4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

They Stay Put If You Apply Clear Polish Topcoat To Them

I picked up **Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips **about 2 weeks ago, and still the decorative nail polish strips are snugged tightly to my nail.

I...Read complete review

I imagine if you do not follow the directions on the box, they will not last as long. However if you add a topcoat of clear polish to them, they will last even longer than 10 days.

**What Are They?**

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips are basically decorative nail polish strips that you adhere to your regular nail. You simply choose the appropriate size strip to your nail, remove the top protective clear sheet, and remove the backing and place it onto your nail. You must of course buff the nail first for longer lasting adhesive.

They have been on my fingers for over 10 days now, and I am in love with them. I already got a few compliments from others, who believed I went and had them done professionally.

**Time:**

These nail polish strips take a bit of time to apply, but applying them is easy, so that is the plus. The time invested in getting them on though is well worth it, especially if they are going to stay put for as long as they have for me. Again, the secret ingredient I used was a simply clear polish topcoat to the strips.

The one issue I have with these strips is that they are expensive, and cost just as much as an airbrush design would have at a nail salon. Doing them at home though, and having them last just as long is great for those of us whom do not have the patience to wait in a salon.

While nail polish is easier to use, the look can't even come close to the professional finish you get from these Salon Effects Strips.

Ok product for cool looking nails.

I had been hesitant to buy these because of the price, but recently with a sale and a coupon I thought I would go for it. I picked a cool design and went home to apply! I read through the directions and then began, following them all closely. One good thing was that since I keep my nails short, I was able to use one strip for two nails, so I can get two applications out of each box.

It took a few to get the hang of it, and just like painting my nails with polish, it was a little difficult to get the strips on my right hand (I am right handed). You have to get them very close to the bottom and sides of your nails, otherwise they look weird or look like they are old and your nail has grown a lot.

I finally got them all on and was satisfied. My first complaint is that they stink of nail polish for days- unlike regular polish. After 5 days the bottoms of several nails began to peel up and they had lost their shine (not their smell), so I decided to take them off. It took me ONE HOUR to take them off using polish and almost a dozen cotton balls. They would not come off, the glue was balling up and sticking to my fingers, it was a mess. Then part of the design came off (it was red flowers and light grey leaves) but the red flowers refused to come off. I had to keep washing my hands in between, too big a pain. Then when I finally got them all off and went to file my nails, I notice that several of my nails are peeling. This has never happened to me before and I assume its from the glue. Needless to say I won't be purchasing these again. Id rather spend the money at the salon!

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

I have found that the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish strips work as well as stated in their advertisements. They worked so effortlessly that I was amazed. I love the wide range of designs. The amazing price fits my budget, and the ease of application fits my busy lifestyle.

A little tricky

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips are really cute but I personally had a little bit of trouble applying these strips to my nails. I followed the instructions exactly and began by matching up which strip to each of my nails to see which would fit each finger nail best. Then I separated the nail sticker from its strip and aligned it onto my finger nail. Then I took a nail file and gently filed off the excess nail sticker. It was this step that I personally struggled with because when I was gently filing the excess nail sticker off I ended up tearing off more than I intended to. These nail polish strips do stick pretty well to fingernails but I still found that only some of the nail polish strips stuck completely. These nail polish strips were easy to remove and I found that they did not damage my nails. I do not think I would recommend these strips to everyone but I do know that some of my friends were successful in applying these nail strips and really enjoyed them.

Good, not Great

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

These strips are cute and definitely save time and money, but they don't always apply correctly or fit all nail types. Also, they tend to chip and peel even with top coat. I love some of the patterns, but I prefer to use them as accents rather than nail polish itself.

Takes a while to get the hang of it

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

The first time I used the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips my manicure came out decent, but definitely not perfect. The second time using them I got my nails to look like they do in the advertisements! I found the strips moderately easy to use and they even come with instructions and little specialized tools to help with application. The designs differ from plain solid colors and glitter to more formal designs to fun spunky designs; they have something for everyone. The application process might be a bit to advanced for tweens and children, but I got the hang of it as a teen. I recommend for any gals who are big into manicures. You can even get these strips for your toes too!

The coolest invention ever!

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

I love these Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips so much! I have a bunch of different colors and patterns of these. I have used them on acrylic nails as well as my regular nails. They bond to the nail so easily and with a few coats of clear polish they stay on for a very long time! I was so pleasantly surprised. The only problem with them is that they are a lot of money! Some of the strips don't have the right glue on them and they don't stick which really suck. Overall, these are awesome and really fun to apply!

Awesome nail designs

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

I am actually not a fan of too many sally hanson products, but I must say that I love these cool nail designs! They are super easy to apply and last for a couple weeks, unlike press on nails. These designs are very unique and pretty! They aren't too costly either!

Peels layers of your nails, but does look great while on

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

These nail strips are super easy to use, and look great when they're on your nails. They last about a week, before they start to look bad and peel. Sometimes they'll remove a thin layer of your nail with them, but it doesn't hurt at all, just looks bad.

If you are willing to continuously apply these, they work great. But it is an endless cycle, since you can't go bare nailed afterwards.

So many designs!

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

I am not a huge fan of these Sally Hansen Salon Nail Strips, simply because, for me, it is hard to find strips that fit my actual nail perfectly. Other than that, these are great. They're easy to put on, last for a very long time, and there are so many designs to mix match.

These are super cute and easy to use. Love them!

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

This is my favorite way to apply nail polish. It's so easy and simple. I love the different designs they have. It's much easier than when I try to draw them myself. I never make smudges or have to start all over again. Definitely the best way to apply nail polish! I also like how long the strips lasts. I have worn one pair for 2 week straight and it still looked great. I think applying them can be a little intimidating at first but, one you get the hand of it, it's super easy. You just apply the sticky part of the strip to your nail and press down. Then you fold the access of the edge of your nail and file it off. Voila! You have a super quick manicure and a fancy design if you choose. I personally like to seal it with a clear top coat. It helps it last long and gives it a nice glossy shine. But, that totally up to you. I would recommend having completely clean nails when using this product.

Nail polish strips

from Ontario, CA

Comments about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips:

The one thing that keeps me from polishing my nails is the fact that I don't usually stay still long enough to let the polish dry. With Sally Hansen's salon effects real nail polish strips, there is no drying to worry about.

All you have to do is to find the strip that fits your finger, peel back the protective cover, peel the strip away from its backing, and apply. Then you press the strip against your nail, smooth it out, and trim the excess off. There is no drying involved.
The strips come in a variety of designs. My favorite is number 250 bling it on. It is the pink shade with glitters throughout.
My only problem with the nail strips is that they don't seem to last on your nail as the advertisement states. I find that after about four days the strip tends to peel back.
However whenever I am wearing the nail strips, I get compliments for my nails.