3.4
Other Nail Products:
Sally Hansen

3.4

Nice Nail Pen

I used this french manicure pen for a wedding I was in. I couldn't afford to get my nails done, so I did my own pedicure and manicure. This pen works really well, does not smell strong at all, glides on easily, but I could not get it to go on as perfectly as it needed to be for a french tip. I did not give it 5 stars, cause its not as easy as you would think. It does go on smoothly, but unless you have a very steady hand, you'll need a little more help to get that french tip you want, especially on your hands, too hard to do yourself.

This pen would work better for touchups I think. I used it a couple times to touch up my manicures and have no complaints with that. It is small enough to put in your bag or small purse, i love how portable it is. Very easy to just pop out and use when needed.

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because I thought it was too hard to use to give yourself a french manicure. But with all the other pros I liked about it, it still gets 4 stars.

Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen

The Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen is an interesting product. I love French manicures and always want to try to achieve the perfect one. This product was hard to use and apply. First, it comes in a pen applicator. You have to shake it forever to get it to mix correctly. Second, the applicator is hard to apply without creating a huge mess. Third, the product spills over your nails and means you spend more time cleaning up your work.

The Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen does not create salon results. The product chips and fades easily. It takes a while to learn how to apply it. The color seems okay but is not great. Of course, it is cheaper to attempt a French manicure at home, so the Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen can save you money. Just do not expect the results you see in ads, online or on the package. They never turn out that way.

Works Like a Regular Paint Marker

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

The Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen is an okay product, but I have used other easier methods of obtaining the french tip. I don't think this product is worth buying (for the beginner) because it still requires a steady hand and know-how. I recommend using the crescent shaped stickers to put right below the tip, and then use regular white polish (these will be in the same area as this product in stores). The marker has to be shaken and then pressed down on a surface in order for it to work right. It is similar to a paint marker in how it works. I made a mess using this pen, but I achieved a french tip after lots of time, patience, and messiness. Doing other nail designs and drawings would be more efficient with this pen.

do not buy

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

I probably would not recommend Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen because I was not pleased with my results when I used this pen. I thought this would make creating a white french tip easier which theoretically it did but it did not create a perfect white french tip in the end. The white polish was reluctant to come out of the pen and when it did it came out in a milky like film. I solved this problem by shaking the pen vigorously every other minute but that obviously got tiring and frustrating pretty quickly. I was able to finish painting my nails eventually and when the white polish dried it looked alright. To my disappointment the white polish began chipping that day and was completely chipped off just three days after I painted them. I definitely would not recommend this nail polish pen to anyone because the results were not good at all.

Perfect Finish

from TN

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

I love this white manicure nail polish pen made by Sally Hansen. I have no problem using this nail polish pen at all. All you have to do to use this nifty little pen is shake it a couple of times until the color is blended and apply. Because it is a pen you don't really even need to use tape strips or anything else to keep it from getting on the rest of your nail, just draw a straight line across your nail tips and viola..

Keep it simple...best french manicure at the drug store

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

This is a great product. It's so much easier than fumbling with white nail polish and little french manicure stickers. Because it's easy to use even with out the little tapes you can use it before your undercoat is fully set. It's great for on the go manicures and quick touch ups.

Ehh not the best

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

I've been doing amateur nails for almost two years now and have used many different effective products to get the job done. This white tip manicure nail polish pen is hard to use, hard to apply, and just makes everything more difficult for me. The result was not appealing.

Less than amazing.

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

I purchased the Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen in hopes that I would be able to replace acrylic nails with it. The problem is that I just couldn't get the same results. I found that my hands are not steady enough to use this pen and I ended up making a mess. I feel like this is a really great concept and if it worked the way it was supposed to it would be a really great product. The pen wasn't too pricey so I wasn't really upset that it didn't meet my expectations. I typically love Sally Hansen products but this is one that I will be passing on from now on. I like that this pen didn't give off a lot of bad odors or anything like that, and I like that it was small enough to put in my nail polish case. I would recommend this pen to someone who is artsy and has a steady hand, otherwise, it probably isn't going to be a good purchase. Also, make sure you have a bit of time on your hands when you start this project because it never takes me less than an hour and a half.

Manicure nail polish pen is good, not great

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

I have used the Sally Hansen french white tip manicure nail polish pen a few times, and am not super thrilled with it. I really love the look of a french manicure, I prefer it to solid color polish, especially on my toenails. One of the cons when you are doing your hands is that you need to have the ability to draw a smooth, steady line to make it look seamless, and that is hard to do when you are painting your dominant hand. Another thing I didn't like about it was the consistency and texture of the polish itself. It was kind of gloppy and not really like nail polish. In a bind, this will work, but there are better ways to do french tips at home.

it is very easy to use.

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

the sally Hansen french white tip manicure nail polish pen isn't a very good product. i thought that since sally Hansen's product usually work well this one would too, but i was wrong. It is very easy to use and helps u achieve the perfect white tip, but it doesn't last long. the product also dries out fast even if you close it right. the nail polish comes off really easily, it only last a few hours before it starts chipping off, maybe because i didn't put on a top coat. like i mentioned before this product is simple to use, and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to do your nails. the product doesn't take long to dry since your only putting on one coat. i would reccomend this product to people who change the color on their nails often

from Indianapolis, IN

Sally Hansen French White Pen isn't the easiest product to use

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen:

I'm a manicure/ pedicure junkie. When I decided to stop blowing money at the salon all the time, I invested in the Sally Hansen French White Tip Manicure Nail Polish Pen thinking it would make an at-home manicure be much easier than using a traditional polish.The first time I used it, it took forever to get the pen moistened. I shook and shook and pressed it down on a piece of paper for quite awhile until all of a sudden a huge glob of white mess came pouring out. I wiped it on the paper and decided to try it out on my nails. I have a fairly steady hand, but it was really hard to apply just enough pressure to make it work, and not too much and end up with a white glob on my nail - all the while trying to maintain a natural curve. Once I somewhat got the hang of it and my white tips had dried, I noticed the white just didn't look even at all. Parts of it were very white, other parts were almost invisible.I've seen that other people have had luck with the pen, but that wasn't my experience at all.