Other Nail Products:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color

Pros

Cons

Your nails will be dry before you can say "Insta-Dry".

It took me several practices and a few nail polish messes to get used to the new flat brush that Sally Hansen uses in their **Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nail Polish** but I knew I would mess with it and use it over and over again until I got it down to a science because I absolutely loved the polish itself. Now that I have used it enough that I don't even notice the fact that the brush is flat, I don't have a single negative thing to say about this product.

**Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nail Polish** has an almost perfect consistency. It isn't too thin and it isn't too thick. It's like Baby Bear's porridge..."just right"! The polish goes on very smoothly, with straight, even strokes that make your nails look perfect. They named it perfectly, as well, because this polish literally dries in an instant! The nail you just finished polishing will be completely dry before you even begin to start polishing your next fingernail or toenail.

Another super quality about this nail polish is the fact that it really and truly only takes one coat. One coat on each nail and you're done. No clear polish for added shine is necessary because **Sally Hansen Insta Dry Nail Polish** shines wonderfully all by itself!

Here is the product's description:
**One Stroke. One Coat. Done.** *Nail color covers in just one coat, brilliantly. The Perfectionist Brush contours to any nail, so color always glides on precisely, quickly, flawlessly. And, the exclusive Flexiglass Complex combines beautiful, brilliant shine and super strong wear. So simple, so Sally.*

Now that I have learned to use the new brush, I can polish the nails on both of my hands and they will be totally dry in about 5 minutes and they look like a professional polished them. Amazing!

If you try this polish and hate the brush at first, be patient and try, try again...you'll get it right soon enough and you'll be glad you didn't give up.

5 stars for a nail polish that goes on smoothly, shines prettily, only takes one coat, and dries instantly. Way to go, Sally!

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Good for a quickie but can be an ickie!

Okay, so I am one of those gals that loves anything to do with hair, make up and nails. So I am always trying anything new on the market when it comes to nail polish! I've been using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Nail Colors for about 2 years now. It's just sort of average, I'm not really sure why I keep coming back! That's horrible to say, I do know why, but my relationship with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri is a love hate sort of thing.

What I love about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri:

- It dries fairly fast but not instant! For me it dries in about 2-3 minutes I'd say, but not any quicker.

- The colors are super cute.

- Application takes 1-2 coats depending on the shade.

- Fairly cheap and easy to find at any drug store.

What I don't love about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri:

- Chips like crazy the same day.

- Goopy when you got to remove it - smears everywhere.

- If you mess it up before it dries, a 3rd coat makes it too thick and messy.

- Too thick, can be kind of sloppy - takes lots of clean up around nail if you're not careful.

So Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color is great if you need a quick color and you need it to dry fairly fast. But it will chip off the tips and sometimes the sides of my nails by the end of the night (with just regular wear), so I just have to apply it again the next day - big time waster! So I only use this when I need a quickie - but take your time applying...it can be goopy and messy.

I am definitely an OPI gal, you can read my Viewpoints review on that brand here: **[OPI Nail Lacquer.][1] ** So I would say Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colors are good for what it is, but don't be fooled into thinking you'll get a salon quality look OR a look that will last, I've never gotten my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri to last longer than a day, not even with a great bonding base or a super stuff top coat...just not a sticker...more of a quicker! Quick fix that is. Happy lacquering!!!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/OPI-Nail-Lacquer-All-Shades-review-d5ab0

Great drugstore pick

from Annapolis, MD

Pros

• Easy to Apply
  • Good Applicator Brush

Cons

• Any Time

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

Sally Hansen Insta Dri is my favorite from the Sally Hansen line and one of the best from the drugstore. The brush is nice and wide but not too wide. Also, many of the shades are good to go in one coat. While the polish does dry quickly it does not dry rock hard so I still recommend a top coat to protect your polish.

• Age:
    • 18-29

This polish is pretty good!

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I love to paint my nails! What I love even more than painting them is finding a polish that doesn't chip and dries fast! Most nail polish that dries fast is just awful. The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish is great! It really does dry super fast and the color selection is decent too. I love how it's shiny even with one coat. It's highly recommended and it's a decent price too!

Not up to Sally Hansen's typical quality

from Indiana

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I'm a big fan of other Sally Hansen polishes. I love Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure, Extreme Wear, and Diamond Strength formulas. They all last a fairly long time and dry pretty quickly. I'd hoped that this formula would be a faster drying formula with their well know chip performance and high color pigmentation. I was sorely disappointed, however, because this formula falls well short of Sally Hansen's typically high standards.

I purchased a bright neon purple, a gunmetal metallic grey, a metallic mauve, and a frost green. These formulas were extremely watery and streaky as you applied them. They went on so thin you'd need 3 or more coats to get a good coverage. They were so difficult to paint with as well. It's also like they were drying too fast, drying as you painted with them. The result was a streaky, clumpy mess. It was also hard to paint a smooth, clean line along the nailbed, without smudging on to the cuticle. I hate wasting money but I ended up just throwing these out.

The nail polish that does what it says

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

There are a lot of nail polish on the market today. If your like me. you have tried them all. SALLY HANSEN fast dry nail polish is just that. Dries in a flash and gives a hard shine. Doesn't streak or glob. One coat is all you need for a beautiful nails, that look like you had them done. Well worth the money.

Great Polish

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I am slowly (maybe not that slowly) collecting all of the shades offered in this polish. I was looking for matte colors, and this polish definitely delivers. The brush is pretty thick, but the polish goes on quickly and easily and does indeed dry as quickly as the numerous names suggest. (Clearly Quick, Expresso, Cinna-Snap [pictured], Jumpin Jade, Purple Pronto, Mint Sprint, Lively Lilac, Brisk Blue, Gone Grey, Blue-Away, Presto Pink, etc). Clearly, I have a lot of the shades available.

However, do NOT use the clear quick-drying base/top coat. It does not work. While it dries incredibly quickly (per the name), the polish also very quickly disappeared--peeling off an entire nail at a time. Instead, use a different base coat, even though it will take longer. I use the quick dry clear polish only as a top coat, and it seems to be fine. This is the only reason I downgraded my score from 10 to 9.

Great Product for women on the go

from TX

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I love Sally Hansen nail product so I decided to buy a couple of colors of the Fast Dry Nail Color and I was so impressed. I love painting my nails but never seem to have the time to allow them to dry to the fullest, I always try to handle things with wet nails and mess them up. I could not believe how fast this nail color dried, faster than any other Quick Dry I have ever purchased. I loved the shine that the color gave and I only needed to apply one coat. The polish went on smooth and was easy to apply. I love the color option that Sally Hansen gives you and cannot wait to see what comes out next. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone and suggest that they buy multiple colors and have fun. If you are like me and have recently tried to repair your damaged nails, try applying a coat of the Hard as Nails underneath and over the nail color to add strength and shine. You will be amazed at how great your nails look. I recently went to a nail salon and was pleasantly surprised at how many of the colors available were Sally Hansen brand colors. They are that good.

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING.

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

I have loved this nail polish from the first time I used it more than any other nail polish brand I've ever used in my entire life. It truly is instantly dry. I absolutely hate doing my nails at home because I chip them right away, or I don't wait long enough for them to dry and refuse to buy nail drying sprays and UV lamps so they smudge right away, and it's always a complete disaster.

What first attracted me to this line of product was the array of colors available. They are bold, brilliant, thick, and really really high quality. I have stopped going to salons all together now because of how well I can do my nails right at home. You can put a base coat on, then add the first coat of color, and only have to wait about 5 minutes to put the next coat on, maybe not even that, and then the top coat a few minutes later and there are no bubbles, no chipping, nothing. It's brilliant. And the color stays forever. I haven't noticed any fading or anything.

It really is a great product and if you do your nail often, you absolutely HAVE to have this.

The only nail polish I use!

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

It's the only nail polish I use regularly.
    It comes in really fun Colors and looks great. You can find pretty sparkly shades of your favorite colors, basic neutral colors, and fun neon shades. Anything to fit your mood!
    It dries amazingly fast. Paint one hand/foot and by the time you finish with the other the first hand/foot is dry and ready for a second coat (if desired). By the time you find your socks (or sandals to show them off) both feet are dry! It's quick and easy to do touch ups as you are running out the door. I have never had to sit still waiting on my hands to dry either, I just paint my nails, grab my keys and go!
    This polish also removes easily with regular nail polish, making it quick and easy to change colors. The price is very affordable, so owning lots of colors is a must!
    It never tajes more than two coats to get great coverage, and the color lasts several days (I work with horses, so I'm toug on my nails) without chipping.

It really dries instantly!

from Warren, OH

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

This nail polish is great for the mommy-on-the-go...being the mother of three young boys, I never get to spend any time making myself look pretty anymore. Nail Polish had become a thing of the past for me because it simply took too long to dry before one of my angels would need something from me; UNTIL I came across Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry. It really dries instantly, so quick that you can change you nail color as fast as you change your outfit so that it matches!
    Only downside...It does chip off quite easily. If you do a load of dishes, you need a touch-up.
    But if you are like me and only want to wear nail polish to accessorize an outfit, then this nail polish is the one for you.
    I told my mom about this product...she went out and bought it to give it a try.....she now has ALL colors!

Excellent coverage and long-lasting shine and color.

from Pamplico, SC

Comments about Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color:

This polish goes on smoothly, dries fast and lasts a long time. I only need to use two coats of polish to get the look that I want. The polish still looks good 3 to 4 weeks after using it. A great product for the price!