4.1
Sally Hansen
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color

4.1

Pros

• Dries quickly (4)
  • Easy to use (3)
  • Goes on smoothly (3)

Cons

• Chips easily (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Trendy style (3)

Your nails will be dry before you can say "Insta-Dry".

It took me several practices and a few nail polish messes to get used to the new flat brush that Sally Hansen uses in their **Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nail Polish** but I knew I would mess with it and use it over and over again until I got it down to a science because I absolutely loved the polish itself. Now that I have used it enough that I don't even notice the fact that the brush is flat, I don't have a single negative thing to say about this product.

**Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nail Polish** has an almost perfect consistency. It isn't too thin and it isn't too thick. It's like Baby Bear's porridge..."just right"! The polish goes on very smoothly, with straight, even strokes that make your nails look perfect. They named it perfectly, as well, because this polish literally dries in an instant! The nail you just finished polishing will be completely dry before you even begin to start polishing your next fingernail or toenail.

Another super quality about this nail polish is the fact that it really and truly only takes one coat. One coat on each nail and you're done. No clear polish for added shine is necessary because **Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nail Polish** shines wonderfully all by itself!

Here is the product's description:
**One Stroke. One Coat. Done.** *Nail color covers in just one coat, brilliantly. The Perfectionist Brush contours to any nail, so color always glides on precisely, quickly, flawlessly. And, the exclusive Flexiglass Complex combines beautiful, brilliant shine and super strong wear. So simple, so Sally.*

Now that I have learned to use the new brush, I can polish the nails on both of my hands and they will be totally dry in about 5 minutes and they look like a professional polished them. Amazing!

If you try this polish and hate the brush at first, be patient and try, try again...you'll get it right soon enough and you'll be glad you didn't give up.

5 stars for a nail polish that goes on smoothly, shines prettily, only takes one coat, and dries instantly. Way to go, Sally!

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Good for a quickie but can be an ickie!

Okay, so I am one of those gals that loves anything to do with hair, make up and nails. So I am always trying anything new on the market when it comes to nail polish! I've been using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Nail Colors for about 2 years now. It's just sort of average, I'm not really sure why I keep coming back! That's horrible to say, I do know why, but my relationship with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is a love hate sort of thing.

What I love about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri:

- It dries fairly fast but not instant! For me it dries in about 2-3 minutes I'd say, but not any quicker.

- The colors are super cute.

- Application takes 1-2 coats depending on the shade.

- Fairly cheap and easy to find at any drug store.

What I don't love about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri:

- Chips like crazy the same day.

- Goopy when you got to remove it - smears everywhere.

- If you mess it up before it dries, a 3rd coat makes it too thick and messy.

- Too thick, can be kind of sloppy - takes lots of clean up around nail if you're not careful.

So Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color is great if you need a quick color and you need it to dry fairly fast. But it will chip off the tips and sometimes the sides of my nails by the end of the night (with just regular wear), so I just have to apply it again the next day - big time waster! So I only use this when I need a quickie - but take your time applying...it can be goopy and messy.

I am definitely an OPI gal, you can read my Viewpoints review on that brand here: **[OPI Nail Lacquer.][1] ** So I would say Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colors are good for what it is, but don't be fooled into thinking you'll get a salon quality look OR a look that will last, I've never gotten my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri to last longer than a day, not even with a great bonding base or a super stuff top coat...just not a sticker...more of a quicker! Quick fix that is. Happy lacquering!!!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/OPI-Nail-Lacquer-All-Shades-review-d5ab0

Best polish

from Gastonia NC

About Me Manicure/Pedicure Addict, Trendy

Pros

• Dries Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting

Cons

• Not a lot of colors to choose from

• Daily Use
  • Special Occasions
  • Weekly

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I love Sally Hansen Insta Dri Fast Dry Nail Polish. Dries very fast, last longer than any other nail polish I've used, doesn't chip like most polish does with within days. I can apply one coat and I'm happy with the color and shinesness.

Quick dry for the on the go parent!

from Indiana

About Me Trendy

Pros

• Dries Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Goes On Smoothly

Cons

• Chips Easily

• Weekly

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

The color goes on great in one application, smooth and complete. Dries within minutes, completely 'hardened' in about 5 minutes. However, does start seeing visible wear off by the end of first day, and small chipping within the first 2 days.

Great product!

from Olympia WA

Great!

Is the formula REALLY new and improved?

from Kingsport , TN

About Me Beauty enthusiast, Trendy

Pros

• Beautiful color
  • Dries Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly

Cons

• Chips Easily
  • Starts getting thick on bottle neck during use

• Daily Use
  • Special Occasions
  • When in a hurry

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I have the shade "Espresso", I LOVE the shade! I expected a dark brown because of the shade name but surprisingly it's more of a pinky/mauvey medium brownish shade. (The shade is right up my alley!) Application was good, when I was about half way through my second coat I noticed the sides of the bottle feeling clumpy, almost like it was trying to dry inside of the bottle. After just one coat the polish is opaque but I went in with a second out of habit. The brush is my favorite type of nail polish brush. (It's a wider brush rather than typical, regular round shapes nail polish brushes. My nails were 100% dry in about a minute! Dry time is huge for me because I have a 24 month old and having time to sit and wait on my nails to dry for a long time and not messing them up is 9 outta 10x fails. I was very impressed! About 3 hours later I took a shower and 7 nails were chipped badly, 3-4 had chipped 1/4th of the polish on my whole nail. I did not use any base or top coat because it claimed to be a new and improved fomula and they weren't necessary. I will probably still use this polish but I am very disappointed about the short wear time. I would like my nails to at least get through the day after painting them. A few hours is unacceptable and needs to be tweaked to fix that issu.

I was not pleased

from crawfordsville, IN

About Me Classic

Pros

• Dries Quickly
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• Chips Easily
  • Does Not Work

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I change my nail color anywhere from once to twice a week. I am always looking for nail color that dries quickly. I bought Sally Hansen quick dry. The color is like a maroon/red (in my personal experience). I have used it twice because I wanted to see if I got the same result twice. I paint my nails and even do a doubke coat. The polish does dry quickly which I love. However, in less than 24 hours (if I made it half that long) the nail polish was cracked or chipoed. It looks horrible. I have not had issues like this with some cheaper products. The pro is that it does dry fast and the colors are pretty. The con is it doesn't last at all, and you have to keep redoing your nails. Disappointed.

Great drugstore pick

from Annapolis, MD

Pros

• Easy to Apply
    • Good Applicator Brush

• Any Time

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

Sally Hansen Insta Dri is my favorite from the Sally Hansen line and one of the best from the drugstore. The brush is nice and wide but not too wide. Also, many of the shades are good to go in one coat. While the polish does dry quickly it does not dry rock hard so I still recommend a top coat to protect your polish.

• Age:
      • 18-29

This polish is pretty good!

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I love to paint my nails! What I love even more than painting them is finding a polish that doesn't chip and dries fast! Most nail polish that dries fast is just awful. The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish is great! It really does dry super fast and the color selection is decent too. I love how it's shiny even with one coat. It's highly recommended and it's a decent price too!

Not up to Sally Hansen's typical quality

from Indiana

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I'm a big fan of other Sally Hansen polishes. I love Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure, Extreme Wear, and Diamond Strength formulas. They all last a fairly long time and dry pretty quickly. I'd hoped that this formula would be a faster drying formula with their well know chip performance and high color pigmentation. I was sorely disappointed, however, because this formula falls well short of Sally Hansen's typically high standards.

I purchased a bright neon purple, a gunmetal metallic grey, a metallic mauve, and a frost green. These formulas were extremely watery and streaky as you applied them. They went on so thin you'd need 3 or more coats to get a good coverage. They were so difficult to paint with as well. It's also like they were drying too fast, drying as you painted with them. The result was a streaky, clumpy mess. It was also hard to paint a smooth, clean line along the nailbed, without smudging on to the cuticle. I hate wasting money but I ended up just throwing these out.

The nail polish that does what it says

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

There are a lot of nail polish on the market today. If your like me. you have tried them all. SALLY HANSEN fast dry nail polish is just that. Dries in a flash and gives a hard shine. Doesn't streak or glob. One coat is all you need for a beautiful nails, that look like you had them done. Well worth the money.

Great Polish

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I am slowly (maybe not that slowly) collecting all of the shades offered in this polish. I was looking for matte colors, and this polish definitely delivers. The brush is pretty thick, but the polish goes on quickly and easily and does indeed dry as quickly as the numerous names suggest. (Clearly Quick, Expresso, Cinna-Snap [pictured], Jumpin Jade, Purple Pronto, Mint Sprint, Lively Lilac, Brisk Blue, Gone Grey, Blue-Away, Presto Pink, etc). Clearly, I have a lot of the shades available.

However, do NOT use the clear quick-drying base/top coat. It does not work. While it dries incredibly quickly (per the name), the polish also very quickly disappeared--peeling off an entire nail at a time. Instead, use a different base coat, even though it will take longer. I use the quick dry clear polish only as a top coat, and it seems to be fine. This is the only reason I downgraded my score from 10 to 9.