Other Nail Products:
Sally Hansen
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails

My nails will never go without this clear coat

Though I'm a former nail tech, I always leave my nails natural and never get silk wraps. This is my all time favorite clear coat because it is so versatile.
Read complete review

Con: The polish begins flaking off from around the cuticles and nail tip after 1 to 3 days.

Why this doesn't matter: First, when the polish begins to wear off, it doesn't show at all. Unless someone is inspecting your fingertips with a magnifying glass, they will never think your nails look anything short of flawless. Also, the polish dries quickly and when it does begin to flake, you can apply another coat on top of it and it goes on perfect. The formula doesn't get lumpy or weird after applying it to dried on polish.

Other things I love about Hard as Nails: It really does add strength to nails.. mine are rather delicate and prone to splitting and this clear coat allows my nails to grow to a nice length without having to resort to wraps. The shine isn't extremely glossy either, but more of a healthy looking shine. There are not enough great things I can say about this product it is the best I've used and one of the least expensive.

Good color choices--poor performance

I love to wear nail polish especially on my toenails during the summer.  I recently purchased a bottle of this Sally Hanson product because I loved the color.  However, the performance of the nail polish has been terrible.  Many times the polish is chipped after a day or two and as a busy mom, I am annoyed that I have to continually touch it up!  Many times I forgo wearing sandals because I simply don't have the time to touch up my nail polish.  It is definitely a case of you get what you pay for--this is a less expensive product, and it does not hold up.  However, considering how long Sally Hanson has been on the market, it seems like they would make a better product.  The positive is that this line does have a lot of color choices which provides a lot of versatility.  I would purchase from another company in the future though--Sally Hanson needs to realize they have a lot of competition and improve their products!

Hard as Nails

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

I like this nail polish treatment. I am not sure if it has hardens my nail, but it definitely adds the lasting shine. This polish leaves your nails super shiny, as if they were freshly waxed hardwood floors. Awesome! Another positive about this polish is that it dries quickly. This is great for busy people. I do wear this polish to prevent my nails from breaking so that it can grow longer. I can say that my nails have grown quite a bit, but it still cracks sometime.

GREAT for brittle nails!

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

After years of brittle, cracking, peeling nails, I was introduced to "Hard as Nails" by Sally Hansen. What a huge difference! I was having issues with painting my nails because the nail would chip or peel and the polish would come off. I applied this a few times one week and did not have one chips or peel. It is, of course, not a cure to ''bad'' nails. But when you have it on, it toughens your nail up and acts like a shield. It's great to use underneath nail polish so the polish will not only not chip, but it adheres to this and this acts like a base coat. Not to mention this will protect your nails from discoloration. I also used this product right before I went in to get fake nails put on. When taking them off weeks later, my nails did not rip off like in the times past.
If you are looking to strengthen your nails, try this. Great on toes, too! It looks great just by itself. It gives a nice shine.

Beautiful shine

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

This product helps my nail polish last longer on my nails. It also makes any dull nail polish color to be shiny and popping! Without using this product, my nail polish chips within 2 or 3 days. But when I apply this product over my nail polish, my nail polish lasts approximately 9 days without chipping! Love this! Very recommended!

Another Sally Hansen classic

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

Like Sally Hansen No Chip Top Coat, this product is a classic, essential element of any woman's cosmetic supplies. It works great on it's own or as a clear top coat, and dries quickly. It has a nice thin consistency that goes on even and has a harder, shinier finish than other similar products. It is relatively inexpensive, especially for the size of the bottle.

Sally Hansen is a winner.

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

Any person who has soft, brittle nails, cracking nails, or just can't grow your nails should buy this product. This is one product that really works. I put it on first and than after I color, and my nails no longer crack or break the way they used to. They are getting stronger every day.

No more fragile, Peeling Nails!

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

When I became pregnant with my daughter I noticed that my nails were growing a lot faster, but they were coming in very thing and peeling and falling off. This worried me a little bit so I went and bought Sally Hansen Hard as Nails. This nail hardener was so great that I have purchased about four more throughout my pregnancy. I love to put this on in layers. Typically I put on two - three coats of this and leave it for a couple days before I do it again. It also works great if I want to paint my nails. I can put two coats of this down and wait for it to dry, then put my nail polish and top coat right over it. It doesn't mess up the look at all. I love that this product isn't too expensive because I have gone through so many. Once you get down to about 1/3 bottle, it gets hard to get it out and it starts to get sticky and stringy and you have to toss it. I didn't mind because it works great and didn't cost an arm and a leg. I would recommend this to anyone with fragile nails.

Worked wonders on my badly damaged nails

from TX

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

I bit my nails for over twenty years before breaking the horrible habit and deciding to grow them out. My nails grew out discolored, uneven, extremely thin and weak. My mother recommended that I try Sally Hansen Hard as Nails to help see if it could repair them. I started using this product by applying two to three coats to ensure that my very weak nails could withstand any pressure I put on them and they did. Now after using for about a month, my nails are strong enough to not need anything. The color of my nails have improved and they are now in good enough shape to start shaping them myself. I do still use Sally Hansen Hard as Nails when I am doing anything involving water and also I usually put on a coat after I paint to add a beautiful shine. I am so glad that my mother recommended this product to me and I will continue to recommend to others. The product is so affordable and you can even find it available in colors. Great product!

The best clear polish.

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

I love this nail polish. It prevents my nails from easily breaking, keeps my nails looking healthy, and also helps me grow my nails for a longer period of time. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone who needs a little help growing their nails. It also stays on for a long period of time.

Terrific.

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

I use this before every manicure I give myself. My nails always feel healthy. When used with other sally hansen nail products, the results are uncanny. They work very well with each other. It dries very fast which is very convenient. It protects and polishes the nails.

Amazing!

Comments about Sally Hansen Hard As Nails:

I have used this product on my nails for months and nothing else comes close. It is very cheap in price and very effective. I only use it for 3 days straight and then remove it and start over since the previous layers start to chip easily. One bottle can last me a few months until it's time for me to purchase another one. Overall, I really like this product.