest bedroom...

from State College, PA

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

I now believe that Samsung makes the best televisions that are available in the market.  I needed a decent-sized television for our guest bedroom, and my purchasing decision was already biased towards Samsung. The 40-inch model is just the right size for a twelve foot by 15 foot room.  This television is moderately priced, the screen is quite stunning (provided you have high-definition feed and/or a blu-ray player), and there are enough HDMI inlets for connecting the myriad of available gizmos, PS3, WII, XBox, etc.  The profile is slim bit not as slim as the LED models that are now becoming more price-competitive.  This is a non-factor for me since I do not put any televisions on the wall (as I believe most also do not).  Longevity for this particular model is something I can not comment on, but based on earlier Samsung purchases, I believe I will get at least five years out of this television.

Samsung - LN40C550 40 in. HDTV LCD TV

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

This Television is great the sound, the color, the sharpness of the picture is excellent.  I have enjoyed my favorite shows, especially HGTV hunting  houses, a splash of color, etc.  the color is superb.  I am happy I purchased it.  I have a Coby same inches, 40 inches, however the color is not as sharp, it's a little fuzzy or cloudy. The price for the Samsung was excellent.

excellent tv

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

This is an excellent HDTV for my apartment, not too big and not too small from the couch. This TV isn't ultra slim so still kind of feel bulky, if you have experienced ultra slim tv's. It's not a big deal if you don't have to move it around. The stand can be rotated however. The picture quality is just plain awesome, it's also using Samsung's touch of color. Mine is red and I think you can have other colors too. This adds a little nice touch to a dark room when watching movies. Most standard TV adjustments can be found here, like the color, sound, contrast, refresh rate etc. I have it hooked up to my htpc and blu-ray player, and I'll never go back to standard definition. I don't have a good sound system, but the built in speaker is sufficient for my need. It has 4 hdmi inputs so it's hard to run out, you probably won't ever need to turn on 4 equipments at the same time anyway. Overall, this is a great TV to get with great pictures.

The 550 is a good, quality TV for a moderate budget.

from Fredericksburg, VA

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

This TV was my first HDTV purchase and I spent a lot of time researching what to buy. I was looking for something that had good features but did not sacrifice quality. This TV does full 1080p, though that feature did not turn out to be as important as I thought it was. The image is very good and the light is quite bright and fully adjustable. The inputs on the back of the TV are all in good spots and clearly labeled. I do have one issue with the connections and that is that I can't hook up a set of computer speakers to use as a replacement for the installed speaker. They will work but the TV volume doesn't affect them. I'm sure this is intended but I didn't know that's how it worked before I bought it. That said, the internal speaker is very good and I've never really felt the need to replace it. When I hook up my computer and use it as a monitor to really push the image fidelity I can't find any faults. All of the text is clear and readable without any blurriness or jagged edge. I use the TV for TV, movies, and gaming and it has performed well in each task.

A great TV!

from Washington, IL

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

We purchased this while it was on sale for a bedroom in our house.  We've purchased other Samsung TV products and have been very happy with them.  This new TV is no exception either.  It was very easy to mount on the wall and it looks wonderful.  The video was so sharp and crisp!  I was somewhat concerned about the sound quality due to the television being mounted on the wall, however, I was very pleasantly surprised when I heard how wonderful the sound quality really is.  We were very happy with the value that we have in this television for such a cheap price.  This product was also ready to go right out of the box, saving us quite a bit of time in not having to reset all of the factory settings as far as sound/picture go.  I was also very, very surprised at how lightweight this television is!  Compared to older non-HDTV models of televisions, this one is leaps and bounds ahead!  I would highly recommend this television to anyone.