Other Hair Colorings:

Salon Care 10 Volume Creme Developer

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

one of my fvorite creme developers

Comments about Salon Care 10 Volume Creme Developer:

I'm a hairstylist so I always try and find great products for reasonable prices. I can always get this Salon Care 10 volume creme devoper at Sallys beauty supply. They always different specials on these developers. This 10 volume is perfect for when I only want to deposit color into the hair shaft. I use this for all of my toners and to lighten on virgin hair. This developer is safe to go on the scalp. Its not as strong as the other higher volumes of developers so it won't lighten as much. I use this on permanent hair color but it doesn't lift it just deposits the color. They have this in the creme and the liquid, I prefer this one only because its not so drippy or runny. I like how I can use any brand of hair dye with this developer. I like to use this developer for when I do an ombre on someone who has virgin hair because it processes evenly and it gives me great results. Its very easy to use I just follow the hair color manufacturer's directions on how much developer I have to mix in. I recommend this to anybody especially if your not trying to lift.

Not bad

Comments about Salon Care 10 Volume Creme Developer:

This developer is a good alternative to the more expensive professional brands. This being a cream developer, it is much thicker and mixes better than the clear version. When paired with any type of hair color, it is just as effective as any professional brands.

Why pay more money for the same exact product? This developer works just as good as any other expensive professional developer. This is a good alternative if you cannot afford to color your hair by a professional stylist.

Ease of Application
This developer is very easy to use. You only have to simply select the color you want to apply to your hair. Then you will need to mix it with equal parts of developer, and then apply the mixture to your hair. Finally, allow it to process for approximately 45 minutes without the use of heat. Then carefully wash it out. If you are looking to cover grey hair, you will need to mix one part color to 1.5 parts of developer.

Worked fine for me

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Salon Care 10 Volume Creme Developer:

I've used this developer with a variety of professional haircolor brands as well non-professional brands (Wella Color Charm) and have not had any problems with it. While no doubt a professional grade developer is a better choice when coloring your hair, this one is inexpensive and can certainly do the job if you're in a pinch! And for the price and convenient availability (it can be bought at your neighborhood Sally's), I have found it to be a very useful standby. I have also successfully used this developer in 20 volume strength and enjoyed similarly acceptable results. That said, it is a bit runny for a "creme" developer, but again, for the price I've found it to be helpful when I don't have any of my preferred developer readily available.

This developer was effective in activating any haircolor I used it with, and did it perform just fine in accomplishing the demi permanent haircoloring tasks that I used it for.

Ease of Application
Although it is labelled a "creme developer", it's not incredibly creamy. It is a little runny, like a regular (i.e. non-creme) developer.