4.1

Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker

4.1

Pros

Cons

Love it! Makes quesadillas and much more.

One year for Christmas my husband's cousin and his wife bought us a Santa fe Quesadilla maker. I had never made quesadillas, so this was new to me. My family loves mexican food, so anything I can make at home is great! My husband's cousin said they had one for years and loved it, then his wife started telling me all the different things she made with it. Dessert, like apple and cinnamon filled tortillas. Chicken & steak quesadilla's. Pizza pockets, and so many others. You place the tortilla down, and then fill will what ever you want, place another tortilla over and shut the lid. (Make sure what ever meat you place in the maker is already cooked) Its non stick, I love that! You can even make different things for the picky ones in the family. My daughter only likes cheese quesadilla's, and my nephew wants hot dogs in his. So I line half with her cheese and the other half with his cheese and hot dog. Make a great fun snack, or an awesome meal, with a few sides.

Quesadillas themselves are Great!

I absolutely love quesadillas, it was actually the first thing my husband and I ever made together. We asked for one of these for Christmas and got it. We were so excited and used it within a couple days. I love how we can make quesadillas at home with whatever ingredients we want and can make much more for the same price as one at a restauraunt.

There were no instructions included in the box. I didn't think this was that big of a problem since it was kind of self explainatory. I put a tortilla down and then cheese, tomatoes, onions, and chicken, then another tortilla. The lid would not close all the way down, but it closed enough to where both sides still cooked good. Do Not put that much cheese because it will leak out the sides and cause a huge mess, I have done it plenty of times and have had to pick up my mistake each time. The quesadillas come out melty on the inside and nice and crispy on the outside. They are very delicious! Afterwards cleanup seems easy at first but if you did add a bunch of cheese it sneaks in the crevises and you can't really get it out. I had to use toothpicks and other sharp objects to get the cheese out that had slipped down where I could not reach it. Since it never came with directions it didn't explain if it could come apart for clean up but I haven't found a way for that to happen. I am going to keep using this one but if you have a chance I would get one that doesn't allow cheese to creep where you cannot clean it out of.

It is big, but can be sat upright in a shelf so I haven't had that much of a problem with the size.

Quick and Easy meals or snacks

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

I never thought I would use a quesadilla maker, but I use it all the time! Supper, breakfast, snacks! Its so useful and quick and easy! You can purchase these very inexpensively and they are well worth the money spent to have this on hand to make quick and easy meals and snacks.

Easy to use; heats up quickly and quesadillas are done in no time; light comes on to tell you when it is ready to put the food on; also there is a light to tell you its plugged in

Some of the nonstick coating is coming off, I don't think it should have as early as it started. So i think that could be more durable.

Awkward to clean; nonstick spray helps make it easier; its hard to get all the grease, etc out of the crevices and edges to feel like its really clean; i am concerned about getting water down below the cooking plate and onto the heating element

Quick and easy to use; you can make quesadillas for a group of people in no time

It works great!

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

I love this Salton Sante Fe Quesadilla Maker! I love Quesadilla's but they are usually so greasy when you get them from a Mexican restaurant. This one makes them nice and crisp on the outside and melts your cheese all in just a few minutes. It is even scored into wedges for you! You can do many things with it other than just cheese. You can put pretty much anything you want into to make yourself a flour tortilla wrap. I have used tuna and cheese, added carne asada. For desert sometimes i brush the tortilla with a little butter add cinnamon and sugar and grill it. Nice little sweet treat that we all love. My teenager like to put some salsa on hers and top it with sour cream after it is done. You can use wheat tortillas if you want to have something a little healthier. Use your imagination and you can make many different things with it. We use it at least once a week for something. For a fast easy snack or side for dinner this is great.

Works fast you do not have to wait very long for it to heat up and Quesadilla is done in minutes.

Made very well kind of like a waffle iron.

Grilling plates clean right up very easy.

Even kids can use it.. (young ones with supervision of course)

Must Have Kitchen Gaget

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

I am not usually one that likes having a bunch of kitchen gadgets, but this quesadilla maker is a must have. I use to make quesadilla in the microwave or in a pan on the stove top. This maker is much better. It is so easy to use. Just plug it in and a light will turn on when it is ready. Put a tortilla in on the bottom, then put in cheese, vegies, meat. Put another tortilla on top and close the lid. It is that easy. They usually cook within about 5 minutes or less. I also love the way it puts marks on the quesadilla to make it easy to break a part without all of the filling come out. I love this machine. It is so easy and quick to use. I would recommend it to anybody who likes to make quesadillas at home.

It is easy to clean, just wipe the plates with a warm rag and it will come clean.

This is one of the easiest kitchen gadgets to use. Just put in your tortilla, fillings, and another tortilla. You do not need to do anything to get this working.

Fast easy food

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

We love our quesadilla maker. It is very old and a little broken but it still makes our quesadilla easily. We love experimenting with what we put on our quesadilla and sometimes it gets a little thick but the maker has no problem heating it. The best part is how quickly it works, it only take a few minutes and it is done, making those nights when you don't have time to cook great.

Our quesadillas are always heated evenly, assuming we have made it even.

We bought ours from a thrift store so it wasn't in the best shape when we bought it but even though its physical appearance is not the best, it still works perfectly.

I just wipe it down after each use and it is good to go for the next time. There are few crevasses where melted cheese gets into that can be a little difficult to clean out but I try to make sure that I don't put so much cheese on it that it overflows.

There aren't any buttons necessary to make this work, its just heat and done.

Easy to use Quesadilla Maker

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

As convenient as it is to whip up a quick meal or snack for my family I find the quesadilla maker an unnecessary kitchen appliance. We received it as a gift and I was so excited to try it out. I was impressed with how quickly the maker heated up, and it works great for making a cheese or two ingredient quesadilla! If you like to load up on fillings then you're better off using a skillet and flipping your quesadillas yourself. If even slightly overfilled the toppings (usually the melted cheese) ooze out of the edges. For our family the convenience didn't outweigh the space it took up as a somewhat unnecessary kitchen appliance. I ended up giving it to a single friend with an abundance of storage space and only one person to feed.

The non-stick coating makes it super easy to clean, no cheese burned on to scrape off, it just wipes off!

Pretty simple, put your bottom tortilla down, add ingredients, add top tortilla and close. A few minutes later the light will alert you that it's ready and voila! you have a crisp quesadilla.

Good for kids

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

I got this as a Christmas gift from a cousin. I did not ask for this, or anything similar to this. She didn't include any type of receipt with it and was so excited when she gave it to me that she made me use it that very day while she watched. She knows I love to cook, but this is a small appliance I would not purchase on my own. Yes, you can be creative and use different meats, vegetables, rice, beans, even tofu if you wish, BUT I can do the same exact thing with a skillet on my stove top! And yes, it creates little lines for you to guide your cuts.

The maker is very easy to clean. It has a nonstick surface and if cheese or any other ingredient drips onto it, it comes right off with no problem. When I am done using it, I let it cool a bit, wipe it down, and store it away.

I can see this being useful for someone with children and teens. It's very easy to use and I'm sure kids would get a kick out of it and can participate in putting in ingredients.

Bottom line, if you love quesadillas and have room to spare in your kitchen then this is for you. I, on the other hand, do not have the space and prefer to use my skillet. I usually forget I even own it and just pull out my pan instead without even giving it a thought.

Save your money and just use a frying pan

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

My husband received the Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker as a birthday gift a couple of years before we got married. We only used it a couple times after we got married, and I quickly decided it's pretty much just a gimmicky, limited use appliance that isn't necessary. I thought it might be useful for quesadillas that had bulky fillings, like chunks of chicken and vegetables, since those can be more difficult to flip over in a frying pan and the benefit of the quesadilla maker is that it cooks the top and the bottom at the same time. As you can see in the picture, the plates of the grill are segmented, which made for "pinch" points along the quesadilla to segment it. These protrusions on the plates pushed the fillings out and made a big mess. Honestly, it's easier to make (and clean up) quesadillas in a frying pan on the stove, even when taking flipping into consideration. This unit is also quite bulky to store.

The plates are not removable, making this appliance difficult to clean.

Cute and fun but not necessary

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

I got this quesadilla maker a few years ago from my in-laws as a Christmas gift. I love to cook and they usually try to give me food related gifts like cook books, gadgets, etc... and they know how much my family likes mexican food so I was actually not surpised at all and very happy to get this. I'd seen it in stores and it looks so convenient and easy. It seemed a bit pricey for my budget, though, because I was used to making quesadillas in a pan on my stovetop. But, I gave my cute new gift a try. It starts very easy to use but once it heats up, it is pretty hot. The first quesadilla I cooked was really good, only a tiny bit of cheese escaped. The second one (which was right after the first) cooked way too fast and wasn't near as good. I don't like crispy quesadillas as much as I like them soft. I also noticed it was tricky to close the lid/latch because it was so hot. I did a little research and found that this was common with other people who'd reviewed it, so I didn't bother to pursue a remedy. I always have to make sure I'm very careful when using it and don't use it so much anymore now that I have a toddler roaming the kitchen. I actually still prefer the taste of my quesadillas made in the pan. This quesadilla maker is an unnecessary gadget unless you eat quesadillas multiple times a week and don't have much spare time.

Basic Quesadilla Maker

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

This Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker does a good job of making a quesadilla. It cooks the tortillas and inner ingredients evenly and does not require a lot of work. The one downfall of the quesadilla maker is that sometimes the inner ingredients fall out while cooking. This is especially problematic when it is cheese. The cheese will then cook and stick to the quesadilla maker and it becomes rather difficult to clean.

A good quesadilla maker for the price.

I have had mine for a few years and have not had any issues.

If anything spills out of the tortillas and on to the quesadilla maker (especially cheese) it cooks to the surface and is very hard to clean off. An improvement would be removable plates that could be taken off to wash.

The quesadilla maker is simple to use. Place a tortilla in. Add cheese and other ingredients on top of it (my favorites are black beans, corn, bell peppers, and onion), place another tortilla on top, close the quesadilla maker and wait for it to finish. There are also lines that cook on the tortilla that make it easy to decide where to cut the quesadilla into equal wedges.

great for a quick easy meal

from Brainerd, MN

Comments about Salton Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker:

I really like my Quesadilla Maker. We bought it when we were trsveling and living in hotels. We got sick of going out to eat so we bought one of these at walmart. It is so simple to use and you can get really creative. You can make mexican ones and pizza one. There is even good recipies for dessert ones. My son loves peanut butter and bananna ones! They get nice and crunchy and melt everything so nice. The only small down fall that I can see with the Quesadilla Maker is that it does have a lot of small spaces to clean. when You are using cheese and it squishes out or the sauce comes out then it can get a little tricky to clean. I also love that it almost seals the Quesadilla so you kinda have like a oouch.

heats so nice and eavenly.

held up this far so I am assuming it is durable. traveled well and still works

this could be the only down fall. It cleans easy but at the same time there is a lot of nooks and crannies to clean.

very simple to use. great instructions and comes with a mini cook book too.